Sign in to follow this  
0ridgemanddMMyyyy0Falseen-USTrue

Does Zimmerman miss next game.

Do cup games count? Assuming they do, Klose and Godfrey then ... I can live with that combination.

Pretty sure they changed the rules so they dony count. Stop teams cheating the system by getting nonsense yellows so their players were suspended for the cup instead of the league.

Just checked - I was right. Rules have changed so Carabao cup yellows only count in Carabao cup. They don''t get added to league yellows, so Zimm is fine for Sat.

Bit worrying as he''s got to try & avoid any more till Chrissy, a difficult task I would think.

What''s happened to Tettey? He rarely used to go 2 games without a booking. I wonder if he''s having to make fewer desperate last ditch tackles these days?

Felt Godfrey was the better of the two centre backs last night. Did all the dirty work well, good positioning and so much more comfortable on the ball than Zimmermann - he’ll always give a few heart in mouth moments with loose touches.

With Thompson now out for 3 months guess there is a greater chance we will see Godfrey deployed in midfield. He really needs some game time to develop as the potential is clear to see.

Funny you say that Bethnal, as I remember Godfrey giving the ball away dangerously a couple of times last night. I thought Zimmerman was quite good on the ball and turned/ran with the ball on several ocassions and looked pretty comfortable.

However, I do agree that Godfrey looks full of potential.

I was impressed with Godfrey but there were a couple of moments when he gave the ball away, it''s inevitable with youngsters.

Any news on when Hanley will be back ? Inevitable that Zimm will get another yellow before Christmas I''d say !

Tettey IMO is improving his reading of the game as he gets older, so that he is picking up fewer yellow cards this season.

I thought Zimmerman played with confidence being the senior partner and loved the way he brought the ball out so many times. Klose normally takes that role but Christoph adapted well I thought.

Godfrey did well but as others have said he did give the ball away twice in our last third. But he is under orders to pass it out so lets give him credit for trying that.

[quote user="Ian"]Funny you say that Bethnal, as I remember Godfrey giving the ball away dangerously a couple of times last night. I thought Zimmerman was quite good on the ball and turned/ran with the ball on several ocassions and looked pretty comfortable.

However, I do agree that Godfrey looks full of potential.[/quote]
I agree with this. Godfrey looks good, he made one particularly amazing run last night, down the left I think, out of defence but then gave the ball away when he was stranded up the pitch! He did well to track back, however. I''m just not sure he''s the finished article yet. I''d also like to see him playing DM.
I think Zimbo is such a find! I remember being concerned about his lack of pace last season, in his first few games. But he grew, learned and, this season, looks an assured partner to Klose. He even tried to repeat Klose''s trick of playing a forward clean through. He turned well with the ball out of our box, strode forward and pinged a delightful ball over the top to Srbeny who was marginally offside. For someone playing so far down in the German leagues only a couple of seasons back (as many like to remind us) I think he''s done brilliantly. He''s basically a machine who eats football!

[quote user="BobLoz3"]
[quote user="Ian"]Funny you say that Bethnal, as I remember Godfrey giving the ball away dangerously a couple of times last night. I thought Zimmerman was quite good on the ball and turned/ran with the ball on several ocassions and looked pretty comfortable.

However, I do agree that Godfrey looks full of potential.[/quote]
I agree with this. Godfrey looks good, he made one particularly amazing run last night, down the left I think, out of defence but then gave the ball away when he was stranded up the pitch! He did well to track back, however. I''m just not sure he''s the finished article yet. I''d also like to see him playing DM.
I think Zimbo is such a find! I remember being concerned about his lack of pace last season, in his first few games. But he grew, learned and, this season, looks an assured partner to Klose. He even tried to repeat Klose''s trick of playing a forward clean through. He turned well with the ball out of our box, strode forward and pinged a delightful ball over the top to Srbeny who was marginally offside. For someone playing so far down in the German leagues only a couple of seasons back (as many like to remind us) I think he''s done brilliantly. He''s basically a machine who eats football!
[/quote]

Against Brentford there was one point where Zimm was shepherding the ball out for a goal kick right in front of me, the Brentford no 11 was looking to get round him but it was like he had a wall in front of him and he just gave up. & I agree going forward Zimm''s looking much more composed with the ball too.

[quote user="Kick It Off"]Just checked - I was right. Rules have changed so Carabao cup yellows only count in Carabao cup. They don''t get added to league yellows, so Zimm is fine for Sat.[/quote]

Banned

Yes, seems to have been confirmed that he misses the next game. It did occur to me that it seems a little unfair for Cup cards to count - you''re penalised for your side progressing, we''ve played 3 games more than many.

[quote user="Herman"]The article has been pulled so hopefully he isn''t banned. [/quote]
I pointed that out on the Archant article on Pinkun homepage so hoping someone''s gone to do an actual bit of research.

I checked David Freezer''s twitter feed and he got his info from the FA disciplinary website, which has Christoph as banned. Unfortunately it doesn''t tally with the FA''s rules website, as has been mentioned, hence the confusion.

I don''t think so, KIO is correct. Freezer is going to double check but the rules point to his card being competiton specific.
[url]http://www.thefa.com/news/2018/jul/31/red-yellow-cards-technical-area-2018-19[/url]
There''s an N.B at the very end.

[quote user="Herman"]
I don''t think so, KIO is correct. Freezer is going to double check but the rules point to his card being competiton specific.
[url]http://www.thefa.com/news/2018/jul/31/red-yellow-cards-technical-area-2018-19[/url]
There''s an N.B at the very end.
[/quote]

So if we had got through he would be banned for the Chelsea game, but is ok for Sat ?

I don’t but the FA statement about the rule changes seems clear, yellows are competition specific so two yellows in the league cup means suspension for the next round match (not sure if carries over to next season?) but they don’t count towards the league tally.

the fa.com website still says he''s suspended, but I assume the club have let them know it''s a mistake. I imagine it''ll all get cleared up today.

An Arsenal supporting friend tells me Guendouzi is banned for this weekend''s league game with Liverpool following his sending off in the league cup last night. Which suggests Zimmermann will be suspended too.

Now confirmed on the main pinkun site he can play !

Good news as he''s in excellent form IMO.

Also the FA website has guidance for players which is very clear for 18/19 that the 5 yellows for a suspension is only for league games and excludes cup yellows, so definitely the correct outcome.