Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Fuzzar

OT - EU straw poll...

2 hours ago, Bill said:

And what is their intent ?

To fight for improved wages, better conditions - ensure that companies pay their agreed share of tax ?

Do you really think those shown are wanting brexit so as to improve environmental protection, more than what EU levels are now ? Drop poisonous gases to a lower level ? Increase animal welfare.

How have so many been fooled that they cannot see who is behind this and what the are really all about.

The only saving grace is, as shown by the report and the lack of the no confidence letters, these nutters are finding less support by the day. Voters are perhaps finally asking the questions they should have been asking before the referendum. As with -

" For the first time that I have heard on the Today programme, a headbanger, Peter Lilley in this case, was balanced with a fact checker. It didn't go too well for Lilley. "

The lies, deceit and misrepresentation is being found out. They are not 'on your side', they never have been. You only have to look at Lilley's record in the 80/90's to see what he thinks of the type of folk who voted Leave.

The tide has turned, and is now running against these 'nutters'.

Climate change sceptics and Brexiters are all closely linked. If anybody thinks Brexit is for the benefit of the working man the need their head looking at. The working class dissaffection with the country was used against them and will highly likely suffer the most from Brexit, as is already being found out sadly.

Here's an interesting link from 2016.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-referendum-eurosceptics-climate-change-sceptics-55-tufton-street-westminster-a6866021.html

Matthew Elliots name crops up a lot amongst these "different" entities. Here is a long read on all the players involved.

https://www.desmog.co.uk/2018/11/18/matthew-sarah-elliott-uk-power-couple-linking-us-libertarians-and-fossil-fuel-lobbyists-brexit

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, wooster said:

Yes I am but then so is trying to link exotic members of the brexiteer camp with climate change sceptics.

You could read the links and see what you think. The one about the Elliotts is interesting. 

On the BBC's lunchtime politics programme today the Labour spokeswoman said that the Global Britain/ERG personnel lacked diversity and if that was a Labour presentation they would have made sure that women and people of colour were represented.

I thought that spoke volumes ......

I think Brexiters turning a blind eye to extremely wealthy men, backed by opaque lobby groups, while they damage their own country, speaks far louder. But that could just be me. 

But, but Jeremy Corbyn's brother.... ffs. 

1 hour ago, Herman said:

I think Brexiters turning a blind eye to extremely wealthy men, backed by opaque lobby groups, while they damage their own country, speaks far louder. But that could just be me. 

But, but Jeremy Corbyn's brother.... ffs. 

It's getting a bit chilly Herman. The Article ice is at its highest extent for a decade on this date. Already started snowing and it's only November🙄⛄

New Woolly hat and gloves for Xmas

😀🎅

8 hours ago, wooster said:

On the BBC's lunchtime politics programme today the Labour spokeswoman said that the Global Britain/ERG personnel lacked diversity and if that was a Labour presentation they would have made sure that women and people of colour were represented.

I thought that spoke volumes ......

I agree - it shows not only how narrow the membership of the ERG is which is why they have so badly misjudged issues of being "global." of course if they had any understanding of the sensibilities of the modern world, they would have presented the issue in a more diversified manner.

The ERG presentation made them look remarkably like middle aged throwbacks with little understanding of how to present in the modern world - which imo is not far off the mark. They looked less like a dynamic forward-looking team that would be needed to make Brexit a success, but instead a group of reactionary middle-aged and old men, dreaming of past glories.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Badger said:

I agree - it shows not only how narrow the membership of the ERG is which is why they have so badly misjudged issues of being "global." of course if they had any understanding of the sensibilities of the modern world, they would have presented the issue in a more diversified manner.

The ERG presentation made them look remarkably like middle aged throwbacks with little understanding of how to present in the modern world - which imo is not far off the mark. They looked less like a dynamic forward-looking team that would be needed to make Brexit a success, but instead a group of reactionary middle-aged and old men, dreaming of past glories.

Couldn't agree more, JRM's labelling as MP for the 18th century is made more amusing precisely because it also has a ring of truth to it.

From this morning

" Parliament will stop the UK crashing out of the EU without any Brexit deal, even if MPs block Theresa May’s deal, Amber Rudd has said, suggesting the prime minister’s threat of no Brexit was more likely than no deal. "

" Senior Tories have opened the door to a new Brexit referendum as the prospect of the majority of MPs backing the prime minister's deal fades. "

I wonder if there are any who still don't see the way this is going

What I can tell you, on the same level of 'clairvoyance, is that we play Swansea on Saturday where a win will keep us top.

I also predict that if we win our FA cup game (3rd round) we will progress to the 4th Round and as it stands the season is looking to end in May.

Of course this may all seem like 'witch craft' to some - just as much we take for granted now would have appeared to our forebears.

52 minutes ago, Bill said:

What I can tell you, on the same level of 'clairvoyance, is that we play Swansea on Saturday where a win will keep us top.

I also predict that if we win our FA cup game (3rd round) we will progress to the 4th Round and as it stands the season is looking to end in May.

Of course this may all seem like 'witch craft' to some - just as much we take for granted now would have appeared to our forebears.

Well, Billock, I mentioned as early as page 130 (possibly earlier) that May would be elected PM rather than my preferred choice of a Brexiteer and that as a consequence a stitch-up would ensue.

https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/topic/120675-ot-eu-straw-poll/&page=130

I suppose that renders me Soothsayer Champion of the Thread.

When did you come into this thread exactly?

Very late on if I recall correctly.

On 02/07/2016 at 01:13, Jools said:

Both sides were as bad as eachother and neither convinced me Jools. I guess we will find what''s what when democracy is finally implemented...

Hope you don''t think I called you a racist too...

like others on here I want Brexiteer Andrea Leadsom, but only Tory

MP''s/membership can vote, in which case the full weight and resources of

all the corruption they

can muster will be brought to bear in order the ensure the ''right''

candidate is elected and that will be the awful Theresa May who will

possibly stall on invoking Article 50 indefinitely [:@]This will be the stitch up job I was talking about earlier in the thread.In

the event of my being right about this, UKIP will gain massively -

they''ve already garnered hundreds of thousands of Labour voters.

As a Leave voter I''m very concerned about the Tory leadership, nigel -

See above.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Jools said:

Well, Billock, I mentioned as early as page 130 (possibly earlier) that May would be elected PM rather than my preferred choice of a Brexiteer and that as a consequence a stitch-up would ensue.

https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/topic/120675-ot-eu-straw-poll/&page=130

I suppose that renders me Soothsayer Champion of the Thread.

When did you come into this thread exactly?

Very late on if I recall correctly.

Very late on I'm afraid

Nov 2016 (page 230, or so) where I stated that Brexit would not happen.

Not any clairvoyancey (Herman's thoughts) but the simple thought that as it was such an incredibly stupid idea it would not happen. The incredible stupidity of it has long been since been shown, so the only question was how it was to be avoided with the least 'disruption'.

Looking at that, it was not hard to work out that the most effective way would be to allow it to drag on so the head of steam behind it dissipated and voters became more aware of it's fully horrors.

Not that difficult a deduction, or prediction as you would have it.

3 hours ago, ricardo said:

It's getting a bit chilly Herman. The Article ice is at its highest extent for a decade on this date. Already started snowing and it's only November🙄⛄

New Woolly hat and gloves for Xmas

😀🎅

Not true:

From the  National Snow and Ice Data Center

Unusual warmth continues

"Over the Pacific side of the Arctic, a pattern of unusual warmth noted in last month’s post continued. While sea ice extent in the Chukchi and Beaufort Seas remains below average, extent remains especially low on the Atlantic side of the Arctic in the Barents and Laptev Seas. October sea ice extent in the Arctic was the third lowest in the satellite record."

http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/aug/21/arctics-strongest-sea-ice-breaks-up-for-first-time-on-record

13 hours ago, Herman said:

You could read the links and see what you think. The one about the Elliotts is interesting. 

No, it isn't interesting in the slightest -- it's Lefty claptrap.

Climate change is very real. Always has been. Man-made sources of carbon dioxide makes stuff green.

Earth has witnessed five ice ages that we know of and Romans harvested grapes on Beeston Bump.

Shut up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, MooreMarriot said:

Not true:

From the  National Snow and Ice Data Center

Unusual warmth continues

"Over the Pacific side of the Arctic, a pattern of unusual warmth noted in last month’s post continued. While sea ice extent in the Chukchi and Beaufort Seas remains below average, extent remains especially low on the Atlantic side of the Arctic in the Barents and Laptev Seas. October sea ice extent in the Arctic was the third lowest in the satellite record."

http://nsidc.org/arcticseaicenews/

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/aug/21/arctics-strongest-sea-ice-breaks-up-for-first-time-on-record

Best you turn your heating down and don't use the kettle so much then.

3 minutes ago, Jools said:

No, it isn't interesting in the slightest -- it's Lefty claptrap.

right wing nutjobs v scientists

those in the pay of oil and coal companies or scientists around the world (who we have to presume are all 'lefties'')

https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

Scientific evidence for warming of the climate system is unequivocal.

• Thanks 1

"The Queen should ask Jeremy Corbyn to form a government if MPs vote down Theresa May’s Brexit deal, John McDonnell has said.

The shadow chancellor claimed that, according the UK constitution, Labour must be offered the chance to govern if Ms May is no longer able to command a majority in the Commons.

Until now, Labour’s policy has been that a general election should be triggered if the government’s proposed withdrawal agreement is rejected by Parliament, but Mr McDonnell admitted this would be “difficult” to bring about."

A bit presumptuous ....... or maybe trying to herd wavering Tories to back the deal....or Labour gets it

The key to number 10, that is

11 minutes ago, Bill said:

those in the pay of oil and coal companies or scientists around the world (who we have to presume are all 'lefties'')

Nobody is denying climate change. It is a naturally occurring phenomenon. It hasn't been proved to what extent man-made activity affects climate change. The most abundant greenhouse gas is water vapour, which recycles as precipitation and cools the earth as it does so.

Edited by Rock The Boat
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jools said:

I wonder how many hypocritical greenies travel there each year on carbon spewing planes?

I thought you claimed global warming was not man made ?

8 minutes ago, Bill said:

I didn't say climate change wasn't real, but what are NASA, you or I going to do about it? Push the Sun further away from Earth?

In the meantime let's reopen the coal mines and get fracking 👍

We need some real jobs for the snowflakes.

6 minutes ago, Bill said:

I thought you claimed global warming was not man made ?

I did, but Lefties do - rendering them hypocrites. In fact, I'm off to Lapland as soon as it snows.

In a big, f*ck off jet no less.

Edited by Jools

17 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

Nobody is denying climate change. It is a naturally occurring phenomenon. It hasn't been proved to what extent man-made activity affects climate change. Th most abundant greenhouse gas is water vapour, which recycles as precipitation and cools the earth as it does so.

Whereas other nutjobs claim none of it is man made