Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Fuzzar

OT - EU straw poll...

23 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Proposing a "deal" that has already been roundly rejected or rubbished or both hardly sets him apart from any of the other Tory leadership candidates.😎

Well it's still more realistic than expecting the EU to renegotiate the withdrawal agreement after three years of dithering, or claiming that a no deal Brexit isn't going to be damaging.

Rory's probably the only one who would consider a Customs Union.

5 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Boris seems like he hasn't prepared at all.

Actually he looked to me as he has been preparing non stop for the past week or so.

Unfortunately having to defend a record of repeated incompetence and offensive comments is not the easiest task, more so when those comments are put to you. Looked well out of his depth.

Gove once again showed what a two faced weasel he is. If he imagines any one in the country believes he took up politics to 'help the poorest' then he has little contact with the world outside his head.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Van wink said:

I’m a Comprehensive school working class boy Dan, as I’m sure you are, do you think a private education would have helped my dyslexia?

which school was that ?

Greyliars ?

Edited by Bill

4 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Sorry, it's from the leaveEU Crowd, but it just shows what labour could be saying for support.

I wonder if he mentioned the UK definitely leaving the EU on 29th March 2019

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:
1 hour ago, SwindonCanary said:

It get me, Rory Stewart is pushing for the deal that T. May tried to get through parliament again and again. So why are they voting for him ?

Proposing a "deal" that has already been roundly rejected or rubbished or both hardly sets him apart from any of the other Tory leadership candidates.😎

Rory Stewart is the only one who speaks with any common sense about things. We all know that parliament will not allow a no deal, so why not say so and get no deal off the table?  The EU know it as well. At least he has the honesty to say so and confront the others about it....which they totally ignored - because they are trying to fool people into thinking they have a solution...which they do not.

He may not look like a prime minister in waiting, but he does talk some sense, which is presumably why he is still in there.  Unfortunately, honesty does not get you the prime minister's job, which will go to the politician who can bluff his way to the top job with fake promises and bravado. 

It's just more of the same.........until we get a general election and finish the tories and labour off as major forces in politics. They have had their day....and it shows.  Boy does it show.

Edited by lake district canary

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

At least Stewart had the honesty to admit this is no time for tax cuts. Unlike the other vote seekers.

I bet the bloke from Oxford would be the first one to complain when all his local services got cut.

7 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Admit it. It's going to be king Boris the first, isn't it.👑

Probably. The reason he didn't stand against May 3 years ago was because he didn't want to have to clear up the Brexit mess he helped create. Now he's going to have to try - and he won't be able to. 

48 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Sorry, it's from the leaveEU Crowd, but it just shows what labour could be saying for support.

The fact that Leave EU are regurgitating stuff from 1962 sums it up perfectly. They are living in the past in quite spectacular fashion .................. just like that bunch of losers from down the road. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

What a SH1T shower, only winner there was Steptoe FFS

The 'Rory Show' was more a win for Sir Nigel of Farage and the BXP 👍

Seriously, even by the BBC's standards, that was f*cking dire.

fc85745fcad93706e2323aad23397ef9cb963e0f

e7da7f1b452c7a9e3c1f59c19229b109dde6dd40

3c28fa0527d328e6fd3f6b10c2c931a7f976e905

4c865b29f3d9ebc7b284e38edfd87c435c30327b

Bring back the 1950’s seems like a great idea. Britain had just won the war (but don’t mention the Russians) despite the usual indifference of the Americans, the EU was just a Coal and Steel pact and we hadn’t had the embarrassment of Suez yet. A time when almost every industrial nation’s capacity was in ruins so if you had a factory you could sell whatever you could manufacture, well if there was any money....

Yes, that was when Britain was truly Great. And America. We can’t forget America. Make Allies Great Again!  MAGA - sounds catchy, I think we may have something there chaps...

8 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

I've no idea; you'll find it hard to believe but some questions are beyond even me.

I've got one for you though; do you think the comprehensively educated, working class boys and girls made redundant by Dyson's offshoring will be pleased that he's got over £18 million to create a facility that, presumably, will be for the sole use of students whose parents can afford to fork out £8,000 per term for every child at the school?

Too right, Dyson should have spent his life stuffing cocaine up his nose and living off benefits instead of employing 4,000 people in the UK. Send him to the Gulags

9 hours ago, Van wink said:

What a SH1T shower, only winner there was Steptoe FFS

Rory was the only one telling the basic truths, so he can't win. Vote LibDem or Greens if you are still sane. Labour dead. Tories dead. Brexit party will kill the country.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Too right, Dyson should have spent his life stuffing cocaine up his nose and living off benefits instead of employing 4,000 people in the UK. Send him to the Gulags

A hyperbolic straw man; a signature of the triggered. Or the stupid. Or in your case, both.

Edited by canarydan23

13 hours ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Boris Johnson - 126 - up 12 - 40%

Jeremy Hunt – 46 - up 3 - 15%

Michael Gove – 41 - up 4 - 13%

Rory Stewart – 37 - up 18 - 12%

Sajid Javid – 33 - up 10 - 11%

Dominic Raab – 30 - up 3 - 10%

Rory biggest gainer and overtook Javid as well as Raab. Javid looks certain to be next out.

Why is that, do you think that raab supporters are more likely to vote for Rory......I don't, I think he has gone as far as he can go.

Boris made it clear last night his strategy, which means as I've suggested all along, No Deal, article 24 of WTO for the transition phase as we negotiate the FTA totally outside of the EU. This was always the best option and clearly shows that May was up to no good offering to pay for a transition phase with the backstop keeping us tied to the EU. This was never necessary and a clear remoaner tactic. 

• Like 1

Much will depend on how thos running Johnson wish to play it

Shift their votes to the one likely to do the least damage to Johnson in the 'play off'

After last night's inept performance they can only see anyone as being a threat

2 minutes ago, paul moy said:

Boris made it clear last night his strategy, which means as I've suggested all along, No Deal, article 24 of WTO for the transition phase as we negotiate the FTA totally outside of the EU. This was always the best option and clearly shows that May was up to no good offering to pay for a transition phase with the backstop keeping us tied to the EU. This was never necessary and a clear remoaner tactic.

you sound as clueless as he did last night

.....................merely mumbling out contradictory guff that the others pulled apart

whoever is running him will need to either get him to remember his lines or keep him hid away (as previous)

The problem we now have and have had since the referendum to be fair is that both hard leave and hard remain have solidified.

It seems the sensible and intelligent option of uniting the country through compromise isn't going to happen anytime soon.

So this s h I t show is going to rumble on.

Boris has already won this, so crown him and let's see what he can do.

In my opinion we are just about to experience groundhog Day once again. I hope not but I have seen nothing from anyone that will unlock this door.

So General election or 2nd referendum or are we heading to another round of indicative votes.

On and on it goes, where it stops nobody knows...rigid thinking when flexibility and creative thinking is required.

Boring zzzzzzz

1 minute ago, Bagster said:

The problem we now have and have had since the referendum to be fair is that both hard leave and hard remain have solidified.

It seems the sensible and intelligent option of uniting the country through compromise isn't going to happen anytime soon.

So this s h I t show is going to rumble on.

Boris has already won this, so crown him and let's see what he can do.

In my opinion we are just about to experience groundhog Day once again. I hope not but I have seen nothing from anyone that will unlock this door.

So General election or 2nd referendum or are we heading to another round of indicative votes.

On and on it goes, where it stops nobody knows...rigid thinking when flexibility and creative thinking is required.

Boring zzzzzzz

that may be down to your obvious lack of understanding of all of this

(I blame the comprehensive education system myself 😉)

I'd like to see a pact between Farage and Boris allowing BP standing against remainer MPs with a snap general election removing most remainer Tories and Liebore from Parliament.  This then gives a clear mandate for a No Deal Brexit and GATT 24  for the EU FTA. 

• Like 1

Just now, paul moy said:

I'd like to see a pact between Farage and Boris allowing BP standing against remainer MPs with a snap general election removing most remainer Tories and Liebore from Parliament.  This then gives a clear mandate for a No Deal Brexit and GATT 24  for the EU FTA.

That's just a random jumble of words

..... not much different to usual 😁