Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Ronbol

Hi my friend, I not sure who you are either. sorry for getting your moniker wrong, I bow in part to your memory, I do recall the lady in question, and the game was Leicester I believe.

The good lady, I believe served after me, and I know my son was involved with the committee with her, as soon as he returns from Walsall, I''ll ask him, as to me, whilst not giving out my name on here, does the clue ''limp'' help you!.

As for any money left, thats a new one on me, but if memory serves me right, you would need all the signaturies to that bank account to draw it out, I believe there were 2 or 3 names on it. One I assume being the treasurer, maybe the lady also, so if you can trace them (I''m afraid my memory is a bit too hazey to be of any use here, although we did keep minutes, so the last chairmain might be a good place to start, or does Lowestoft Library have records of the old ECC?) I''m sure somthing could be sorted out, because thats a great idea of yours, and too good to throw away.l

Lets hope they read these boards, proberly like you, I know the old owner of the meeting venue, so I don''t know if he can shed any light ( I believe he now runs a night club in Gt Yarmouth) Light, being a clue to his name.

As for any help, of course I''d be willing to assist you where I can, but joining any reborn club, once bitten, twice shy I''m afraid.

Hello again

I know one of the signitures on the account but it would require another. I last saw one of the others at the play-off final !
I do not believe the others are regulars at carrow road at the moment.

I will make some enquires at the next home match as well as throw the idea past some of the older members of ecc. Of course to do this another or new club would have to be set-up with their own bank account and constitution for their new club. We don''t want to just give the money away if it can''t be put to good use. as said before we are not talking major amounts of cash. But it would give the new club a head start.

The new club could do with learning from our mistakes as well. we made a few and we will all probably put our hands up to that.

If they wanted some advice I would happily tell them where i think it went wrong for us.

Ronbol