Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Fuzzar

OT - EU straw poll...

7 minutes ago, Bill said:

That is a blatant lie. There is no evidence of any collusion with the Democratic Party and the KKK during it's formation or since.

It is however another attempt by you, hand crank, at trying to muddy the waters by misrepresentation.

image.png.a9cf4ea8809fcab4e92b194264f29338.png

1 hour ago, Surfer said:

Oh yes a very credible source. Bannon's agit-prop creation until they kicked him out - for being too moderate? Or did the Mercers - who also funded the now defunct Cambridge Analytica - push him out for being dis-loyal?

Anyway, this an (intentional) distraction, so if you would like an answer about what those Congresswomen said I'd be happy to oblige, but it's clear what the political strategy behind this campaign is, and we can move on to the "new news" of this week.  

Do you mean this sort of "new news"?

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1151468359227191298

13 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Is that more or less naive than the idiots who think Leave won clean?! 

moy's bleat is nothing more than the 'stab in the back' excuse I stated a couple of years back

when the crops failed on Animal Farm the pigs came up with the accusation that it was the work of mysterious outside forces, even Farmer Jones - Kim Young One does the same in North Korea

and any one questioning this is a traitor, so the simple minded like mouse brain, Indy and hand crank in all his guises bleat out these words

remember mouse brain and the 'stolen' ballot boxes in South Thanet ? no evidence whatsoever, but enough of a smear to stop thickos from actually thinking for themselves

and when brexit fails in the autumn this is what will be trotted out... a stab in the back, rather than failure due to it being the stupidest idea since Dumbo thought he could hide in the fridge

16 minutes ago, Bill said:

That is a blatant lie. There is no evidence of any collusion with the Democratic Party and the KKK during it's formation or since.

Well actually there is .. at least during it's formation but not now. 

The key to understanding this is the conservative, white, Southern voter base. That is the constant, the political parties changed. 

This group consistently voted Democrat until the Republicans launched their "Southern Strategy" and explicity appealed to racial resentment and reaction against the Civil Rights movement and legislation under the constitutional fig leaf of "States Rights"  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_strategy

I frankly don't care who started the KKK. It is known that President Trump's father was arrested during a 1927 KKK rally; that is interesting but ultimately it is also irrelevant. 

What is relevant is who is carrying the burning cross of KKK messaging today. And that is not members of the Democratic Party. 

(The attached photos are either fake or real, I have no comment to make either way, it's up to you to decide) 

KKK.jpg

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Perhaps the reason "The Squad" are being attacked is investigating potential abuses of power. i.e. doing their job.

AOC on LIbra.jpg

Edited by Surfer

Good to see the back of Selmayr, his appointment showed the worst side of an undemocratic EU, should never have been appointed.

"The departure of Martin Selmayr from the position of secretary-general of the European Commission overflows with poetic justice. With the inevitability of a Wagnerian opera (but a quicker endgame), Selmayr had to leave because of the way he arrived.

The procedure by which Selmayr and his boss, Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker, engineered his transfer from chief of Juncker’s Cabinet to head of the entire Commission secretariat was an act of such chicanery and skulduggery that it stains the record of the entire Commission."

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Herman said:

Do you mean this sort of "new news"?

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1151468359227191298

Well we'll see where that particular thread goes... it is a lot more than 15 years ago, which is the period of time claimed for no contact, but then there is also this development today. Plus the judge's ruling on bail for Epstein is due tomorrow as well.  

Judge denies request to keep Cohen search warrant materials redacted, citing public interest, orders them unsealed tomorrow.

Edited by Surfer
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

This is beyond priceless and beyond parody. From the very same T. May today:

May says getting things done, rather than getting them said, requires qualities that have become unfashionable. One is being willing to compromise, she says. Persuasion, team work and a willingness to make concessions are features of politics at its best. But today people are unwilling to compromise.

As you can see I was able to expand on this a bit for my leader for The Guardian tonight. Of course one ends up having to temper one's language a bit for the paper's more faint-hearted readers. So please don't blame me for the wishy-washy euphemism of "populist currents". My original phrase - "borderline fascistic xenophobic populist pandering" - was deemed too earthy for Hampstead. Still, the overall argument got through:

When asked about populist currents in her own language around Brexit - the notorious 2016 characterisation of its opponents as “citizens of nowhere”, for example – Mrs May evaded the question. She also missed yet another opportunity to speak bluntly about the hazards of quitting the EU without a deal, although she knows well enough what they are. She retreated into a familiar routine of blaming parliament for the current impasse, as if she were a paragon of flexibility and compromise while implacability was found everywhere else. No honest narration of the past three years would substantiate that self-serving revision of events. It is true that Mrs May suffered at the hands of fanatical Eurosceptics in her own party, but by pandering to their unrealistic fantasies she became the author of her own misfortune.

7 hours ago, Jools said:

Now f*ck off, do some homework, tell the truth and stop expecting rightminded people to meekly agree with your warped world views.

more potty mouthed out bursts from some one who is not hand crank - they just share a penchant for racism, lying and foul language... that's all, I think

5 hours ago, Bill said:

It is however another attempt by you, hand crank, at trying to muddy the waters by misrepresentation.

Now why not tell us how you were not aware of the The European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018 being passed as I'm sure many might wonder how someone who is not aware of such a momentous piece of legislation of 12 months ago in this country can have any idea of what happened over 150 years ago in another country.

still no evidence I see, nor any sign of RTB to explain why ' The European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018 being passed in June 2018 was not factored into his claim that  'Invoking A50 was the only thing Parliament has agreed upon' in fact he went on to add

" I can't really understand why you don't see this. " I think everyone else can 😉

still never mind, he came up with another corker after poor Indy became so confused that he thought a previous government could over ride the present Parliament (yes, I know :classic_unsure:)

"The Lisbon Treaty states that in order to leave the EU, a member state needs only to invoke Article 50.  The only thing that Parliament has agreed upon, which they voted for by a large majority, was to invoke Article 50."

Which was quite an absurd claim to make after I had stated that Indy's belief that a previous government could over rule Parliament was incorrect. And again it ignores the 2018 Act (above).

It is Parliament who will be voting on the Withdrawal Bill, not a past government. As it did with The European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2019. (Another thing that did not happen according to RTB)

So my suggestion to RTB (hand crank) is maybe stop posting up brexit sh.yte as it simply gets knocked down every time. And Indy, you would do well to spend some time reading up on this and also ask yourself whether you vote was based on emotion or facts. As any one who thinks that Cameron's government that ended in June 2017 has any jurisdiction over the present day Parliament is way, way off the mark.. or in this case, the scale.

Perhaps have a check up on the respective powers of Parliament and the government. As it is the former who has the power and the final say no PM can over rule them.  But more importantly ask yourself why you have not bothered to check out these most basic of understandings, preferring it would seem to regurgitate guff fed to you by confirmed liars.

And the only person belittling you is yourself, by posting up this nonsense on a regular basis.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

still no evidence I see, nor any sign of RTB to explain why ' The European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2018 being passed in June 2018 was not factored into his claim that  'Invoking A50 was the only thing Parliament has agreed upon' in fact he went on to add

" I can't really understand why you don't see this. " I think everyone else can 😉

still never mind, he came up with another corker after poor Indy became so confused that he thought a previous government could over ride the present Parliament (yes, I know :classic_unsure:)

"The Lisbon Treaty states that in order to leave the EU, a member state needs only to invoke Article 50.  The only thing that Parliament has agreed upon, which they voted for by a large majority, was to invoke Article 50."

Which was quite an absurd claim to make after I had stated that Indy's belief that a previous government could over rule Parliament was incorrect. And again it ignores the 2018 Act (above).

It is Parliament who will be voting on the Withdrawal Bill, not a past government. As it did with The European Union (Withdrawal) Act 2019. (Another thing that did not happen according to RTB)

So my suggestion to RTB (hand crank) is maybe stop posting up brexit sh.yte as it simply gets knocked down every time. And Indy, you would do well to spend some time reading up on this and also ask yourself whether you vote was based on emotion or facts. As any one who thinks that Cameron's government that ended in June 2017 has any jurisdiction over the present day Parliament is way, way off the mark.. or in this case, the scale.

Perhaps have a check up on the respective powers of Parliament and the government. As it is the former who has the power and the final say no PM can over rule them.  But more importantly ask yourself why you have not bothered to check out these most basic of understandings, preferring it would seem to regurgitate guff fed to you by confirmed liars.

And the only person belittling you is yourself, by posting up this nonsense on a regular basis.

You are a daft old coot. The method for leaving the EU is defined by Article 50 of the Lisbon Treaty. We invoked that Article when Parliament voted for doing so. All your nonsense about Parliament  stopping Brexit is just that. In the past three years, Parliament has not voted to revoke Article 50, so the will of the people as expressed by the referendum is being carried out - by Parliament. Despite you pretending otherwise.

13 hours ago, Bill said:

And Indy, you would do well to spend some time reading up on this and also ask yourself whether you vote was based on emotion or facts. As any one who thinks that Cameron's government that ended in June 2017 has any jurisdiction over the present day Parliament is way, way off the mark.. or in this case, the scale.

I’ve never anywhere said anything of the sort, that’s that old age again, I said that the original government in power took it on the nation to vote, they did and voted out, the process to which since has been a disaster, I don’t need to read up dear boy, I know enough and also know enough to see the disaster a no deal could bring about!

But you can’t keep burying your head in the sand Article 50 has been triggered and should Boris when he takes over he’s pretty set to take us out come 31st October. So I really don’t see why you’re making up some daft story I’m looking at any previous government to do anything, it was under that government this process started in is continuing, like it or not.

Im not going into things like you I don’t have any passion in it, I can’t change the outcome, I don’t know how things will turn out and I don’t really care as it’s a process ongoing. I work for the Norwegians, I have dual nationality and I can hold an EU member passport post Brexit.

I voted remain, I don’t like the EU parliament the way it’s made up, some of the ideas moving forward but it’s beneficial for the UK to remain, unfortunately the voters say no.

What more do you want to debate? The rest is all baloney!

So Boris told another lie about the EU, kippers are packaged to comply with UK laws.

Good job Parliament are working to stop him and his ridiculous no deal fantasies.

3 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

So Boris told another lie about the EU, kippers are packaged to comply with UK laws.

Good job Parliament are working to stop him and his ridiculous no deal fantasies.

The default on Halloween is No Deal.  Only legislation can stop it but it would appear that we have already left the EU anyway as the extensions were illegal. 

8 minutes ago, paul moy said:

The default on Halloween is No Deal.  Only legislation can stop it but it would appear that we have already left the EU anyway as the extensions were illegal. 

Yes Paul, we've 'already left the EU'.

In other news the moon is made of cheese and Leeds Utd are Champions of Europe. 🤣

• Haha 1

MPs vote to block the next UK PM shutting down Parliament in order to push through a no-deal #Brexit, by 315 votes to 274. 

Good to hear, except that 274 Members (of Parliament) would have been OK with this anti-parliamentary and anti-democratic approach. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Surfer said:

MPs vote to block the next UK PM shutting down Parliament in order to push through a no-deal #Brexit, by 315 votes to 274. 

Good to hear, except that 274 Members (of Parliament) would have been OK with this anti-parliamentary and anti-democratic approach. 

Nonbinding. Ignore 😮😭😀

12 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Good to hear, except that 274 Members (of Parliament) would have been OK with this anti-parliamentary and anti-democratic approach

Absolutely spot on - on both points!!

2 hours ago, Indy said:

I’ve never anywhere said anything of the sort, that’s that old age again, I said that the original government in power took it on the nation to vote, they did and voted out, the process to which since has been a disaster, I don’t need to read up dear boy, I know enough and also know enough to see the disaster a no deal could bring about!

But you can’t keep burying your head in the sand Article 50 has been triggered and should Boris when he takes over he’s pretty set to take us out come 31st October. So I really don’t see why you’re making up some daft story I’m looking at any previous government to do anything, it was under that government this process started in is continuing, like it or not.

So yet another load of misinformed guff. It is not up to the PM to decide this. It is up to Parliament, as todays vote showed.

And why not expain this you posted

As the ruling government asked the question in a referendum it should now exercise the will of the electorate!

As that suggests you think that the government of the time should be able force Parlaiment to do as it says.

Please explain by what process the legslative can be forced to obry the executive, they can't.

It is called thesovreignty of Parliament. ie they are in charge, not the PM or the government and certainly not a previous government.

Now why not defend/explain your statement and stop waffling about Art 50.

30 minutes ago, Jools said:

Nonbinding. Ignore 😮😭😀

whereas a non binding referendum is ?

and a Bill is always non binding.... err..........as it is a Bill, not an Act.

Clueless ever, hand crank.

48 minutes ago, Surfer said:

No, many will have an eye on what happens once May goes and would have been well aware that the amendment would be passed so there was no need for them to 'raise their head above the parapet.

What today's vote showed was there are enough MPs to stop the Johnson (if PM) from even attempting anything Parliament is against. His further problem is in stopping that margin increasing which it will do if he removes Remain MPs from the cabinet as this frees them from any government obligation.

I expect certain Remainers have long since discussed with EU MEP's how they will be able to stop this nonsense and it only remains for the fat laddie to sing before it is all over.

17 minutes ago, Bill said:

No, many will have an eye on what happens once May goes and would have been well aware that the amendment would be passed so there was no need for them to 'raise their head above the parapet.

What today's vote showed was there are enough MPs to stop the Johnson (if PM) from even attempting anything Parliament is against. His further problem is in stopping that margin increasing which it will do if he removes Remain MPs from the cabinet as this frees them from any government obligation.

I expect certain Remainers have long since discussed with EU MEP's how they will be able to stop this nonsense and it only remains for the fat laddie to sing before it is all over.

04f4ddebf9206dd02dc6a5696fd1c16ecd100191

5 hours ago, ron obvious said:

Thumbnail

In all seriousness, shouldn't we be listening to the boring, grey accountant, who knows the figures, rather than the victorian throwback? 

Posted (edited)

Jools and Moy constantly bleat on about democracy yet they would be happy to shut parliament to force through something nobody voted for?! Fascists. 

Edited by Herman
Swear word removal.
  • Haha 1