Sign in to follow this  
pinkun_admin

Forum Feedback

New forum is great Pete. Thanks for your efforts over the last few years!

How many "dual named posters" have disappeared, I wonder? :classic_ninja:

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Have yet to see City1st on here so does that mean everybody has ignored him ? ☺️

To be fair we don't know his username yet.

Liking the new layout, clean, fresh and pleasingly no adverts - at the moment, and enough Emojis to sink a battleship.

We just need a couple of bad results now to test meltdown resilience.

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Liking the new layout, clean, fresh and pleasingly no adverts - at the moment, and enough Emojis to sink a battleship.

We just need a couple of bad results now to test meltdown resilience.

You lucky I've got 3 lots of google ad choices ads on every page between the posts, have tried blocking ads/pop ups in privacy settings but doesn't help me on chrome

What are you using Diane? I'm on mobile using Chrome and don't think I've seen a single advert yet!

The new forum is great btw, but of course I can nick pick.

1)My first impression however is why is it not pink which I thought was a unique look before. Can we bring back pink text for the thread titles on the main board? Currently its a very disagreable Ipswich Blue. Generally I feel the look and feel of the main board colour wise is very toned down and a little bland as a result. On the main page the Blue and grey text kind of blends into the shading of the threads and I don't think it feels right. Maybe we can vote on some templates or have an editable look and feel? I would remove the bordering around the threads also. I am zooming out a little on my browser and it kind of looks like I have a 4:3 ratio on a widescreen tv.

2)Profile pics - Anyway to have avators displayed in a square box or have the image you upload autoshrinked to fit the whole box?

3)Anyway to stop the unread posts/thread from being highlighted? Its a notification I don't need to see and an option to turn it off would be nice

4)I can currently view 25 posts in a page. No idea what it was before but it feels like I am seeing less. Can we have an option to select number of post per page?

5)Someone has already lamented the lack of inclusion of the other non-football related board. When you view the main football discussion thread I see there is a lot of space underneath the text Main Discussion...Matches, Tactics...etc. Maybe we can have links to the boards in the forum like "other boards - [LINK/Non football]. Peronally I think to maybe boards on a forum is a bad thing, but we certaintly could have the non-football one and have it used more so a little effort to highlight it to everyone could be done.

6)Instead of banning someone, maybe admin could just have that person ignored by all members. We could call it Mass Ignorance 😀

7)I just posted and used the edit function to add this. When you had a new line using return its displays the gap between paragraphs/line with double spaced line. This uses up a lot of screen space where one line would do.

Edited by KiwiScot
bad spelling.
  • Like 1

Here's a bit of feedback:

Allow users to delete threads if no one had posted on them.

Textbook example: I just created a match thread at the exact same time as another poster. But I can't delete mine. Other forums allow this.

20 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

To be fair we don't know his username yet.

It's Bill

dear old Bill

and feel free to ignore, if only that it saves me fr0m having some woodentop skulking behind me

otherwise you do at your peril as the thread 'this one works' demonstrates

3 hours ago, KiwiScot said:

The new forum is great btw, but of course I can nick pick.

1)My first impression however is why is it not pink which I thought was a unique look before. Can we bring back pink text for the thread titles on the main board? Currently its a very disagreable Ipswich Blue. Generally I feel the look and feel of the main board colour wise is very toned down and a little bland as a result. On the main page the Blue and grey text kind of blends into the shading of the threads and I don't think it feels right. Maybe we can vote on some templates or have an editable look and feel? I would remove the bordering around the threads also. I am zooming out a little on my browser and it kind of looks like I have a 4:3 ratio on a widescreen tv.

2)Profile pics - Anyway to have avators displayed in a square box or have the image you upload autoshrinked to fit the whole box?

3)Anyway to stop the unread posts/thread from being highlighted? Its a notification I don't need to see and an option to turn it off would be nice

4)I can currently view 25 posts in a page. No idea what it was before but it feels like I am seeing less. Can we have an option to select number of post per page?

5)Someone has already lamented the lack of inclusion of the other non-football related board. When you view the main football discussion thread I see there is a lot of space underneath the text Main Discussion...Matches, Tactics...etc. Maybe we can have links to the boards in the forum like "other boards - [LINK/Non football]. Peronally I think to maybe boards on a forum is a bad thing, but we certaintly could have the non-football one and have it used more so a little effort to highlight it to everyone could be done.

6)Instead of banning someone, maybe admin could just have that person ignored by all members. We could call it Mass Ignorance 😀

7)I just posted and used the edit function to add this. When you had a new line using return its displays the gap between paragraphs/line with double spaced line. This uses up a lot of screen space where one line would do.

Testing the quote function and it seems all good!

Agree with all this - definitely needs to be pink - this was the only thing I liked about the old forum. If the away dressing room can be pink I dont see why our forum cant be

Overall huge improvement!

One bug I noticed, I'm on the mobile Android version and clicking the 'click to choose files' link doesn't do anything. Means I can't upload media saved on the phone. May be able to host them somewhere else then insert a URL of that instead... But a bit of a faff doing all that!

Edited by Norwich R Us

I'm having a bit of a problem with pop-up boxes on chrome.

I have adblock disabled for this site but the pop-up windows browse windows (e.e.g for Avatar upload or attaching a file to a post) don't appear.

• Like 1

Can we display the ‘date joined’ for each user rather than having to click into it? 

Helps me save time as I like to read genuine posters rather than trolls etc etc. And this could help me spot if someone has just signed up recently to waste time. 

Just a thought 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Are searches limited only to content posted after the new forum was launched?

Just tried a search for Farke in the search and ticked

This Forum

Any of the search term words

Content titles only

Only 2 results came up, both topics from after the switchover

Same search for Farke using advanced search options of -

Topics

Main Discussion Norwich City

Content titles only

All of my search term words

Last updated - any

Date created - any

Just the same 2 results came up

Edited by Molly Windley
added word "just"

Struggling to post attachments from my mobile on Chrome (Android). Click to choose files button just doesnt do anything.

Shame because i have a short vid of the 'we are top of the league' chants from end of yesterday's game which would have been nice to pop in to the match thread to let everyone share the revelry in real time.

Edited by kick it off

Cancelling a reply off the system after using a quote and deleting it before you post ?

Wrote a reply to someone using the quote function

Decided that I did not want the quote and reply directly to them, just generally comment on the thread

Could edit my text and even the text in the quote box but could not remove the quote box or "1 hour ago Joe Bloggs said"

Left the page without posting

Returned to page later and started typing in "reply" box

System remembers previous visit and automatically re inserts the quote

How do I remove the quote and just leave a reply if the system never forgets?

What device/browser Molly?

i just tested it on my iPhone in Safari and the backspace button cleared the quoted post easily enough. 

40 minutes ago, Pete Raven said:

What device/browser Molly?

i just tested it on my iPhone in Safari and the backspace button cleared the quoted post easily enough. 

Hi Pete, thank you for your reply, I`m using Firefox/Win 10 / laptop

After your success I have tried again and found the secret, which I will share.

Quote boxes when hovered over by the mouse have a pale blue outlined outer box with another pale blue outlined text box inside

I need to left click inside the outer box, but avoid clicking in the inner box.

Then hover the mouse pointer over any external line of the box to turn it dark blue (the inner box outline disappears)

Whilst it is still dark blue hit the Back Space key to delete

May be a simpler way, but that is now working for me.

Thanks

What's with the limit on reactions to posts? Surely you should be able to like unlimited posts. No other forum or comments section limits it and it seems to discourage interaction. Please change it.

Hello Pete,

Just to add the my previous post, I found the 'click to choose files' doesn't work on my laptop either. You click the link and nothing happens. However dragging a file onto it did work on my laptop (you can't drag files onto your post on mobile). 

Would be great if this was fixed as as 'kick it off' says above, it kind of kills the spontaneity of posting attachments while on the move / from the stadium!