Can anyone provide step by step instructions to upload my profile photo?  It was there before this brave new world but now it's gone.

When providing instructions please assume you are speaking to a small child who is not particularly bright.

11 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Can anyone provide step by step instructions to upload my profile photo?  It was there before this brave new world but now it's gone.

When providing instructions please assume you are speaking to a small child who is not particularly bright.

Click on your name top right which will bring down the drop down menu

Click on Profile

Bottom left of the blue D that you now have as a profile pick should be a small box which opens up "Profile Picture"

Three options to load your picture, I dragged mine from my pc desktop into the "drag and drop here" section

Edited by Molly Windley

Ah, I dont get the option to select a file. The button to choose a photo doesnt fire the native file explorer. Almost as if theres no input with type file?

Galaxy s8 edge chrome browser..

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Ah, I dont get the option to select a file. The button to choose a photo doesnt fire the native file explorer. Almost as if theres no input with type file?

Galaxy s8 edge chrome browser..

Different phone, same problem. 

55 minutes ago, Alchemist said:

Different phone, same problem. 

Trying to put the avatar up on Chrome doesn't work , but you can do it on Firefox or IE

I just did it with drag and drop on Chrome. Cover picture too. But the other option didn't work.

Edited by nutty nigel

31 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I just did it with drag and drop on Chrome. Cover picture too. But the other option didn't work.

Just tried to put cover picture up on my Chrome Nutty, It doesn't let me drag & drop or upload a picture ( just like when I tried to do my avatar), will revert to firefox and do it tomorrow

Uploading an avatar on desktop Chome worked for me, I just pointed the file open dialog to where I'd saved the picture.

1 hour ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

When I try to put the avatar back there's no photo ( first option ) but it say's " Import URL " and a blank box opens ( second option ). What does that mean ?

Smithy, there's 3 options

• option 1 -  Upload photo - if you click that you then go to choose single file click that & choose a picture from your pictures
  • option 2 -  Import from url - that brings up a block box for you to insert url of the photo you want  to use
  • option 3 - no photo

Does that help ?

14 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Thanks Diane. I see what you mean but i don't know where the photo I had on there has gone and if I found it I wouldn't know how to transfer it across. I'd best wait until someone in the family who knows what they're doing comes along.

Edited by ......and Smith must score.