Sign in to follow this  
pinkun_admin

Forum Feedback

The new forum is now live (yes we know, at last!) and we're keeping an eye on it to make the migration as smooth as possible. This topic is here for you to post your feedback, good and bad, so we can look at any issues that arise and fix any bugs that we may have missed during development.

So please let us know of any issues you've spotted and any feedback you have on the new software.

Thank you!

Slightly disappointed that the non-football section remains separate and it isn't just a filtered option in the main discussion bit. Personally would like to have a bit more general chat in the forum but this bit is a graveyard (as evidenced by 10 views of this thread and no replies).

Having said that really good job on getting everything transferred, it is a definite improvement albeit slightly garish a tone of pink on my phone...

I see the local football threads are still available on search, but cannot view any, can these forums not remain?

18 minutes ago, Hoola Han Solo said:

How do I ignore people? Asking for a friend.

Top--right - click on your name then select Ignored Users and add them by their user name.

24 minutes ago, Pete Raven said:

Top--right - click on your name then select Ignored Users and add them by their user name.

Or if you're on a computer rather than a mobile, if you hover your mouse over the users name a new box should popup, then click on the 'Ignore User' link:

image.png.db60a7606d3b51740d35516cd733447b.png

Not that you'd want to ignore Pete, of course...

Unlike the old board, new posts don't bring threads back to the top of the board, they remain where they were before posting.

This means whenever we have a poor run and the board goes into meltdown after each defeat, good threads will be rapidly pushed down the board and off the front page.

I'm thinking particularly of the Ray's Funds thread here but several threads with good informed and reasoned debates could go the same way.

It needs changing Pete.

• Sad 1

Looking good so far for me, just need to get used to the new features.

Should have asked for a "back to top" click box after the last post on each thread but did not think of it at the time.

A pin for Rays Funds threads would be good

Agree with Lapps, the settings need changing so the threads are in order of the last post,  as he said Ray's Funds was posted on only a short time ago but is still way down.

I love the new board, so much better to use and that's before we find all the new features

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Its Character Forming said:

It's great, but yes it does really need threads to go to the top when they have new posts.

12 minutes ago, Diane said:

Agree with Lapps, the settings need changing so the threads are in order of the last post,  as he said Ray's Funds was posted on only a short time ago but is still way down.

I love the new board, so much better to use and that's before we find all the new features

42 minutes ago, lappinitup said:

Unlike the old board, new posts don't bring threads back to the top of the board, they remain where they were before posting.

This means whenever we have a poor run and the board goes into meltdown after each defeat, good threads will be rapidly pushed down the board and off the front page.

I'm thinking particularly of the Ray's Funds thread here but several threads with good informed and reasoned debates could go the same way.

It needs changing Pete.

This is now being looked at. Looks like a divide between the posts from the old forum and the new one so will sort itself out over time but seeing if we can get a fix.

2 hours ago, Pete Raven said:

Good work Pete and team. I have an even simpler question. What does an Ignore button do? Does it mean that person's posts won't be visible to me?

It would be good if the weekly PUPS post could be pinned to the top, and also if nutty's annual explanation of how it all works could be similarly pinned.

Yep, that's exactly how it works - or how it's supposed to anyway...

I'll pin the PUPs post now but am conscious of the number of pinned posts as the explainers for the new forum need to stay at the top for a while until everyone is settled in.

3 minutes ago, Pete Raven said:

Yep, that's exactly how it works - or how it's supposed to anyway...

I'll pin the PUPs post now but am conscious of the number of pinned posts as the explainers for the new forum need to stay at the top for a while until everyone is settled in.

Thanks Pete.

As others have said I'd also be all for merging OT an the main forum. It works well on the forums of other clubs and now thet we're winning games it's not like the main forum will be particularly busy.

• Like 1

I like the current setup and would prefer it if non-football content was kept separate.  Though I don't object to the occasional OT thread.

Hi Pete

Sorry to have to say this, but in the migration the apostrophe has disappeared from my profile which is a bit painful... any chance it can be corrected to It's Character Forming ?

Only I have read "Eats, Shoots and Leaves" and everything...

16 minutes ago, Its Character Forming said:

Hi Pete

Sorry to have to say this, but in the migration the apostrophe has disappeared from my profile which is a bit painful... any chance it can be corrected to It's Character Forming ?

Only I have read "Eats, Shoots and Leaves" and everything...

Sorted.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Pete Raven said:

Have yet to see City1st on here so does that mean everybody has ignored him ? ☺️

• Like 1