35 minutes ago, Bagster said:

@PurpleCanary

The date was,  is the clue

1999 is 20 years

Subtract 3 to the referendum and amazingly you end up with 17

Something happens to expats at 15 years 😉

In other words I lost my right to vote

Therefore my vote was always just theoretical 😉

Not quite sure why or how this could happen as surely it would have an effect on EU expats.but it is what it is.

Now my vote would've been a theoretical Remain but was changed to a theoretical leave.

Strange thing to do, probably, but the Remain reaction made it inevitable that I would not sit that side of the table.

Now I note that you said "many" remainers had accepted the result.

So I was wondering which one's on here do you think have 

I see no ships. 

• Like 1

Oh Hermie what are we going to do with you, you get more hysterical everyday.

I used to quite like you but now we are having to change your nappy so often it's getting tiresome.

I suggest you take a little break from social media....you've earned it 😉

2 minutes ago, Bagster said:

I would be interested to know how many other people believe that VW has various other names including

Me

rtB

Jools

Plus more I would think.

Or do we all accept that Bill is a delusional character 

My simple answer to both of your questions is that I don't know and to be honest I'm not even curious or bothered by it.

I think it would be extremely naive to accept anything you read on social media at face value without applying some sort of reality filter to it,  so I guess much depends upon the settings of your personal reality filter  😀

18 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

My simple answer to both of your questions is that I don't know and to be honest I'm not even curious or bothered by it.

I think it would be extremely naive to accept anything you read on social media at face value without applying some sort of reality filter to it,  so I guess much depends upon the settings of your personal reality filter  😀

Why did you block Bill then CM?

In a fresh sign of the divisions within the party, 26 Labour MPs in Leave areas wrote to their leader to warn him that a second referendum would “alienate” many of its natural supporters.

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

Why did you block Bill then CM?

Multiple yellow cards for time wasting!!

I don't like the idea of blocking, and most of the time the personal filter I mentioned is in my head but Bill is one of a small group of people (on both sides of the Brexit debate) who I've blocked - I spend too much time on here anyway but with most people, even those with strongly opposed views, you can have a bit of a debate/discussion and sometimes even a laugh 😀

But there are a few with views formed years (decades??) ago and seemingly oblivious to the realities of the 21st century. There are others with strongly held views who simply want to state but not discuss/debate them. They seem to think that endlessly restating the same old rubbish (or even worse copying and pasting huge chunks of other people's rubbish - Bill may have his faults but at least he does generate his own posts) is all that is required to stun us into agreeing with their wisdom and the validity of their case. It also often seems that some posters are more concerned at proving they were right in something they thought or said years ago rather than discussing the current situation which IMO is not particularly interesting and can be can tiresome- I'm afraid Bill is included here but he's not the only one.

This doesn't just apply to Brexit, Big Vince springs to mind on the football threads but he, at least, has enough self-awareness to go quiet when current circumstances render his obsessive views even more ridiculous than usual - I don't think we've heard from him at all this season unless he managed to get any early season rant in before we started breaking club records😀

But Brexit has been a very long saga, and I did read the posts of all the handful of people I've subsequently blocked for quite a long while,  and replied to quite a lot of their posts. But as I very rarely, if ever, got a sensible/rational response - usually more of the same or no response at all. So I just got tired of reading the same old entirely predictable posts and gradually stopped replying to them as it seemed a waste of time until I reached the point of thinking that it was a waste of time even reading them and that technology in the form of blocking could save me some time.

Of course, I still get to see snippets from all of them when other people quote them but I've seen nothing at all yet from any of them to make me think I should unblock them again!!  😀

3 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

In a fresh sign of the divisions within the party, 26 Labour MPs in Leave areas wrote to their leader to warn him that a second referendum would “alienate” many of its natural supporters.

Would it alienate them so much that they end up getting 14% in a national election?

Wait a second...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Would it alienate them so much that they end up getting 14% in a national election?

Wait a second...

It was the 'fresh sign of the divisions within the party' bit of Swindon's post that I loved - the divisions in the Labour party, and the Tories as well for that matter, have been in full and clear view for the last three years. I think it would take quite a bit more than a letter to JC to qualify as fresh sign - maybe an actual fist fight between JC and Tom Watson, preferably at the Dispatch Box,  would qualify??

41 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

It was the 'fresh sign of the divisions within the party' bit of Swindon's post that I loved - the divisions in the Labour party, and the Tories as well for that matter, have been in full and clear view for the last three years. I think it would take quite a bit more than a letter to JC to qualify as fresh sign - maybe an actual fist fight between JC and Tom Watson, preferably at the Dispatch Box,  would qualify??

It may happen, Watson has dropped a few weight classes.

So Johnson's guff about brexit has been exposed.......from the other side of the channel this time.

The shytemeister  General has consistently told the not too bright that " he would reopen the withdrawal agreement and ditch the backstop "

Many of this side of the channel and the argument have long point out that this is bollox and that he is simply lying to get elected. Something that was pointed out in the TV debate...albeit with out the actual word 'lying'.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tory-leadership-race-mark-rutte-netherlands-boris-johnson-gove-javid-a8966751.html

A worthy read - more so this, which the halfwits still don't seem to grasp

"With a hard Brexit - even with a normal Brexit - the UK will be a different country, it will be a diminished country. It is unavoidable because you are no longer part of European Union, and you are not big enough to have important enough position on the world stage."

7 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Yes indeed, although if it did happen I think I'd advise JC to adopt the Michael Heseltine approach  😀

Relying just on his fists against TW, would probably result in a very short bout!

"The Bank of England has warned that economic growth in Britain could grind to a halt during the second quarter amid mounting risks to the economy from a no-deal Brexit.  

Sounding the alarm as its nine-member monetary policy committee (MPC) voted unanimously to leave interest rates on hold at 0.75%, the central bank said the lack of resolution was weighing on growth.

Threadneedle Street slashed its growth forecast for the three months to June to zero, from 0.2%, amid a broader deterioration in the economy since Theresa May extended the Brexit deadline until the autumn.

Warning that downside risks to growth had increased as the threat of crashing out without a deal has risen up the agenda, it said that companies expect uncertainty would persist, while there were no clear signs that firms would increase investments in Britain."

So no 'sunny uplands there, or 'deals being the easiest in the world" either.

It would appear that nothing the liars told the gormless has happened, or would happen either.

Still, as Johnson has shown, you should never under estimate the stupidity of some of the electorate.

4 hours ago, Bagster said:

@PurpleCanary

The date was,  is the clue

1999 is 20 years

Subtract 3 to the referendum and amazingly you end up with 17

Something happens to expats at 15 years 😉

In other words I lost my right to vote

Therefore my vote was always just theoretical 😉

Not quite sure why or how this could happen as surely it would have an effect on EU expats.but it is what it is.

Now my vote would've been a theoretical Remain but was changed to a theoretical leave.

Strange thing to do, probably, but the Remain reaction made it inevitable that I would not sit that side of the table.

Now I note that you said "many" remainers had accepted the result.

So I was wondering which one's on here do you think have 

I am glad you explained that, Bagster, because I wouldn't have guessed! Not when I was trying to think of "a quite important fact" relating to Brexit. I had in mind something more widely significant to the whole fiasco than just you not being able to vote...😀

Anyway, it gives me a chance to answer two more of your questions. As to many Remainers accepting the referendum result, I was actually thinking of MPs. It is a fact that many of them, particularly on the Tory side, did just that, May included, and started voting accordingly, which is the best factual way of telling that they switched.

Of the 160-170 Tory MPs who had voted Remain in the referendum, only one (Ken Clarke) voted against invoking Article 50, and only 47 Labour MPs. As to here, I accepted the result straight away. I could not answer for others.

As to whether Van Wink is some multiple-personality schizo who has created yourself, Jools, Rock the Boat and Crafty Canary, and perhaps others. I am familiar with the oeuvres and writing style of all these apparent posters (it was a dirty job, and I didn't really have to do it but I regarded it as my professional duty).

The only common point is that like VW they are all (apart from you then?) pro-Brexit. That apart, in all other important respects - writing style, level of facility with the English language, method of argument, capacity to argue cogently, level of understanding of oppositional arguments, level of understanding of facts, ability to distinguish between facts and wishful thinking, ability to differentiate between trustworthy and untrustworthy sources - they differ markedly not only from VW but from each other.

I can think of only poster on this forum smart enough😻 to pull off the trick of creating and keeping going four or five extra personas and with such convincing verisimilitude, and VW is not them. I am afraid my sad conclusion, much as I might wish it were not so, is that these posters are all real separate people.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bill said:

So Johnson's guff about brexit has been exposed.......from the other side of the channel this time.

The shytemeister  General has consistently told the not too bright that " he would reopen the withdrawal agreement and ditch the backstop "

Many of this side of the channel and the argument have long point out that this is bollox and that he is simply lying to get elected. Something that was pointed out in the TV debate...albeit with out the actual word 'lying'.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/tory-leadership-race-mark-rutte-netherlands-boris-johnson-gove-javid-a8966751.html

A worthy read - more so this, which the halfwits still don't seem to grasp

"With a hard Brexit - even with a normal Brexit - the UK will be a different country, it will be a diminished country. It is unavoidable because you are no longer part of European Union, and you are not big enough to have important enough position on the world stage."

It's all about winding the clock down to October 31st now. Smoke and mirrors have their uses. Boris is not as dumb as he looks.

1 hour ago, Bill said:

"The Bank of England has warned that economic growth in Britain could grind to a halt during the second quarter amid mounting risks to the economy from a no-deal Brexit.  

Sounding the alarm as its nine-member monetary policy committee (MPC) voted unanimously to leave interest rates on hold at 0.75%, the central bank said the lack of resolution was weighing on growth.

Threadneedle Street slashed its growth forecast for the three months to June to zero, from 0.2%, amid a broader deterioration in the economy since Theresa May extended the Brexit deadline until the autumn.

Warning that downside risks to growth had increased as the threat of crashing out without a deal has risen up the agenda, it said that companies expect uncertainty would persist, while there were no clear signs that firms would increase investments in Britain."

So no 'sunny uplands there, or 'deals being the easiest in the world" either.

It would appear that nothing the liars told the gormless has happened, or would happen either.

Still, as Johnson has shown, you should never under estimate the stupidity of some of the electorate.

The EU, Germany in particular, already in recession, Billie Boy. No one's buying their cars these days.

" he only common point is that like VW they are all (apart from you then?) pro-Brexit. That apart, in all other important respects - writing style, level of facility with the English language, method of argument, capacity to argue cogently, level of understanding of oppositional arguments, level of understanding of facts, ability to distinguish between facts and wishful thinking, ability to differentiate between trustworthy and untrustworthy sources - they differ markedly not only from VW but from each other. "

Whereas in at least one case the names when quoted turned to to be the same.

Of course the same spelling mistakes, phraseology, sentence construction are mere coincidence.... as is the 'mistake' of replying to arguments posted to 'other' posters.

Last night I was up until the early hours marking work (yes it goes on) and you get a feel for someone's writing style after a while. It is as if they were speaking to you direct.

I expect hand crank, like the late Dave of Lowestoft, roams far and wide elsewhere on the internet so is not so diligent in his posts as simply honesty would otherwise have.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c63YDrSrcO8

19 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Still no answer from Billy then.............all the gear, no idea Billy!

yes, you are an habitual liar

not sure why you need me to spell that out

when you give ample evidence yourself

41 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

4 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

The EU, Germany in particular, already in recession, Billie Boy. No one's buying their cars these days.

Nope.

9 minutes ago, Bill said:

yes, you are an habitual liar

not sure why you need me to spell that out

when you give ample evidence yourself

Still no answer to the Revocation question, just more of your BS. No surprises there eh!

10 minutes ago, Bill said:

" he only common point is that like VW they are all (apart from you then?) pro-Brexit. That apart, in all other important respects - writing style, level of facility with the English language, method of argument, capacity to argue cogently, level of understanding of oppositional arguments, level of understanding of facts, ability to distinguish between facts and wishful thinking, ability to differentiate between trustworthy and untrustworthy sources - they differ markedly not only from VW but from each other. "

Of course the same spelling mistakes, phraseology, sentence construction are mere coincidence.... as is the 'mistake' of replying to arguments posted to 'other' posters.

Last night I was up until the early hours marking work (yes it goes on) and you get a feel for someone's writing style after a while. It is as if they were speaking to you direct.

I expect hand crank, like the late Dave of Lowestoft, roams far and wide elsewhere on the internet so is not so diligent in his posts as simply honesty would otherwise have.

Jeez, are you a teechur? Your use of the English Language is appalling. Check out what an adverb is, for starters, and then work on your punctuation skills.

10 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Nope.

Germany Q1 is in growth, just a fraction below the UK

Posted (edited)

26 minutes ago, Bill said:

Ha ha ha ha ........falls off chair. He’s hearing voices now.....just about says it all!

Edited by Van wink

14 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Come now VW, Germany isn't in recession is it?    2019 Q1 0.4% GDP growth if memory serves.

And everybody is still buying their cars, just that the Chinese aren't buying as many of them as before which is a downside of having a major ally run by an egotistical idiot who thinks that winning illegitimate trade wars is easy. Of course it's also a downside of having a very large manufacturing sector in your economy but fortunately the UK doesn't have to worry about that issue

I don't think the EU is in recession either, just Italy springs to mind - I wonder whether that's related in any way to having elected a right wing, populist, incompetent government.........oh hang on a minute, maybe that is what we should be worrying about!!

3 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Come now VW, Germany isn't in recession is it?    2019 Q1 0.4% GDP growth if memory serves.

And everybody is still buying their cars, just that the Chinese aren't buying as many of them as before which is a downside of having a major ally run by an egotistical idiot who thinks that winning illegitimate trade wars is easy. Of course it's also a downside of having a very large manufacturing sector in your economy but fortunately the UK doesn't have to worry about that issue

I don't think the EU is in recession either, just Italy springs to mind - I wonder whether that's related in any way to having elected a right wing, populist, incompetent government.........oh hang on a minute, maybe that is what we should be worrying about!!

If you read the post above I think you will find that’s what I said😀