Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Fuzzar

OT - EU straw poll...

10 hours ago, Herman said:

Apropos of nothing the block feature does work, sort of. If you are tired of liars and wums it is worth giving a go. 😉

You Remaniacs have run with dispelled 'Project Fear' myths throughout this thread and still you claim it's Brexiteers who are the liars.

The majority of what you people believe in and put up here is a complete contortion of the facts and my tolerance of it is finally exhausted.

Herman, Billock, KiO, SmallFry and CM: Consider yourselves blocked 👍

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jools said:

You Remaniacs have run with dispelled 'Project Fear' myths throughout this thread and still you claim it's Brexiteers who are the liars.

The majority of what you people believe in and put up here is a complete contortion of the facts and my tolerance of it is finally exhausted.

Herman, Billock, KiO, SmallFry and CM: Consider yourselves blocked 👍

Proud to be blocked by Jools😀😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Looks like everyone is talking to themselves now😉

Might as well have done that all the way through the thread, Ricardo 😀

On 11/02/2019 at 14:15, Bill said:

Now then Jools.

I did not call you a liar just asked whether you or the IMF were. Quite different.

Those are outdated figures from Neil, though it should be no surprise that you were happy to post them up rather than check more reliable sources, FT etc

And it is audacity, not as you posted

Odd, or not as some may think, that you share the same constant bad spelling as hand crank, 'mad' moy and RTB as well as posting up abusive words and  very similar right wing guff

all very odd, I think not

More

For slow learners, here (again) are G7 GDP 2018 growth figures, year on year up to latest reported quarter: US: 3% Q3 Canada: 2.1% Q3 UK: 1.3% Q4 Germany: 1.1% Q3 France: 0.9% Q4 Italy: 0.1% Q4 Japan: 0% Q3 When all Q4 in, won't change much. UK slow but not slowest in G7. End of

Just for Bill. Now tell me again about the outdated figures Billy boy.......your usual inaccurate BS.

The country would be in a much healthier state if we had blocked and muted the liars, cheats, racists and frauds a long time ago. Unfortunately they now run the show. 

10 hours ago, Herman said:

That seems to be at odds with what Stephen Barclay has told Sky News. While warning also of the "in none ones interests to have a no deal scenario" he added that "EU leaders see no merit in extending the uncertainty with a delay to article 50".  Therein lies the crux of the matter of the situation Parliament finds itself in. We can talk about where the delay may come from, be it from TM herself, or via amendments from the Coopers or Grieves, but its far from 100% certain that the EU would agree on extending art 50. Even the subject of how long it would last is up in the air, in recent times ive heard "maybe a couple of weeks" from Leadsom, originally "up to 9 months" from Cooper, then maybe "3 months" from the Labour front bench, to now Robbins the civil servant saying "possibly lengthy".

Like most things  with Brexit, just a mite over 40 days to go and still no one knows what outcome will develop.

17 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

We can talk about where the delay may come from, be it from TM herself, or via amendments from the Coopers or Grieves, but its far from 100% certain that the EU would agree on extending art 50.

I'm not sure why so many still imagine that the UK PM has powers to over ride Parliament. That the UK PM 'rules' as some sort of medieval monarch. I expect many imagine that a GE election is there to see which party is in absolute power' after counting up the number of MPs. Quite frightening.

Amendments are 'adjustments' to statements, bills etc brought to the house. Which by their name indicates who decides .... Parliament.

It was Pariament who decided on whether to trigger Article 50 and pass the European Union Withdrawal Act. And as te latter has a definite date (29th March 2019) it requires Parliament to enact legislation to over ride that statute.

I do believe that it has been voters almost complete ignorance of these matters that has allowed the right wing press to post up such misleading and inflammatory headlines, and stories underneath. Hence we have millions with their heads full of lies and brexit nonsense.

ps the comments attributed to Olly Robbins might just point 'some'  (those of an open mind) to where this is going

2 hours ago, Essjayess said:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/12/theresa-mays-brexit-tactic-my-way-or-a-long-delay

That seems to be at odds with what Stephen Barclay has told Sky News.

IMO that significantly increases the likelihood that the Guardian is right!

Barclay is right that the EU will not be at all happy to delay Article 50 but if the options are reduced to 'no deal' or 'Article 50 extension', which appears to be what TM is aiming for, then I don't think there is much doubt that both sides will opt for the extension.

37 minutes ago, Creative Midfielder said:

IMO that significantly increases the likelihood that the Guardian is right!

Barclay is right that the EU will not be at all happy to delay Article 50 but if the options are reduced to 'no deal' or 'Article 50 extension', which appears to be what TM is aiming for, then I don't think there is much doubt that both sides will opt for the extension.

Who ever thought that would be the case ?

So just be grateful that the naughty TM hasn't come up with such a dreadful deal that extending Article 50 would seem to be the only sane option

That would never do, would it ?

No sirree............................. "brexit means brexit, baa baa "  🐑

image.png.72358cbc3f162d23c83cdf29eb7e3d96.png

Olly Robbins has ended up in a significant amount of hot water after a sensational scoop from ITV’s Angus Walker in Brussels, who overheard Theresa May’s chief negotiator talking loudly to two colleagues in a Brussels hotel bar on Monday night. His remarks more or less confirmed all of Brexiteers’ worst fears that the wool is being pulled very firmly over their eyes…

Robbins’ revealed his plan to force the deal through by letting it go down to the wire and using the threat of a “long” extension to bully MPs into voting for the deal, saying “… Got to make them believe that the week beginning end of March… Extension is possible but if they don’t vote for the deal then the extension is a long one…” The Government’s long-held position has been firmly against any extension of Article 50. Now Robbins wants to weaponise that possibility to blackmail MPs. Forget the EU, it is clearer than ever that the UK’s own chief negotiator is not negotiating in good faith…

Robbins also boasted about the true nature of the backstop, revealing that it was not intended to be a “safety net” as it has been sold publicly but actually a “bridge” to the future relationship – exactly as his opposite number Sabine Weyand told EU ambassadors the day after the deal was agreed. Robbins told his companions: “The big clash all along is the ‘safety net’… We agreed a bridge but it came out as a ‘safety net’.” This blows another massive hole in May’s key commitments – this time on leaving the customs union. Robbins is answerable directly to the Prime Minister. How can she continue to stand up at the Despatch Box telling MPs one thing while allowing her chief negotiator to run round Brussels saying the complete opposite?

Yet, Herman, Billock, KiO et al, will tell you it's Brexiteers that have lied throughout 🤪 Like they tell you Brexiteers have been in charge of negotiations throughout 🤪
Edited by Jools

6 hours ago, Essjayess said:

Like most things  with Brexit, just a mite over 40 days to go and still no one knows what outcome will develop.

Read the Guido article I just posted -- Should give you a pretty good idea of how things are going to pan out.

The self-interested treasonous b@stards.

image.png.30ef2dc7e7a3a4b72c815650d0890e97.png

The latest ONS inflation figures have found that UK inflation has fallen to a two-year low of 1.8%,in another blow to Remainer guff about Brexit pushing the cost of household items up significantly. Presumably the same people who were complaining it was too high a few months ago will now be complaining it’s too low…

3 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Have steered clear of this thread for a while, but here's Jacob Rees Mogg's take (possibly).

Quality.

9 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Whereas the UK did far better than all the other 27 EU countries who saw a fall on average of- 0.5%

(the UK's figure was actually ................. err............. -0.5%)

and the figures were not for last year as claimed, but for the month of December 2018

poor clueless brexiteers

2 hours ago, Jools said:

😀

The latest ONS inflation figures have found that UK inflation has fallen to a two-year low of 1.8%,in another blow to Remainer guff about Brexit pushing the cost of household items up significantly. Presumably the same people who were complaining it was too high a few months ago will now be complaining it’s too low…

UK inflation is now 1.3 percentage points below its peak of 3.1 per cent in November 2017 but still higher than the pre-Brexit vote period.

I suppose It's only fair to expect Brexit to affect things when it happens whereas the vote has made things worse.

17 minutes ago, Bill said:

what happened to our 'motoring correspondent' ?

350 job losses announced at Honda, Swindon in March

Oh. I thought there weren't going to be any kind of negative impacts, particularly at Honda in Swindon. I'm fairly sure a fellow canary from the area had absolutely confirmed this would be the case... if only I could remember the name of the expert canary from Swindon...

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Whereas the UK did far better than all the other 27 EU countries who saw a fall on average of- 0.5%

(the UK's figure was actually ................. err............. -0.5%)

and the figures were not for last year as claimed, but for the month of December 2018

poor clueless brexiteers

Excuse me, where does it say anything about the UK doing better. The charts simply show monthly performance for each country and there is certainly considerable variation although taken as a whole and reading the summary of the report things look pretty poor all round.

The figures are for each month against the previous month and the sequence runs from July 18 to Dec 18 and cover a whole range of performances from Ireland with minus 19.8% to Denmark plus 14.3%

Our performance looks distinctly average

1 hour ago, Bill said:

So what was your point then ?

You didn't like the charts then?

Thought facts and figures were interesting and hoped it might stimulate some sensible comment.

4 hours ago, ricardo said:

Blimey, Ricardo, those figures prove we must stay in the EU - I love the fact that the common external tariff keeps the developing world poor, EU landowners wealthy and we get the added benefit of paying around 17% higher than we need to for equivalent food produce on the world market 😜

30 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Thought facts and figures were interesting and hoped it might stimulate some sensible comment.

Sensible comment from a Remaniac? Tall order, Ricardo.

I've a sensible question for them relating to those dreadful figures you supplied: Why are Remaniacs so desperate to shackle the UK to an economic bloc with severe structural flaws and one that's in long-term decline?

I won't wait up for a sensible answer.