Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Fuzzar

OT - EU straw poll...

36 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Earlier Today

Mr Johnson's plan appeared to be to defer the negotiations over the problematic Irish backstop till after the UK leaves the EU on 31 October. He proposed extending the transition period till December 2021, which would give everyone enough time to negotiate a free-trade deal and come up with the technology to ensure no physical infrastructure would be required at the Irish border.

I'm sure we have had this one before and been turned down by the EU.

I'm sure we have, plus of course if he genuinely thought/believed he could sort out a free trade deal and the Irish border by Dec 2021 then surely he would have no issue with the backstop anyway as it would never come into force.

But the idea that the EU would accept the WA and extend the transition to 2021 without the backstop in place is pure fantasy and an old fantasy at that!

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Van wink said:

I’m a Comprehensive school working class boy Dan, as I’m sure you are, do you think a private education would have helped my dyslexia?

I've no idea; you'll find it hard to believe but some questions are beyond even me.

I've got one for you though; do you think the comprehensively educated, working class boys and girls made redundant by Dyson's offshoring will be pleased that he's got over £18 million to create a facility that, presumably, will be for the sole use of students whose parents can afford to fork out £8,000 per term for every child at the school?

Edited by canarydan23

30 minutes ago, Van wink said:

I’m a Comprehensive school working class boy Dan, as I’m sure you are, do you think a private education would have helped my dyslexia?

really ?

and which comprehensive was that you attended ?

10 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

I've no idea; you'll find it hard to believe but some questions are beyond even me.

I've got one for you though; do you think the comprehensively educated, working class boys and girls made redundant by Dyson's offshoring will be pleased that he's got over £18 million to create a facility that, presumably, will be for the sole use of students whose parents can afford to fork out £8,000 per term for every child at the school?

I’m in no way an apologist for Dyson Dan 😀(sounds like a comic character), but do you know how many employees the company has in the UK and how many working class boys and girls were made redundant by his offshoring?

"Nigel Farage’s Brexit party has been asked to check £2.5m it has received in donations to ensure it has come from legitimate sources.

Importantly we have

The Electoral Commission will oversee checks carried out by the fledgling political party after criticising the way the party accepts gifts through online payment systems such as PayPal."

Leaving it to Farage would be like asking Fagin to voluntarily return all items not honestly acquired.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/18/brexit-party-check-donations-for-illegal-funding-nigel-farage

17 minutes ago, Bill said:

really ?

and which comprehensive was that you attended ?

Dotheboys Hall?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Herman said:

" The only thing Conservative members said could make them abandon Brexit was if that stopped Jeremy Corbyn becoming prime minister. "

Are you thinking what I am thinking ?  😋

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Herman said:

Wow, see what you mean.

Must admit I found it hilarious that they thought they were in danger of never winning another election if they didn't deliver Brexit but were only concerned with the threat from Farage and/or Corbyn. If any of them had an ounce of self-awareness they would be much more concerned about Old Father Time putting the Tory party out of business than those two muppets.

Perhaps YouGov should have included a question to check how many of them actually have a firm grasp on which century they're living in  😀

• Haha 1

Forgot to say, perhaps YouGov should also have included another question to find out how many out them realise that they are actually members of the Conservative and Unionist Party?

4 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

Perhaps YouGov should have included a question to check how many of them actually have a firm grasp on which century they're living in  😀

Their first, but not all of them

Just now, Creative Midfielder said:

Forgot to say, perhaps YouGov should also have included another question to find out how many out them realise that they are actually members of the Conservative and Unionist Party?

I was just going to ask if they had ever noticed that end part.😀

it gets worse

" Another section of the study found that 58 per cent of Tory members thought leaving the EU without a deal would win the Tories the next election – with around a third of those people believing it might also keep them in power for multiple elections to come. " 🙄

what 'reality' are these lunatics living in ?

that they are spouting this total **** when even their own MPs are now admitting that it will take years before the UK possibly recovers

this is not about being thick, it is about a dogmatic fundamentalism that would see ISIS as advocates of tolerance and rational thought in comparison

2 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Rory still in, Raab gone

Any chance of a more 'comprehensive' report ? 😀

9 minutes ago, Herman said:

I was just going to ask if they had ever noticed that end part.😀

I think that's a very legitimate question, I'm pretty sure I've seen surveys in the past which indicated that Tory party members were not particularly concerned about preserving the union.

Even TM who liked to talk about 'our precious Union' seemed perfectly happy to put it at risk whenever it was politically expedient.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Bill said:

Any chance of a more 'comprehensive' report ? 😀

Boris Johnson - 126 - up 12 - 40%

Jeremy Hunt – 46 - up 3 - 15%

Michael Gove – 41 - up 4 - 13%

Rory Stewart – 37 - up 18 - 12%

Sajid Javid – 33 - up 10 - 11%

Dominic Raab – 30 - up 3 - 10%

Rory biggest gainer and overtook Javid as well as Raab. Javid looks certain to be next out.

Edited by Creative Midfielder

1 minute ago, Van wink said:

unblocked ?

any update on that comprehensive school you attended

in your 'prolier than thou' claim ?

I left before Comprehensives were invented but I went to  high school.

It was on a hill.

6 hours ago, dj11 said:

If you have stereotyped me as a snowflake, I wonder how people stereotype you? 

RWNJ usually

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I left before Comprehensives were invented but I went to  high school.

It was on a hill.

mixed school I presume

.......................both having to fetch the pail of water

15 minutes ago, Bill said:

We know you were heavily influenced by Fagin Billy.

23 minutes ago, Bill said:

or was that yet another lie ?

1 minute ago, SwindonCanary said:

It get me, Rory Stewart is pushing for the deal that T. May tried to get through parliament again and again. So why are they voting for him ?

I think they like his smile Swindon😀

19 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

It get me, Rory Stewart is pushing for the deal that T. May tried to get through parliament again and again. So why are they voting for him ?

Proposing a "deal" that has already been roundly rejected or rubbished or both hardly sets him apart from any of the other Tory leadership candidates.😎