Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Fuzzar

OT - EU straw poll...

Just now, Van wink said:

If you read the post above I think you will find that’s what I said😀

This is getting too much of an in-joke!

It's not a recession in the strict technical definition of the term but in a moral sense it is. It's like where City concedes a goal in the last minute to draw a game, it feels like a loss. That's where the EU is now.

16 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

It's not a recession in the strict technical definition of the term but in a moral sense it is. It's like where City concedes a goal in the last minute to draw a game, it feels like a loss. That's where the EU is now.

17 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

This is getting too much of an in-joke!

Billy’s voices are telling him that you are me RTB, wherever will this end 😂

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Van wink said:

If you read the post above I think you will find that’s what I said😀

Apologies VW, it was RTB - I should have known better!

You are often rather selective with your economic data, but such crass errors are not your style at all.

Simply careless reading on my part, and in no way because I believe you & RTB to be the same person 😀😀

2 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Apologies VW, it was RTB - I should have known better!

You are often rather selective with your economic data, but such crass errors are not your style at all.

Simply careless reading on my part, and in no way because I believe you & RTB to be the same person 😀😀

Do you have voices, strange mysterious voices in your head, telling you to do things CM😀

1 minute ago, Van wink said:

You’ve confirmed it, you are a complete looney.

🤣

comfirmed that you are a liar, more like,  as we both well know 😜

Just now, Bill said:

comfirmed that you are a liar, more like,  as we both well know 😜

You have completely lost is Billy, and now we know why!

Posted (edited)

I once asked VW to lay off me a bit because I sometimes struggle with anxiety. It was a lengthy message via PM. He read it and then baited me about my mental health in subsequent threads. I kept screenshots. What a lovely fellow.

Edited by Hoola Han Solo

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

I once asked VW to lay off me a bit because I sometimes struggle with anxiety. It was a lengthy message via PM. He read it and then baited me about my mental health in subsequent threads. I kept screenshots. What a lovely fellow.

Low, but unsurprising. He certainly gives off the impression that he has a deep-rooted sense of inadequacy that he tries to deal with it by creating a persona online that reflects how he'd like to be away from the screen. Trouble is, he wants that persona to come across as macho and intelligent but he doesn't have the first clue how to behave that way.

Mocking mental health, inferences about penis size, references to small man syndrome; there is a reason he resorts to this type of assault.

Edited by canarydan23

23 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Do you have voices, strange mysterious voices in your head, telling you to do things CM😀

Sometimes maybe, but only when posting on social media!

The axes and chain saw are safely tucked away in the garage, and only ever put to use to supply the wood burner.........with wood!!! 😀

• Haha 1

Yes, Van Wink sure does like trying to get a reaction with regards to people's mental health. "Looney", "hearing voices", "delusions". I'm glad he thinks it's all one big joke.

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

and remainers are always trying to get a reaction, by questioning intelligence !

If the cap fits....

2 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

and remainers are always trying to get a reaction, by questioning intelligence !

Remainers are always trying to get a reaction, by questioning intelligence!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Herman said:

Although he was still a proper tory he was the only one willing to tell the proper facts. That they kicked him out rather than face reality speaks volumes. That people like you are happy about it shows how low this country has got. Sad. 

Roderick of Remania, a proper Tory 😀 Like too many in the current conservative party he doesn't have a conservative bone in his body.

He'd be better suited to your Lib-Dums.

70cacbc432cd5bbffb87e6ddd1dd8839f309cfd4

Edited by Jools

4 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

Remainers are always trying to get a reaction, by questioning intelligence!

😄☝️

8 hours ago, Bagster said:

Oh Hermie what are we going to do with you, you get more hysterical everyday.

I used to quite like you but now we are having to change your nappy so often it's getting tiresome.

I suggest you take a little break from social media....you've earned it 😉

As you have been dishonest from the start, "I voted remain" (remember that), then I don't care if you like me or not. And I would carry on highlighting your dishonesty but I'd probably just stick you in the bin with Jools and Moy.

Just because Labour areas voted leave, it doesn't necessarily mean Labour voters voted leave

🤣🤣😄😀😂😄😂😆😀🤣☝️

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Herman said:

Just because Labour areas voted leave, it doesn't necessarily mean Labour voters voted leave. Here's some contradictory evidence.

image.png.a9cf4ea8809fcab4e92b194264f29338.png

🤣🤣🤣

1 minute ago, Jools said:

Just because Labour areas voted leave, it doesn't necessarily mean Labour voters voted leave

🤣🤣😄😀😂😄😂😆😀🤣☝️

Yeah, they voted for something they didn't favour, apparently.

ROTFLAKMS!

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Herman said:

Just because Labour areas voted leave, it doesn't necessarily mean Labour voters voted leave. Here's some contradictory evidence.

🤣

8 hours ago, Bagster said:

So CM have you accepted the result of the referendum?

I was going to post something about the 'accept/reject' debate you were having with Purple earlier but its been a busy day for me.....

But since you've asked me a direct question I guess you deserve an honest reply, although I don't think you'll like it!

This debate about accepting or rejecting the result, like so many facets of Brexit, has been running for a very long while but IMO is a completely meaningless (and uninteresting) one. Your asking me if I have accepted the result suggests to me that you think I have a role to play or at least a choice to make whereas in reality I have neither. The only role I had was as a voter and the only choice I've had is which box to put my cross in. The referendum and its result are a well documented historical event and without wishing to sound too Theresa May-like 'it is what it is', and it is just the same at every election - we get a vote, and as some bright spark once said, the government always wins. We don't get the option to accept or reject the result, so my direct answer would be I've neither accepted nor rejected the result.

Here's another, somewhat indirect, way of answering your question. The 2010 election event and result is also well known and documented and we also have the benefit of hindsight as to how its consequences played out. So if you asked me if 'I accepted the result of the 2010 election' then my answer (and its a long one!) would be:

If by 'accept the result' you mean do I know that the election took place, do I know what the result was and do I understand that election results have consequences, then yes I've accepted the result.

If you mean by 'reject the result' you mean that I was (and still am) very angry that resulting coalition government embarked on a course of action that was very damaging to this country's economy, its environment and to many of its most vulnerable citizens, then I'm afraid I also rejected the result.

If you also mean by 'reject the result', did I moan endlessly' to anone who'd listen(!), signed petitions or other peaceful protests then yes, another that's another rejection.

Finally if you mean by 'reject the result', was I very angry that two different parties, with very different political platforms combined together to form a government and broke many serious promises that each had made, then its another rejection to extent that I will never vote for either of those parties again (and I had voted for one of them in that election).

So I'll leave you to judge whether I accepted or rejected the result but the reality is that its all normal politics and we actually do neither - especially in the UK where our electoral system has negligible accountability and therefore a huge democratic deficit.

I, and many others, have been 'moaning' about this for years but it seems that the complacent majority believe that everything is fine in the 'mother of parliaments' so 'if it ain't broke, dont fix it'. Except, of course, that they're now waking up to the fact, sadly far too late, that it is broke and what's more they don't know how to fix it. So the standard and probably only way for the politicians and indeed others to respond is to begin the hunt for scapegoats, and certainly for Brexiteers the target is obvious, and its not the liars who sold them a myth or even their own hard Brexit MPs who have prevented Brexit!!!

But that was not really a pop at Brexiteer voters, we're only having this conversation because our democracy and the representation it produces has become dysfunctional - this is the underlying problem and it has been a long time in the making. Brexit is just the straw that broke the camel's back.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Jools said:

image.png.a9cf4ea8809fcab4e92b194264f29338.png

🤣🤣🤣

You don't understand it; that doesn't mean it's stupid. You're just not bright enough to grasp the analysis. 

Try harder.