Sign in to follow this  
pinkun_admin

Forum Feedback

The reputation system enables users to earn reputation points when other users react to their content. Reactions award reputation points to the author of the content. Each reaction can increase or decrease the author's reputation points total (or leave it unchanged).

This can be turned off if people are that bothered by it.

41 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

On 03/11/2018 at 18:21, Canary Wundaboy said:

Pete - How does the leaderboard work at the top of the page  please ?

Edited by Diane

Pete - Why when I click ''reply to topic'' does it quote previous posters, like it just did, I've edited out their comments as they weren't relevant, but I didn't click quote anyway ?

The leaderboard collates each day's top three posters (based on their received reputation), as well as top content based on the number of positive reactions.

6 minutes ago, Pete Raven said:

Probably saved from a post where you did quote them but cancelled it. What device/browser are you using?

No worries it's the first time it's happened, Im using Chrome , thanks for info re Leaderboard

1 hour ago, Pete Raven said:

The reputation system enables users to earn reputation points when other users react to their content. Reactions award reputation points to the author of the content. Each reaction can increase or decrease the author's reputation points total (or leave it unchanged).

Not bothered by it Pete but just wondered what it was all about. Must say though that with regard to the leaderboard surely only one person is going to be constantly at the top of that which likewise means it will receive the most reactions to receive reputation points ?

22 hours ago, Pete Raven said:

Probably saved from a post where you did quote them but cancelled it. What device/browser are you using?

The same thing happens to me Pete. I'm on a laptop with windows 10.

How can I get back to an empty box if I've changed my mind about the quote?

On 02/11/2018 at 22:24, Diane said:

You lucky I've got 3 lots of google ad choices ads on every page between the posts, have tried blocking ads/pop ups in privacy settings but doesn't help me on chrome

I also have multiple ads, so many its driving me mad, i am using firefox

EDIT  i had ad blocker disabled for some reason so thats sorted

and how do i get my avatar back.

otherwise board is great and all the users with multiple AE are gone, hopefully

Edited by city4eva

5 hours ago, city4eva said:

I also have multiple ads, so many its driving me mad, i am using firefox

EDIT  i had ad blocker disabled for some reason so thats sorted

and how do i get my avatar back.

otherwise board is great and all the users with multiple AE are gone, hopefully

To stick an avatar on you need to click on your name top right, then click profile, then look on the top left and click the little photo box which will then enable you to download one of your pictures for your avatar. The old avatars were lost when the forum was upgraded

On 06/11/2018 at 13:59, Pete Raven said:

Either I have misunderstood or there is a little bug here. The reputation points figure is simply a total of the number of positive reactions and does not decrease when a negative reaction is given. Bit misleading  for some of our "marmite" contributors.   

4 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

Either I have misunderstood or there is a little bug here. The reputation points figure is simply a total of the number of positive reactions and does not decrease when a negative reaction is given. Bit misleading  for some of our "marmite" contributors.   

We currently have three postive reactions and two neutral reactions.

Negative reactions can be added if you like but feedback suggested that people should only be able to like a post, not dislike them.

3 hours ago, Diane said:

To stick an avatar on you need to click on your name top right, then click profile, then look on the top left and click the little photo box which will then enable you to download one of your pictures for your avatar. The old avatars were lost when the forum was upgraded

Thanks, still cant do it tho, got a large profile pic now but cant workout how to get in the avatar

10 minutes ago, city4eva said:

Thanks, still cant do it tho, got a large profile pic now but cant workout how to get in the avatar

Try the little grey box bottom-left of your Avatar in the Profile section

Capture.JPG.7c5227d1cfea6f6b2a425bb795e95652.JPG

I'm surprised that the old software was able to upload a photo that the new software cannot.

I can't upload the (faintly humorous) photo of my dog crashed out with her paw over a bottle of wine because it's too large.  That wasn't an issue previously.

14 hours ago, Pete Raven said:

Try the little grey box bottom-left of your Avatar in the Profile section

Capture.JPG.7c5227d1cfea6f6b2a425bb795e95652.JPG

tried that, it just appears a large pic across the top of my profile page, EDIT got one in now, thanks. guessing the file size was too big

Edited by city4eva

Site virtually unusable tonight as keep getting the-directed to sites telling me I’ve won gift vouchers for Argos and Primark ffs. 

Using Safari on iPhone - other websites are working fine, just this one giving me hassle

On 09/11/2018 at 21:32, Leedscanary said:

Site virtually unusable tonight as keep getting the-directed to sites telling me I’ve won gift vouchers for Argos and Primark ffs. 

Using Safari on iPhone - other websites are working fine, just this one giving me hassle

I had this (also with Iphone/safari) but fine now.

Pete, now you finished with trivialities such as helping posters sign in is it possible to deal with the vital matter of changing my roundel colour from the nasty pale mauve it is at the moment to the much nicer proper purple that the likes of Midlands Yellow and pete have, or is this set in stone?!

6 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Pete, now you finished with trivialities such as helping posters sign in is it possible to deal with the vital matter of changing my roundel colour from the nasty pale mauve it is at the moment to the much nicer proper purple that the likes of Midlands Yellow and pete have, or is this set in stone?!

Why dont u put an avatar up to solve the problem? 😀

1 hour ago, Diane said:

Why dont u put an avatar up to solve the problem? 😀

Purple - try right-clicking and saving the image below....

P_member_5301.png

Edited by 93vintage

2 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Why not try something like this Purps?.........

6431123911_e51b0d82ca_z.jpg

Diane, 93 and lapps, thanks for the replies. Imagine the least tech-savvy person🧐 you know and then double it! If I can decide on an avatar (I had seen that one lapps, and there is a nice silhouette purple bird, but theree may be a copyright problem there) I will get someone capable to download it, or whatever the term is...😋

Hi Pete.

I'm aware there's an ignore poster function on this site, but is there a facility to ignore a whole topic so that it doesn't appear on the list of my unread items? Or would ignoring the poster remove these topics from my view?

While I'm sure there are lots of people who are enjoying The Great Mass Debater's current offerings, I'm not one of them.

And I'm guessing there are plenty of people who would like the opportunity not to have to see the EU thread as well.

1 hour ago, Fuzzar said:

Hi Pete.

I'm aware there's an ignore poster function on this site, but is there a facility to ignore a whole topic so that it doesn't appear on the list of my unread items? Or would ignoring the poster remove these topics from my view?

While I'm sure there are lots of people who are enjoying The Great Mass Debater's current offerings, I'm not one of them.

And I'm guessing there are plenty of people who would like the opportunity not to have to see the EU thread as well.

Not to mention a lifetime ban for whoever started it...😀😡😎

• Haha 1