Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Fuzzar

OT - EU straw poll...

2 hours ago, dj11 said:

Could you post the evidence again please or point me in the right direction. 

Use the Pinkun search engine

1 hour ago, Herman said:

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure how he ended up at that conclusion?! 

You said the Telegraph was trying to smear Rory Stewart by claiming he once worked for MI6. 

My question to you was what, in your world, makes it a smear to work for MI6?

Is that any clearer for you?

8 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Use the Pinkun search engine

Found it. 'If this account of the meeting between the PM and the German Chancellor is accurate'. That is not evidence in my book.

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

It was a stupid conclusion to end up at, so naturally as a stupid person that is exactly what RTB did.

Incidentally, I had to cleanse myself this morning as I actually found myself warming to Rory Stewart. However, a brief look at his track record and voting past quickly put paid to that.

Putting someone who is a bit a c**t in a room full of utter c**ts does not stop that someone being a c**t.

It's a bit like this thread; there are occasions where you start to think VW might have an IQ higher than Ipswich Town's points total this season, but then you realise it's only because you've been reading posts from Jools, paul moy and RTB.

This soyboy is well-triggered for a Tuesday morning. 

Just now, Rock The Boat said:

This soyboy is well-triggered for a Tuesday morning. 

I don't think you know what triggered means, do you?

3 minutes ago, dj11 said:

Found it. 'If this account of the meeting between the PM and the German Chancellor is accurate'. That is not evidence in my book.

Well done, I knew you could do it  and my heart bleeds for your disappointment, but that's life, snowflake. 

Just now, Rock The Boat said:

Well done, I knew you could do it  and my heart bleeds for your disappointment, but that's life, snowflake. 

Oh, you do know what triggered means! I was looking for you to provide a definition, but giving an example of being triggered was a great way to answer.

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Oh, you do know what triggered means! I was looking for you to provide a definition, but giving an example of being triggered was a great way to answer.

Yeah, I feel so sad for you lost souls

8 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

If you have stereotyped me as a snowflake, I wonder how people stereotype you? 

Posted (edited)

"Soy boy" is a term used by the far right, as an insult to men who are deemed "less masculine" or more feminine.

It's the idea (that in 2019), any man showing sensitivity, feeling and compassion is somehow inferior. I guess you could call it borderline homophobic, so you can add that to bigotry, sexism etc that RTB likes to revel in.

I think I'd rather be called a soy boy, than being one of these Brexiteers that can't argue without using foul mouthed abuse.

It's also ironic, because it is very easy to trigger people like Rock the Boat. It's why he has to resort to name calling, because he's a very insecure person who can't have his opinions challenged (isn't this termed a 'snowflake'?)

Edited by Hoola Han Solo

14 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

"Soy boy" is a term used by the far right, as an insult to men who are deemed "less masculine" or more feminine.

It's also, similarly to snowflake, a term that only seems to exist on the internet.

The reason? The people who use the terms would melt into non-existent at the prospect of actually calling someone a snowflake or soyboy to their face; which brings a certain sense of unintentional irony to the insults.

I can think of better things to do right now

IMG_20190618_1204595.jpg

Where is that. It is the proverbial Cats and Dogs in Redruth. I've been remasticing around the bog this morning

2 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Her Withdrawal Agreement was written by Merkel in Germany and handed to her to get through the HoC. It's why she tried four times to get her deal through Parliament. It was her 'there is no alternative' moment. I agree with you that there was a chance at the outset to get cross-party consensus at the outset but that bird flew away very early on and by the end it was the Germans writing her script. I posted a couple of months back the evidence for this.

No it wasn't and no you didn't - it was written in Brussels but where it is written is utterly irrelevant anyway given it was essentially a detailed definition of the Stage 1 agreement (which had already been agreed between the UK and EU27).

TM wasted the whole of 2018, when she should have been negotiating the future relationship with the EU but instead tried to pretend she hadn't signed the Stage 1 agreement and so got lumbered with the backstop added to the agreement.

Merkel's opinions clearly have a considerable weight but nevertheless the EU27 have maintained total unity throughout this process even though there must inevitably have been some differences of opinion amongst the national leaders, and secondly Merkel is by no means the most 'hardline' of the EU leaders with respect to Brexit, in fact everything we know suggests she tried to make things easier for TM but that other leaders within the 27 were determined to stick to the previously agreed positions (and back Ireland to the hilt).

I'm agreed your'written by Merkel in Germany' is just very low grade fake news.

29 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I can think of better things to do right now

IMG_20190618_1204595.jpg

Many happy returns for yesterday

Still dry and very pleasant here KG. My daughter has just turned and twisted my arm to have another half. 😀🍺

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

You said the Telegraph was trying to smear Rory Stewart by claiming he once worked for MI6. 

My question to you was what, in your world, makes it a smear to work for MI6?

Is that any clearer for you?

No. 

Still dry and very pleasant here KG. My daughter has just turned and twisted my arm to have another half. 

I can hear you kicking and screaming from here!

Two good stories. The much maligned Mr Dyson doing something for Norfolk, I’m sure somebody will be along to slag him off.

A2ADB6D1-0D15-40FC-B2FA-47A6A6B677BD.png

Two good stories. The much maligned Mr Dyson doing something for Norfolk, I’m sure somebody will be along to slag him off.

He could have rounded it up to £20M:classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

That's a bit like me giving a quid to charity and hoping for a pat on the back. 

Earlier Today

Mr Johnson's plan appeared to be to defer the negotiations over the problematic Irish backstop till after the UK leaves the EU on 31 October. He proposed extending the transition period till December 2021, which would give everyone enough time to negotiate a free-trade deal and come up with the technology to ensure no physical infrastructure would be required at the Irish border.

I'm sure we have had this one before and been turned down by the EU.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Herman said:

That's a bit like me giving a quid to charity and hoping for a pat on the back. 

For us old boys in Norfolk it’s very welcome Hermy, as is anything that can support mental health.

Edited by Van wink

51 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Money goes to money.

I’m a Comprehensive school working class boy Dan, as I’m sure you are, do you think a private education would have helped my dyslexia?

I suppose if I had thrown my country under an electric bus, I'd probably try and make amends. The old Catholic guilt. 

5 minutes ago, Herman said:

I suppose if I had thrown my country under an electric bus, I'd probably try and make amends. The old Catholic guilt. 

As I said, somebody would be along to slag him off.

• Haha 1