Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Fuzzar

OT - EU straw poll...

TUSK’S POLAND – MOST HEAVILY SUBSIDISED COUNTRY IN THE EU

image.png.db98b7fdbe08056f97912db10cbd03d6.png

EU Council President’s home country – and how it needs the UK

Given the outrageous official statement by unelected EU Council President Donald Tusk yesterday, readers may like to review a summary of some facts relevant to Poland and its relationship with the EU and particularly with the UK.

1. Hosting Mr Tusk’s fellow countrymen and women in the UK

Here is what the ONS said in their latest migration report of November 2018 :-

Polish has been the most common non-British nationality in the UK since 2007.”

According to the ONS, 890,000 Poles live in the UK. This is widely assumed to be a large underestimate, due to the lack of proper monitoring conducted by the authorities. For years the provision of new N.I. numbers to EU nationals has far outstripped the supposed number of migrants entering the country from the EU, as we have reported many times.

UK : Poland’s 3rd-largest market - Poland sells far more to UK than Poland buys from UK

Last year in the 11 months to November 2018, Donald Tusk’s home country of Poland sold €12.7 billion of goods to the UK. In return they bought just €5.0 billion of British goods, giving them a massive trade surplus of €7.7 billion in just 11 months.

Their exports to the UK went up by a healthy 5.8% compared to the same period in 2017. The UK was the third largest market for Poland last year.

By contrast, Poland sold only €5.6 billion of goods to the USA in the same period, with a negative trade balance of -€0.3 billion. For Poland’s exports, the UK’s market is worth more than double that of the USA.

Poland – the most massively-subsidised country in the EU

Poland is the largest net beneficiary of the EU budget by a long way. For the last year for which figures are available, Poland received an amount exceeding the UK’s net contribution.

In 2017, Poland received a net subsidy more than twice the size of any other EU member state.

With the UK being one of the few net contributors to the EU budget over the past 45 years, the British taxpayer has been subsidising Poland ever since that country joined the EU.

image.png.ee38d71af56dafb2d0112368abad89c9.png

Please note: The above does not present the full picture, as the UK also pays heavily into the EU’s ‘off-budget’ funds – something we have reported on many times.

Observations

If we were Polish, like Mr Tusk, we would probably not be inclined to antagonise the people of the UK.

Given that he has done so, we welcome his apparent support for our #GoWTO campaign. We anticipate that his comments will persuade even more British people that the sooner we leave this sclerotic and anti-democratic organisation, the better.

14 minutes ago, Jools said:

And what you Remaniacs have contrived to call 'No Deal' is actually Brexit and what 17.4 million voted for.

Nope that's just you lying......yet agains hand crank.

You do not now what 17.4m voted for other than the words on the ballot paper. One that you curiously (when postings as hand crank) claim had an option for a soft brexit.

What can be, and is, known is that huge numbers voted on the basis of lies from your sort and a barrage of misinformation. Misinformation that suggested the UK could still enjoy the benefits of being in the EU without any financial contribution to it's running, or any obligation to abide by previously agreed regulation.

The present impasse has not been caused by there not being enough of you rightwing nut jobs involved in negotiations but that what was promised by said nutjobs is undeliverable. Those sunny uplands, those free trade deals signed over night were all lies, just as the guff about the needing us more than we need them.

If attempts to fly off the end of Worthing Pier fail it is not because the participants have not the correct assembly of cardboard and string. Not because their costume is not authentic enough - it is because the laws of gravity exist ie reality

Sadly it is that reality that you, and what's left of the brexiteer fanatics, still seem unable or more likely unwilling to grasp.

Your numbers, just like ISIS, are dwindling by the day.

41 minutes ago, Jools said:

😲

Christ alive, this is like living in some kind of alternate universe! There's tribes deep in the Amazon that know Brexiteers have been nowhere near negotiations and that a set of unelected Remainiac civil servants from the UK negotiated with a set of unelected, Euro-federalist and fanatical bureaucrats in Brussels.

And what you Remaniacs have contrived to call 'No Deal' is actually Brexit and what 17.4 million voted for.

If Brexiteer politicians & civil servants had been in charge of Brexit negotiations we would already be gone.

What a sorry bunch of EU loving Remaniacs you are to actually stand by the incredibly ill-advised intervention by Tusk and the EU, knowing full well that the worst PM in history will continue to grovel to the Brussels Mafia.

Brexiteer negotiating with his plan on the desk in front of him

image.thumb.png.fae86421506a86d861da3c7afbe0bbaa.png

1 hour ago, Bill said:

"If any question why our country died. Tell them it's because brexiteers lied."

image.png.4cdb72225969c8f2ae646998edf1dc22.png

I think he's finally managed to get one done. With the Faroe Islands.

45 minutes ago, Jools said:

a set of unelected Remainiac civil servants from the UK negotiated with a set of unelected, Euro-federalist and fanatical bureaucrats in Brussels.

unelected civil servants ?

the same unelected civil servants who drew up Article 50, the Referendum Bill and much else since way back

perhaps you would prefer Dianne Abbot to have been involved rather than some legal advisor, on the basis that at least she was elected ?

clueless as ever hand crank

1 hour ago, Jools said:

image.png.3215f9e9004cdde24b57ba9c04f17f4b.png

Mark Carney’s 🤪 latest gloomy predictions for the British economy have elicited all the usual told-you-so responses from Remainers 🤪 with very short memories. The Bank of England has predicted 1.2% growth for 2019. Before the referendum Remainers said we would be deep in recession now…

There was in fact another set of 2019 forecasts also released this morning – by the European Commission. The EU actually upgraded Britain’s 2019 forecast to 1.3% – the same as France, Belgium, Sweden and the Eurozone as a whole. Struggling Germany is lagging behind on 1.1% while Italy is down on 0.2%. Despite… Brexit? 😎

Another partial Guido article, amother Jools own goal. EU predicts UK growth will be slower than 25 of the 27 EU nations and Jools thinks this is success.

"If any question why our country died. Tell them it's because brexiteers lied."

image.thumb.png.2de67a03c0c84e6f6d2b1177cff9483e.png

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Badger said:

I am not actually clear that this is the case. Whilst this is the current posturing, it is quite likely that this is a negotiating stance. The fact of the so-called Malthouse Compromise suggests that they are alive to the fact that no deal has complications.  It would mean that some of their simplistic solutions that some of here find convincing are put to the test and found wanting, exposing the mendacity of their position. It is better for them to say that they had to compromise to "save Brexit" and suggest that things would have been better if they had been listened than to have their positions exposed as essentially fraudulent.

However, I fully accept that it could be that because they are trying to prevent a "softer" Brexit through a deal by TM involving the Labour party or some of its backbenchers. Time will tell, but I would not be surprised if some minor change by the EU is described as a "game-changer" allowing the ERG etc to back down and support TM's deal, whilst saving face.

Maybe I've been radicalised but all I can see is malevolence coming from the arch-capitalists like Rees-Mogg, who are using any trick they can to push us further to no deal. They tend to gain a hell of lot from the country falling off a cliff, and their own personal greed far outweighs their love of country. Plus they are getting the "big bully EU" narrative going, which people like Jools are falling for, so they can get away from taking any blame.

Hopefully I am simply indulging in conspiracies, but I trust some of the ERG as far as I can throw them.

Unfortunately I think the poor 'stick insect' imagines that out of all this chaos he will emerge as some latter day Arthurian figure destined to save this noble land.

I say unfortunate because he may well dress like and and act out the part of some 19th century statesman but that counts for little when political nounce is required. Not noted around Westminster for being over burdened with intellect (hence his still only being a lowly backbencher,) and rather a figure of fun at Eton, if only for his rather staged and simplistic contributions to debates he has as much chance of being PM as a one legged man has of winning an **** kicking contest.

That he has flip flopped in his position in a matter of a few dys.... leading the revolt against May then pledging his allegiance pints to not only the shallowness of any supposed principles, but how little political weight he carries.

A sort of political Carry On figure as Charles Hawtrey

39 minutes ago, Bill said:

Unfortunately I think the poor 'stick insect' imagines that out of all this chaos he will emerge as some latter day Arthurian figure destined to save this noble land.

I say unfortunate because he may well dress like and and act out the part of some 19th century statesman but that counts for little when political nounce is required. Not noted around Westminster for being over burdened with intellect (hence his still only being a lowly backbencher,) and rather a figure of fun at Eton, if only for his rather staged and simplistic contributions to debates he has as much chance of being PM as a one legged man has of winning an **** kicking contest.

That he has flip flopped in his position in a matter of a few dys.... leading the revolt against May then pledging his allegiance pints to not only the shallowness of any supposed principles, but how little political weight he carries.

A sort of political Carry On figure as Charles Hawtrey

Sounds like you've actually come to realise that we're leaving the Eu and you've been wrong for the past two years.

1 minute ago, Rock The Boat said:

Sounds like you've actually come to realise that we're leaving the Eu and you've been wrong for the past two years.

evening hand crank

image.png.c5dce92fdf7647d5d9aef543a5efa4d4.png

So we have Chris Grayling (Transport) Micheal Gove (Environment) Priti Patel (International Development) Theresa Villiers (turned down Health)

Missing Liam Fox (International Trade), David Davis (Brexit) and Boris Johnson (Foreign)

Only John Whittingdale and Ian Duncan Smith didn't get anything. Around half the cabinet was Vote Leave at one point.

13 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

The Corbyn offer, stripped down to essentials, or more to the point, one essential, that of the UK staying in a customs' union, is nothing new. Corbyn has been saying that for months. Now it is in writing.

The other points are probably either acceptable to the government, such as on workers' rights, or vague enough - a say in trade deals etc - to be fudgeable.

And it is the deal May could have had from the beginning, if she had not been so desperate to prove to the hardline Brexiters she really was one of them now.

The problem is that until now May has only been acting tactically, and very short-term tactically at that, and being a complete political coward. She needs to start thing strategically, and to develop a backbone.

“Exact same benefits”.  Do you see that there?

What happened to the second referendum?

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

The final step to acceptance is the most difficult.

And will see the most grotesque wriggling and abuse😀

4 hours ago, Herman said:

Maybe I've been radicalised but all I can see is malevolence coming from the arch-capitalists like Rees-Mogg, who are using any trick they can to push us further to no deal. They tend to gain a hell of lot from the country falling off a cliff, and their own personal greed far outweighs their love of country. Plus they are getting the "big bully EU" narrative going, which people like Jools are falling for, so they can get away from taking any blame.

Hopefully I am simply indulging in conspiracies, but I trust some of the ERG as far as I can throw them.

Interesting thread that highlights my fears. Corruption??

1 hour ago, Van wink said:

“Exact same benefits”.  Do you see that there?

What happened to the second referendum?

The 'exact same benefits' line  (stolen from the Tories if I remember right) was never a serious idea, since it would either have meant the EU caving in on freedom of movement or Labour in effect overturning the ref. result.

And anything less that the same benefits would then fall into the realm of being impossible to define and so either fudgeable or droppable. The latter, it turns out.

So in terms of definable hard and fast  Labour demands the  one that matters was always that on the customs' union, and there that still is. 

23 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

The 'exact same benefits' line  (stolen from the Tories if I remember right) was never a serious idea, since it would either have meant the EU caving in on freedom of movement or Labour in effect overturning the ref. result.

And anything less that the same benefits would then fall into the realm of being impossible to define and so either fudgeable or droppable. The latter, it turns out.

So in terms of definable hard and fast  Labour demands the  one that matters was always that on the customs' union, and there that still is. 

Indeed, “ the exact same benefits” trotted out month after month to disguise the lack of any serious policy on Brexit by Labour has been less than helpful, Labour have been fudging in the same way as the Tories, but like them now have to start upsetting large parts of their support.

23 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

On 29/01/2019 at 22:23, Rock The Boat said:

Sorry to disappoint you, pal (no, I'm not sorry at all) , but the Spelman amendment is not binding. No-deal is very much on the table. And as other rubbish got swept away and more days will be wasted in attempting to re-negotiate the un-re-negotiable it all means a further step towards leaving on March 29th with no-deal.

Not claiming no-deal will happen but a lot of the opposition fell by the wayside tonight.

I know we are not supposed to laugh too much at brexiteers, but hand crank does seem to make it difficult not to,

Here he is not grasping what a series of Parliamentary votes were about, as he seems to think that the amendment put forward by Yvette Cooper MP (among others) has 'fell away' and so will not be back we have to presume.

Mind you, this was the poor hand crank who thought the amendments to, and the voting on, Mays motion to the House was actually a vote on the Withdrawal Bill. And in keeping with that ignorance spoke of a motion put the the Labour Party conference as if it had a binding effect on Parliamentary activity. Though being as it was a 'composite' motion perhaps in his confusion it meant it did.

But that is par for the ignorance of such matters by brexiteers. Poor old Ricardo even had that law was made by the government, not Parliament. The latter's name of the legislative might just have been a clue one might have thought.

And sadly the not too bright Swindon Canary has departed these shores. Fearful, i suspect, that his carefully hoarded list of quotes by me now look to be proven correct.

Otherwise that naughty Teresa May is still dragging things out so as to ensure it becomes a case of No deal, or No brexit. Now I wonder why she might be doing that  ?

image.thumb.png.afb4004b868f9e25a45f14e607ea6f65.png

1 hour ago, Bill said:

I know we are not supposed to laugh too much at brexiteers, but hand crank does seem to make it difficult not to,

Here he is not grasping what a series of Parliamentary votes were about, as he seems to think that the amendment put forward by Yvette Cooper MP (among others) has 'fell away' and so will not be back we have to presume.

Mind you, this was the poor hand crank who thought the amendments to, and the voting on, Mays motion to the House was actually a vote on the Withdrawal Bill. And in keeping with that ignorance spoke of a motion put the the Labour Party conference as if it had a binding effect on Parliamentary activity. Though being as it was a 'composite' motion perhaps in his confusion it meant it did.

But that is par for the ignorance of such matters by brexiteers. Poor old Ricardo even had that law was made by the government, not Parliament. The latter's name of the legislative might just have been a clue one might have thought.

And sadly the not too bright Swindon Canary has departed these shores. Fearful, i suspect, that his carefully hoarded list of quotes by me now look to be proven correct.

Otherwise that naughty Teresa May is still dragging things out so as to ensure it becomes a case of No deal, or No brexit. Now I wonder why she might be doing that  ?

image.thumb.png.afb4004b868f9e25a45f14e607ea6f65.png

Nice pic. Like we always said, we were lead by a Remainer, perhaps a soft one, but a Remainer just the same. Which goes a long way to explaining the course of the last two years.

But it does seem Ms. May intends to kick this particular can all the way down the road to March 29th. So it's her deal or no deal. Not your old guff at all. Which explains why you've been so quiet for a while.

24 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Nice pic. Like we always said, we were lead by a Remainer, perhaps a soft one, but a Remainer just the same. Which goes a long way to explaining the course of the last two years.

But it does seem Ms. May intends to kick this particular can all the way down the road to March 29th. So it's her deal or no deal. Not your old guff at all. Which explains why you've been so quiet for a while.

He has been quiet, no more boasting about his vision for the outcome, merely rude and abusive posts adding nothing to the debate.

The real problem he has is that dispite all the arm waving and shouting, there is no political leadership driving a remain agenda, his prediction is doomed to fail.

Edited by Van wink

The only two outcomes here are the soft Brexit i have predicted or the hard Brexit favoured by RTB and Joules.

De Turd way as predicted by Billy BS is just that...BS.

Vague witterings are not predictions. Maybe explain what you've always meant by soft Brexit or we'll just think you are fitting results to suit your argument..

"i always knew I'd have to sell a kidney" Winky 2019. 

Edited by Herman

6 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

49 days until no deal.

I'm getting to the stage where I think it will be the least some people deserve. Crash!! Serves them right. 

43 minutes ago, Herman said:

I'm getting to the stage where I think it will be the least some people deserve. Crash!! Serves them right. 

Very public-spirited of you Herman.