Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Fuzzar

OT - EU straw poll...

On 28/07/2017 at 13:50, Bagster said:

Purple I understand your point in regards to Winky, his position is very close to mine but I voted the opposite way. But I also understand why he voted out, the EU doesn''t really do reform and needed a kick in the

Odd how you never thought to explain to us a the time (and other times) that you didn't actually vote,

I agree about the problem with opinions being virtually equally divided but I do believe that whichever side of the coin you are, acceptance would be general within twelve months.

I think sometimes the fear campaign is not about what will happen but more not wanting to be proved wrong. I voted remain because I believed that I feared what leaving might bring, in fact the unknown.

I just wish all concerned would stop exaggerating or even lying and admit it is a risk.

16 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

It is certainly good news although not quite as good as it seems - they are using this government's definition of zero carbon which means it includes a substantial chunk of nuclear and also a chunk of 'imported' energy to make that claim.

So as ever, still smoke and mirrors from the government on energy and climate as on so many other things - but at least we are moving slowly in the right direction 😀

I note one of the projects the EU are are investing in around Norwich is  "The EU provided Liftshare.com Ltd with £173,031 to fund 4% of the "SocialCar" research project. "  I'm sure that will help with Global Warming !

7 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

I note one of the projects the EU are are investing in around Norwich is  "The EU provided Liftshare.com Ltd with £173,031 to fund 4% of the "SocialCar" research project. "  I'm sure that will help with Global Warming !

Er.....yes it will. Far better to have two people (or more) sharing one car than having those two people both drive their own car. 

22 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

It is certainly good news although not quite as good as it seems - they are using this government's definition of zero carbon which means it includes a substantial chunk of nuclear and also a chunk of 'imported' energy to make that claim.

So as ever, still smoke and mirrors from the government on energy and climate as on so many other things - but at least we are moving slowly in the right direction 😀

I don’t think it includes aviation either CM, but nonetheless it’s going in the right direction.

I believe last year renewables exceeded fossil fuels in supplying electricity to the grid, good news indeed 

2 hours ago, Bagster said:

Well Dan 

Ask Herman, CM, Badger or Purple

They all knew what I was saying and what I was implying.

Next time I will fill you in ok 😉

I guessed you were telling porkies from the start, I had seen similar tactics on other social media sites. 

Why do Lefty extremists think they can do anything without consequences? Well done Mark Field - you shouldn't have apologised.

23 minutes ago, Van wink said:

I don’t think it includes aviation either CM, but nonetheless it’s going in the right direction.

I believe last year renewables exceeded fossil fuels in supplying electricity to the grid, good news indeed 

When are you going to protest outside the Chinese & Indian embassies, Winky?

22 minutes ago, Van wink said:

I think you are right - aviation tends to get 'over-looked' quite often. Bit like imported electrcity which apparently doesn't count because the carbon is generated somewhere else even though the electricity is consumed here. I imagine that the French, or whoever, also exclude it from their figures for precisely opposite reasons!

I'm not sure that renewables exceeded fossil fuels in total last year  - could be wrong but gas fired stations are still a huge part of our generating capacity. Either way it was very encouraging recently to hear that one of our coal fired power stations is closing even earlier than planned - not because of any government or commercial concern/action about the climate crisis but purely because of market forces - it had become totally uncompetitive relative to renewables. Primarily with wind of course, but even solar is getting there too, and of course if the government ever lifts the ban on onshore wind (generation 😀) then we would see a huge drop in fossil fuel use.

15 minutes ago, Jools said:

Why do Lefty extremists think they can do anything without consequences? Well done Mark Field - you shouldn't have apologised.

Why do right wing extremists think they can do anything without consequences?

Although hopefully in this case they won't - you clearly feel that assaulting women is fine but as far as I'm aware it is a still a criminal offence so to commit it in front of television cameras is about as profoundly stupid as you can get - although pretty much par for the course amongst the dimwits that comprise the current government.

Still a by-election would at least give us something to look forward to.........😀

1 hour ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Er.....yes it will. Far better to have two people (or more) sharing one car than having those two people both drive their own car. 

At £173,031 how many will change ?

37 minutes ago, Jools said:

For the first time on this thread I agree with something from Jools.......If anyone thinks it’s acceptable to storm into an event like this without consequences considering the real threat from terrorism, must want their head testing. He shouldn’t apologise for confronting an intruder, she might just have been carrying a knife or worse!

35 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

I think you are right - aviation tends to get 'over-looked' quite often. Bit like imported electrcity which apparently doesn't count because the carbon is generated somewhere else even though the electricity is consumed here. I imagine that the French, or whoever, also exclude it from their figures for precisely opposite reasons!

I'm not sure that renewables exceeded fossil fuels in total last year  - could be wrong but gas fired stations are still a huge part of our generating capacity. Either way it was very encouraging recently to hear that one of our coal fired power stations is closing even earlier than planned - not because of any government or commercial concern/action about the climate crisis but purely because of market forces - it had become totally uncompetitive relative to renewables. Primarily with wind of course, but even solar is getting there too, and of course if the government ever lifts the ban on onshore wind (generation 😀) then we would see a huge drop in fossil fuel use.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/nov/06/uk-renewable-energy-capacity-surpasses-fossil-fuels-for-first-time

I don’t think it exceeded in total but in capacity

10 minutes ago, Indy said:

For the first time on this thread I agree with something from Jools.......If anyone thinks it’s acceptable to storm into an event like this without consequences considering the real threat from terrorism, must want their head testing. He shouldn’t apologise for confronting an intruder, she might just have been carrying a knife or worse!

A knife? Good god no, well it's a good job he grabbed her by the neck because that's exactly how to stop a terrorist with a weapon, leave their arms free.

It was a Greenpeace protest, it was announced as a Greenpeace protest. Mark Field assaulted an unarmed woman. You and Jools condone it and appear to buy his laughable, pitiful excuse that she could have been armed. One, if she was armed then you don't grab their neck, two, if she was armed cowards who assault women cower under the table and grab a handkerchief to wipe the p*ss-stain from their crotch.

brexiteers on here demonstrating what disgusting despicable low life they are once again. Green concerns are a major issue. I don’t condone the protesters actions at all but if you think violence against women is acceptable then it confirms that brexiteers are totally out of touch with reality. Anyone in theory can be armed with a knife but that is just a smokescreen excuse for violent behaviour and does not give you the right to assault a woman. Since when have left wing liberals be known for their physical violence   Pathetic attempt to justify violence against women. 

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, Jools said:

When are you going to protest outside the Chinese & Indian embassies, Winky?

I’m up my local takeaway quite regularly and often have a moan about the prices 

Edited by Van wink
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

A knife? Good god no, well it's a good job he grabbed her by the neck because that's exactly how to stop a terrorist with a weapon, leave their arms free.

It was a Greenpeace protest, it was announced as a Greenpeace protest. Mark Field assaulted an unarmed woman. You and Jools condone it and appear to buy his laughable, pitiful excuse that she could have been armed. One, if she was armed then you don't grab their neck, two, if she was armed cowards who assault women cower under the table and grab a handkerchief to wipe the p*ss-stain from their crotch.

Don’t care what the protest was about, but you nor I knew her intentions, no one knew what she could be thinking of doing!

She had no right to do what she did and as such wouldn’t have been dealt with as she was if she hadn’t of intruded, no sympathy.

You are a Neanderthal if you think it is any way acceptable or  excusable to grab a women in a cocktail dress by the neck and certainly a defence that would never stand up in law. Violence against women is not acceptable or excusable. Mark Field deserves everything coming his way 

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

Don’t care what the protest was about, but you nor I knew her intentions, no one knew what she could be thinking of doing!

That's true, but if you watch the whole sequence its quite clear she was unarmed and the plank who assaulted would have seen her hands in the open and empty.

So his attempt to defend his own violence is risible and pathetic, and hopefully will be given short shrift in court.

2 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

The real story behind this is that the performance improvements are technology-driven. If you want to live on a clean planet, the answer is to embrace technology to achieve it rather than trying to stop people from doing stuff. And if you add in a financial motivation to going green, then the market will get you there faster than you can say Donaudampfschiffahrtsgesellschaftskapitän

3 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

That's true, but if you watch the whole sequence its quite clear she was unarmed and the plank who assaulted would have seen her hands in the open and empty.

So his attempt to defend his own violence is risible and pathetic, and hopefully will be given short shrift in court.

You have the benefit of hindsight and the ability to rerun a video sequence time over time. You do not realise than one has a couple of seconds or even less in which to react to an attack.

We live in an age where protestors carry weapons and where C-list celebrities suggest carrying battery acid to demonstrations. There is no way that you can judge the mental state of that woman, so Mark Field did exactly the right thing by acting immediately to stop a potential threat to himself and everybody around him. It is an outrage that Theresa May has suspended him, typically in keeping with her cowardly nature. In a normal world, Mark Fields would be a hero.

And no doubt this woman sees herself as a feminist, so she has to expect to be treated the same as a man would in the same circumstances. Using the weak female defence doesn't work. I would have knocked her teeth out.

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, T said:

You are a Neanderthal if you think it is any way acceptable or  excusable to grab a women in a cocktail dress by the neck and certainly a defence that would never stand up in law. Violence against women is not acceptable or excusable. Mark Field deserves everything coming his way 

Wow, although I don’t condone this incident, a large part of the blame must be at the woman, she is like it or not being threatening and had she had acid in her bag or a concealed knife used it, everyone would be in uproar that she was allowed to get to her targets!

Its too easy to blame someone for excessive force when in the situation and circumstances I don’t think he was in the wrong in restraining her.

Like I said if she didn’t put herself in that situation it would never of happened.

Edited by Indy

8 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

The real story behind this is that the performance improvements are technology-driven. If you want to live on a clean planet, the answer is to embrace technology to achieve it rather than trying to stop people from doing stuff. And if you add in a financial motivation to going green, then the market will get you there faster than you can say Donaudampfschiffahrtsgesellschaftskapitän

The market is what caused the problem, it's only fair that it helps the green lobby find a solution.

1 minute ago, A Load of Squit said:

The market is what caused the problem, it's only fair that it helps the green lobby find a solution.

Fairness doesn't come into unfortunately, but if you incentivise the market it will provide solutions.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

You have the benefit of hindsight and the ability to rerun a video sequence time over time. You do not realise than one has a couple of seconds or even less in which to react to an attack.

Except of course it wasn't an attack and at no point looked like an attack - it was a protest which I believe was already known to everybody present so the idea that he only had a couple of seconds to react is as ludicrous as the rest.

Are you saying that our government ministers are so dim that they are unable to tell the difference between an unarmed female protester and a terrorist attack? Because that sounds like the basis of your defence of this idiot.

Edited by Creative Midfielder

3 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

That would explain a lot !

Feel free to contact me via PM so I can explain how I’m not Bill. Either your main account or one of your other accounts you’ve created 👍🏻