Sign in to follow this  
Trumpton Riots

Best Forum For Norwich City Supporters? I Don't Think! What About www.wrathofthebarclay.co.uk?

[quote user="Trumpton Riots"]This seems on first inspection to be turgid in the extreme! [/quote]

If you like a forum host who spouts front page garbage as if its the

opinion of its 15 year old sniping members then its great. Looking at

the isp adresses there are about 20 members with 20 identities each

Pathetic

Firstly Trumpton, I think you will find posting on message boards is not a compulsory activity, so you are, like all of us, free to do so on whatever board you wish. 

I am quite happy with this board, and also post on WOTB as well, both sites have their own particular pros and cons, but really if you don''t like this one, then no one is making you stay.  It''s your choice.

I would be interested for you to suggest the source of your title claim though, what is best is, after all, only an individual''s opinion.

[quote user="Spilt Diesel"][quote user="Trumpton Riots"]This seems on first inspection to be turgid in the extreme! [/quote]

Looking at the isp adresses there are about 20 members with 20 identities each

Pathetic
[/quote]

What''s an ISP address?

mmmm computer literacy at its best

I post regularly on WOTB and have done so for a number of years.

I have one identity and am many, many Autumns away from being "15 years old"!

As with ALL sites, without exception, it has its bad element. My ISP used to be AOL, my God, you should have seen the Chatrooms on there, the posters, the attitudes, the beliefs-truly terrifying.

A lot of WOTB members have, and do make, valid comments about the club, and, like it or not, football breeds opinion, one thing that is notable at the moment is that those who are in, for example, the pro-Worthington count are belittling and insulting and generally patronising those who are questioning the current management at the club, automatically assuming they are all  very young (wrong-and in any case, does being young disqualify you from having an opinion, I don''t think so), stupid (wrong) and in a sizable minority (questionable). It would be great for the messageboards to have sensible debate about all things NCFC but it isn''t going to happen as each side is so prejudiced against the other.

Trumpton Riots is a regular poster under many guises and he/she is amusing but not someone to take terribly seriously, especially as he/she has advocated Barry Fry to be Norwich manager for many years now!

WOTB is a community, it is not representative about Norwich, or Norwich supporters, but that community at large, good or bad. People are getting het up about the "Editorials" that appear on it, would the reaction be the same if the Editorials were strongly pro-Nigel Worthington-or would it be acceptable if that was the case? There is nothing to stop those with differing opinions from starting up their own websites and expressing their opinion that way!

Again, its OPINION!

We all have them & its pointless to dismiss people if they didn''t or don''t follow our own. Maybe we should all just lighten up a bit? 

Mmmmm, pedantry at its best. Or were you just trying to deflect attention away from the actual point of the post, by referring to incorrect spellings?

I suspect that others have had the same experience as I. I began by

posting on the WOTB and received abuse from others who clearly had not

fully read what I thought were postings attempting to present both

sides of an issue fairly. I increasingly switched to this forum where

we may differ, and one or two may go over the top, but abuse seems to

be generally lacking.

I still read the WOTB selectively, ignoring the non-NCFC  threads

and those that clearly personal attacks. This is because that board is

often quicker with news about transfers, match comments, player

ratings, etc., but I have posted there only once or twice in many

months where I felt a factual correction was needed.

I have to say that until this fourm was re-jigged recently, WOTB was

much faster to log on and navigate, and is seldom "down", but some of

the comments are puerile.

Messageboards are like Pubs.. you visit the one you feel comfortable with, where your friends etc all meet.. not one of the many should be given the title BEST.. they are all different and suited to those who use them.

[quote user="JohnTX"]Not pedantry, I think the author spelt that term

correctly but has no idea what he is talking about ![/quote]

As I''m sure you know, an IP address is associated with a specific ISP

anyway, so it''s not as if the two terms aren''t connected. Anyway, I

think we all knew what the original poster was getting at, and his

point may still be valid even if he did mention the wrong acronym!