Sign in to follow this  
0peteddMMyyyy0Falseen-USTrue

Worthy has signed a 5 year contract

According to EDP Fans View that Worthy apparently was given a 5 year contract for getting us to the Prem.

Doesn''t sound particularly prudent and you can understand Doomcasters reluctance to discuss the length and Delia''s reluctance to sack Worthy.  We could be in the Conference by the time Worthy''s contract expires.

Another 3 1/2 years of Worthy then, what sort of people have we got running the club, the best supporters in the world demand action.  Also apparently there are some unhappy Board members, so some have some sense.

It''s easy to point fingers of blame at the moment, and at the time no one was worried about how long he got. At the end of the day, what he had achieved here from the day he arrived to that day was well worth a five year contract in most peoples opinion. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I completely agree, Rossi 46 - if it isn''t one thing for some people to moan about at the moment, it is another - had Worthy been on rolling short term contracts that would have been wrong if/when a side came to poach him, so they put him on a longer one and then get slated when things aren''t going so well. 

The fact of the matter is that the club really can''t win with some at the moment whatever it does, these ''fans'' will jump on whatever they can to twist (aka spin) it whichever way sounds the most negative.

Five years though. That seems excessively long to me and as someone else said, rather imprudent.

I wonder how many other managers in the league are on 5-year contracts.

[quote user="ROSSI 46"]It''s easy to point fingers of blame at the moment, and at the time no one was worried about how long he got. At the end of the day, what he had achieved here from the day he arrived to that day was well worth a five year contract in most peoples opinion. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.[/quote]

I appreciate what you''re saying Rossi, but why do the large percentage of our ''limited'' playing staff, only get short term contracts? Is it because this ''forward looking club'' recognise a week is a long time in football?

I may be a cynic (well, actually I am!) but, nothing lasts forever. I thought a 3 year contract would have been quite sufficient for Nigel  after our promotion season to the Prem. This board are papering over the crevices at this moment in time, and the impression I get is, other than Chairman Mumbles, Delia (Brian Hamilton is an ACE manager) Smith, Micky Wynn and Neil "Yes, we will do that for you.......now what''s the question?" Doncaster.......there is rumblings of "Disscontent" among the other members of the Club''s "Elite", concerning the manager, and the current plight of this club.

Results are the lifespan of a football manager! Nigel''s record is very poor, managers have departed for less, and yes, he''s done his bit - but unfortunately even being ''chums'' and ''dinner associates'' with the major shareholders, shouldn''t allow the manager a stay of execution. I travelled to Luton, QPR & Millwall, and after those debacles I was so deflated, I thought: "Nah!" save your dosh for Crimbo........We are struggling, we are poor, we will not even make the play-offs! My thoughts, my opinion - and I cannot see anything positive even after 2-2 at Coventry. No sentiments in football, a change should be forthcoming.......I HOPE! 

KEEP THE FILTH and ON THE FALL CITY!  ;~(

From what I recall, Nigel''s contract was extended at a time when the Wednesday job was vacant and there were worries that he might be lured there. At the time I thought the board had done well securing his services for a prolonged period. Not so sure now

Frankly ...  this  IS  just a rumour  !   so why  post comments  as if  this " 5 year contract  "   had  any credibility  ? 

Didn''t Alan Pardew just sign a 5 year contract at West Ham for getting them promoted last season? And he was on the verge of the sack for most of last season?

Also Sam Allardyce signed a 5 year deal with Bolton (could be longer) for his sucess at Bolton.

Just playing devil advocates, and giving some examples of long term contracts being handed out to other managers who have been succesful - but both could be considered risky - although Allardyce''s contract has proven to be a wise move by Bolton.

[quote user="pete"]

According to EDP Fans View that Worthy apparently was given a 5 year contract for getting us to the Prem.

Doesn''t sound particularly prudent and you can understand Doomcasters reluctance to discuss the length and Delia''s reluctance to sack Worthy.  We could be in the Conference by the time Worthy''s contract expires.

Another 3 1/2 years of Worthy then, what sort of people have we got running the club, the best supporters in the world demand action.  Also apparently there are some unhappy Board members, so some have some sense.

[/quote]

Dont believe everything you read..

Frankly ...  this  IS  just a rumour  !   so why  post comments  as if  this " 5 year contract  "   had  any credibility  ? 

well done sheded! you were right!