Sign in to follow this  
silver fox

Another Worthy classic

If the statement is true in the pink''un that Safri is not guaranteed a starting place according to Worthy, then this has to be one of his classics.  Safri is streets ahead of any other squad member at the moment ,and to say he is not guaranteed a start is beyond belief.

Perhaps Worthy is going to drop him down to the reserves and bring in yet another midfielder.  There must be someone else he is lining up as ''just the type of player this club needs''.  If this player is lucky he will get a couple of games and then be loaned out to a rival team like we have just done with Jarrett.

I feel sorry for the likes of Rossi Jarvis who has played well when given the chance, but is then dropped once another midfielder arrives.  The way things are going Fleming has a better chance of starting in midfield before Jarvis.

Safri''s halo has slipped im afraid. Ever since limping out of a weekend match, only to reappear and thoroughly antagonise the same injury in Morocco a few days later was stupid in the extreme. After all, who pays the guys wages. His absence contributed t the pathetic run of form which has subsequently ruined our season, and turned it into a relegation struggle. Now he is ''tired''. Or is he just reasting before his next jaunt to Africa? Sorry, but this is just another indication of the level of committment to Norwich City shown by everyone at Carrow Road.

you blame commitment???  I blame the guy who brought the uncommitted player to the club when that is one of the foundations of his team?!?!?!?!?

In fact Safri has one facet worthy does not like his has some level of quality about him??  unlike andy ''booed by the reading fans'' hughes whom is a worthington style talentless clogger

No-one has a given right to be guaranteed a place, especially when they break down every game. You also have to look at the fact that Saf hasn''t signed a new contract, rumours everywhere on his pending departure and the arrival of Robinson who has duly licked posteria with his ''I only joined because of Worthy'' stuff in todays EDP.

i am fed up of trying to explain the Safri situation Charlies dad... he limped off in our match.. but HAD to play in Morocco because their medical team deemed him fit.. go searching around page 20-25 of the board to find my explanation of the fifa rules on the subject.

if you didnt see it i will explain it... when a player is called up for his country he cant just say "no, im not going, im injured" he has to travel to the training camp and be checked over by the countries medical team.. it doesnt matter if his league side deems him unfit, if they say he is fit to play a part in the game then he plays.....

Its in the rules regarding international call ups im afraid.. Saffers could of gone there with his leg hanging off and theyd of made him play if they thought he was alright.

jas :)

come on fox - you''re normally a rational poster but this is absolute

garbage. no player is a shoe in. Hux may have been when he started. Is

he now? even now people are saying saf isn''t either. no-one''s bigger

than the club or the team , you know that and we should all know how

quickly things can change given the season we''re having.

Even worthy was probably a shoe in as manager after our promotion season!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i am fed up of trying to explain the Safri situation Charlies dad... he limped off in our match.. but HAD to play in Morocco because their medical team deemed him fit.. go searching around page 20-25 of the board to find my explanation of the fifa rules on the subject.

if you didnt see it i will explain it... when a player is called up for his country he cant just say "no, im not going, im injured" he has to travel to the training camp and be checked over by the countries medical team.. it doesnt matter if his league side deems him unfit, if they say he is fit to play a part in the game then he plays.....

Its in the rules regarding international call ups im afraid.. Saffers could of gone there with his leg hanging off and theyd of made him play if they thought he was alright.

jas :)

[/quote]

Im sorry Jas that''s just plain wrong, it is last time a checked a free country / world (at least in footballing terms), Safri is not contractually obliged to turn out for Morocco, and they cant put a gun against his head to force him to turn up to a training camp, whilst we are powereless to stop him the decision to travel / play is always ultimately up to the player, and whilst i can understand him wanting to play in that game, if youre injured youre injured, and he should have considered who pays his wages and the longer term