Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Fuzzar

OT - EU straw poll...

Just now, Bill said:

oh dear

not all goods passing through Calais are for or from Farnce

with the UK abandonng food safety regulations the French and the rest of the EU may not want their food consumption or production soiled by the type of shy te you brexiteers will happily eat

Billock - do yourself and everyone else a favour and stop lying.

The EU apparatchiks and prime beneficiaries riding on the backs of the peoples of Europe are in deep sh*t and they know it -- Every tyranny in history has ended up devouring itself in a desperate attempt to sustain in the face of its inevitable demise at the hands of the very people it has been tyrannising and milking.

Mr Puissesseau and his cohorts across the Continent have realised that they are quite capable of managing their own affairs in their interests rather than those of a self-serving oligarchy luxuriating in Brussels.

'Project Fear' has become 'Project Farce' and you Lefties are eating yourselves alive.

Go boil your heads.

13 hours ago, paul moy said:

What nonsense.  It has always been the case that if you have the skillset required where needed you can work anywhere in the world. Yet more remoaner scaremongering.

yet another lie

so explain wht the visa requirements for 'scientists' are having to be changed

1 minute ago, Jools said:

Billock - do yourself and everyone else a favour and stop lying.

The EU apparatchiks and prime beneficiaries riding on the backs of the peoples of Europe are in deep sh*t and they know it -- Every tyranny in history has ended up devouring itself in a desperate attempt to sustain in the face of its inevitable demise at the hands of the very people it has been tyrannising and milking.

Mr Puissesseau and his cohorts across the Continent have realised that they are quite capable of managing their own affairs in their interests rather than those of a self-serving oligarchy luxuriating in Brussels.

'Project Fear' has become 'Project Farce' and you Lefties are eating yourselves alive.

Go boil your heads.

it would be better if you were able to refute the words I actually posted

but, like your 'mate' hand crank, you can't

so you distract by talking a load of shy te about nothing I said

so nows your chance, quote my words and reply to them

Latest score on Suffolk football tops here in Lowestoft is City 3 Scummers 0.

2 minutes ago, ricardo said:

such a varied and interesting life you have 😏

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

it would be better if you were able to refute the words I actually posted

but, like your 'mate' hand crank, you can't

so you distract by talking a load of shy te about nothing I said

so nows your chance, quote my words and reply to them

Billock, you rarely write a single sentence that holds up to the slightest scrutiny -- You read like Carol Cadwalladr 😀

Have you considered a job with the Guardian? 🤥:classic_ninja:🤪🤓😀

Project Fear became Project Reality a long time ago Jools. Sorry about that.

7 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Up The Trawlermen/Fishshaggers or whatever they are called.😀

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

Up The Trawlermen/Fishshaggers or whatever they are called.😀

Probably foreigners by some on here.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jools said:

Billock, you rarely write a single sentence that holds up to the slightest scrutiny -- You read like Carol Cadwalladr 😀

Have you considered a job with the Guardian? 🤥:classic_ninja:🤪🤓😀

so we can take it that yet again you have nothing other than lies and bluster

the forum's own Boris Johnson (or hand crank)

4 minutes ago, Herman said:

Project Fear became Project Reality a long time ago Jools. Sorry about that.

Herman, I'm a tad surprised you haven't claimed Jean-Marc Puissesseau is being bribed by Putin 😀

3 hours ago, BigFish said:

The answer is obvious - deep at its core the driver for the Brexiteers is racism. They do not mind the surrender of sovereignity to the US because the Americans are mostly white and speak English as a first language, although it is instructive that Brextremists seem to take umbrage at Obama. They like the Commonwealth because they feel its citizens will be as subservient as they were during the times of Empire. They don't like the Germans because they are more efficient and successful, and as a result of watching too many war films when they were growing up in the fifties and sixties.

I see John Bolton is coming to the UK this week to give Johnson his instructions on Iran, Huawei and Brexit. How proud they must be of UK soveriegnity.

Scurrilous post, BigFish. In fact it's contemptible, but not unsurprising for a leftie.

Brexit does not mean surrendering our sovereignty to the US (even though your argument implicitly means that we have surrendered our sovereignty to the EU) because after Brexit we will be free once again to choose our law-makers and choose our laws ourselves. And if we don't like the laws or the law-makers we can change both. That doesn't happen as a member of the EU -we are tied to EU directives - but we will be able to make our own decisions once free.

I'm not sure how you place your racist claims against the fact that we will be seeking free trade agreements with countries across the globe, regardless of their skin colour. That's an incredibly ugly slur against seventeen million people to claim they think Commonwealth citizens as being subservient. It shows your inbuilt racism that you see Commonwealth citizens as being people of colour, or do you also claim Brexiteers see Canadians, Australians and New Zealanders as being subservient.

Never mind. If all you've got left in the locker is to pull the race card then you've really lost the big time. You're pathetic

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jools said:

Herman, I'm a tad surprised you haven't claimed Jean-Marc Puissesseau is being bribed by Putin 😀

nah, he uses his bagmen like Farage and Johnson to do that

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

nah, he uses his bagmen like Farage and Johnson to do that

Here, Billock, which stage of grief are you at?:

fb93c86120c9cc1aff44852c236fa76618828ffe

😀

You sound close to a break down hand crank, as each of your posts become more hysterical and more ansurd that the previous one

Why not accept that Bill was right all along

Brexit was never going to happen, and your racism, homophobia and bigotry have just been played on by the wealthy to try and reduce pay, rights and conditions for the rest of us.

You brexit nutters are fastly disappearing down the plug hole of your own stupidity, clinging on to whatever warped and clueless guff to can to save face

............or is it supposed to trigger us

so why not show a bit of dignity and self restraint and stop making such an ar se of yourself

anyway, it's grub up so ta ra my little rightwing nut job

The BBC are reporting that Jean-Marc Puissesseau's family is being held hostage by Dominic Cummings...

😀

19 minutes ago, Jools said:

cd9328b934d70558c2be7d24648f1525f4d5fdac

Farm belonging to Boris Johnson’s arch-Brexiteer adviser received £200,000 in EU subsidies

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

Consolation score for Scummers in Southwold but gap back to 4-1 with a full City kit here in Dunwich

Poor old Billy, changing his mind again, he’s off and on like a rampant priest.

2 hours ago, Jools said:

We import £28 billion EU food and export £8 billion -- Wtf would the French screw their own businesses and truckers by blocking the port?

Britain needs the food (or people go hungry) so yes it's quite possible the UK Gov will let the trucks in to resolve that public relations disaster. And empty trucks can go back the other way without any problems.

So the small matter remains of trucks going back to France with British goods on them - will those exports be allowed / easily pass customs inspection after we crash out of the EU with no deal? If so, why?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Scurrilous post, BigFish. In fact it's contemptible, but not unsurprising for a leftie.

Brexit does not mean surrendering our sovereignty to the US (even though your argument implicitly means that we have surrendered our sovereignty to the EU) because after Brexit we will be free once again to choose our law-makers and choose our laws ourselves. And if we don't like the laws or the law-makers we can change both. That doesn't happen as a member of the EU -we are tied to EU directives - but we will be able to make our own decisions once free.

I'm not sure how you place your racist claims against the fact that we will be seeking free trade agreements with countries across the globe, regardless of their skin colour. That's an incredibly ugly slur against seventeen million people to claim they think Commonwealth citizens as being subservient. It shows your inbuilt racism that you see Commonwealth citizens as being people of colour, or do you also claim Brexiteers see Canadians, Australians and New Zealanders as being subservient.

Never mind. If all you've got left in the locker is to pull the race card then you've really lost the big time. You're pathetic

I note with interest @Rock the Boat that you didn't attempt to refute the gist of the argument, that namely Brexit is driven by native exceptionalism. You are quite thoughtful in some of your posts so you must be aware of how empty this talk of free trade agreements is from the government and Brexiteers. I have yet to see somone articulate what we will trade in, who with and what the inevitable trade offs will be. Someone like @paul moy thinks this is only about tariff barriers, when the really difficult issues will be around product standards and non-tariff boundaries. In that he is typical of those who talk through ignorance. That is without talking about dispute resolution mechanisms, it is clear that the US will require any trade deal to contain one that enables US corporations to sue the UK government and agencies like the NHS for non-compliance. Where is your famous sovereignity then.

The sovereignity you talk about, making own laws, changing own government etc etc simply doesn't exist in a globalised world unless you are North Korea. Strength, and indeed soveriegnity, comes through collaboration & influence. Working with those you have shared onjectives and aims to achieve these. Brexit means the UK will have less influence, be weaker and maybe cease to exist at all in the future. Membership of the EU made the UK stronger, wealthier and more influential. I doubt very much that your average Brexiteer can even name a law from the EU he objects to or one he would want to change, would understand shared product standards, dispute resolution etc..........but he would know he wants fewer foreigners coming into the country. If you can't recognise that you should look at the company you keep.

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

If all you've got left in the locker is to pull the race card then you've really lost the big time. You're pathetic

That's an easy slur to throw back. The US president is all upset about being called a racist too. It seems simply pointing out that his policies and his statements are in fact racist is what's offensive to him. 

In your case, Big Fish has some excellent points and he's right you do offer back reasoned arguments, so where's the dividing line for you - we can accept imports from Canada, Australia and New Zealand, but please don't send any more IT workers from India? We just don't want Polish farmworkers in the UK?

Because like others I'm struggling to see any upside for the British economy from walking away from the EU, and working in both California and on the European mainland, the regulations seem the same. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TCCANARY said:

The sooner we get back to the days when there wasn't any criminal gangs in London the better. Anyone know when that was?

At least we can make a start and there is no doubt that ending freedom of movement for East European criminal gangs to the UK is a very good one.

9 minutes ago, paul moy said:

At least we can make a start and there is no doubt that ending freedom of movement for East European criminal gangs to the UK is a very good one.

Yes Paul, we can keep our own criminal gangs busy without these foreign ones coming over here and stealing our goods and chattles.

Bring back The Krays, you knew where you stood (or not if they kneecapped you) with them.

2 minutes ago, TCCANARY said:

Yes Paul, we can keep our own criminal gangs busy without these foreign ones coming over here and stealing our goods and chattles.

Bring back The Krays, you knew where you stood (or not if they kneecapped you) with them.

We should keep our own gangs busy by arresting and locking them up with severe sentences.  I dream of one day having a government with the will.  Maybe even bring back hanging but for the moment we have to suffer weak governance with parties that cannot even implement a referendum result. 

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

Poor old Billy, changing his mind again, he’s off and on like a rampant priest.

I'm not an avid reader of this thread like some, but did I miss something? I'm no defender of Billy-Bob, after all he slurred me in one of the most disgusting fashions imaginable (by accusing me of being you!), but I haven't seen him waver from his belief that Brexit won't happen. 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, paul moy said:

We should keep our own gangs busy by arresting and locking them up with severe sentences.  I dream of one day having a government with the will.  Maybe even bring back hanging but for the moment we have to suffer weak governance with parties that cannot even implement a referendum result. 

Especially gangs of young men (possibly in dinner suits) getting drunk and smashing up Pubs, then there's the ones who deliberately conspire against the government by meeting foreign politicians in secret.

Hangings too good for them, we should find a more severe punishment.

Edited by TCCANARY
  • Like 1