Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Someone please answer these points

1)  Why is there no right midfield at our club?

2)  Why does worthy not pick McVeigh and when he has done - played him up front or on the right - when his best position is on the left and as usual he looked superb there against Coventry (let it be noted that Brennan was the first left midfield player to be brought on in the game)

3)  How come with one striker injured we look woefully short up front??

4)  Why does hucks not play up front - he played there in our promotion season - and up front for every other club he has played for??

5) how come there are 6 full backs at the club at the moment (in fact 4 players who can play right back if include fleming (in fact 5 if you include Andy hughes whom played there for much of last year for reading))

2 points in games home and away vs Coventry and Millwall

WORTHY OUT - now rather than later

Paul, i agree with your last sentence, but I feel that your points are slightly off target.

1) Andy Hughes played most of his football as a right winger at Reading, plus Marney on loan.

2) McVeigh has consistency issues, plus we have Hucks

3) We are not short up front (6ft plus) If u mean we look poor, then blame the service (Ashton has the 3rd highest shots in the league though

4) Huckerby played as a 3rd striker out on the left and other teams hadnt worked him out. To play him up front with another just gives us two left wingers and a lone striker. He doesn''t score enough and can only shoot with the inside of the right foot into the far corner (same as his penalties)

5) Hughes is not a full back, and MLJ injured (Also maybe Worthy was over optimistic with his signings at RB in the summer)

2 points against millwall and coventry - simply not good enough agreed.

Paul, i agree with your last sentence, but I feel that your points are slightly off target.

1) Andy Hughes played most of his football as a right winger at Reading, plus Marney on loan.

2) McVeigh has consistency issues, plus we have Hucks

3) We are not short up front (6ft plus) If u mean we look poor, then blame the service (Ashton has the 3rd highest shots in the league though

4) Huckerby played as a 3rd striker out on the left and other teams hadnt worked him out. To play him up front with another just gives us two left wingers and a lone striker. He doesn''t score enough and can only shoot with the inside of the right foot into the far corner (same as his penalties)

5) Hughes is not a full back, and MLJ injured (Also maybe Worthy was over optimistic with his signings at RB in the summer)

2 points against millwall and coventry - simply not good enough agreed.

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]

2)  Why does worthy not pick McVeigh and when he has done - played him up front or on the right - when his best position is on the left and as usual he looked superb there against Coventry (let it be noted that Brennan was the first left midfield player to be brought on in the game)

4)  Why does hucks not play up front - he played there in our promotion season - and up front for every other club he has played for??

5) how come there are 6 full backs at the club at the moment (in fact 4 players who can play right back if include fleming (in fact 5 if you include Andy hughes whom played there for much of last year for reading))

[/quote]

1. Worthy failed to sign adequate cover for Marney and overestimated the ability of Hughes or Hendo to fill the whole

2. Hucks has kept him out in his favoured position on left, Im a big fan but have to admit it seems to be 2 good games followed by 1 bad, I would play him in the hole behind Ashton.

3. Thorne, Mackenzie and Jarvis were all injured at the same time

4. Hucks played mostly on left in our promotion season, either in midfield or as 1 of 3 up front, he is simply not a good enough finisher to play up front as 1 of 2 main strikers, his record at previous clubs is nothing to write home about (having never managed 100 games for any club)

5 Charlton was signed as Centre back (both he and Brennan (signed as Left Midfielder) should be got rid of in summer, and replaced with a younger LB as cover), MLJ and Colin to me havent looked that good (believe we should get rid of 1 in summer) and sign Wright, basically Worthy has signed fulls back to play out of position due to his inability to sign anyone in correct position last season.

It seems to be a number of players out of position and a star player with no natural position. A good team is greater than the sum of it''s parts. I am not worried about who goes in January as long as they are replaced by individuals who will constitute a balanced team.

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]

2)  Why does worthy not pick McVeigh and when he has done -

played him up front or on the right - when his best position is on the

left and as usual he looked superb there against Coventry (let it be

noted that Brennan was the first left midfield player to be brought on

in the game)

4)  Why does hucks not play up front - he played there in our

promotion season - and up front for every other club he has played for??

5) how come there are 6 full backs at the club at the moment (in

fact 4 players who can play right back if include fleming (in fact 5 if

you include Andy hughes whom played there for much of last year for

reading))

[/quote]

1. like who? Have you ANY idea how many players names have been

considered at Carrow Road? Do you have the slightest idea how difficult

it is to persuade players to come to Norwich? Its just a fact that

there are no decent players around that are affordable and would come.

2. McVeigh?? Its like playing with 10 men every other game. He''s too

slow and far too lightweight. He''s got talent I wont dispute that, but

its not enough.

3. Service?

4. Hucks hates playing in a central role. Even when asked to do so he

STILL drifts left and leaves a vacancy sign in the penalty box. We lack

an attacking midfielder with the brains to get forward and fill the

void.... I refer you to point one......suggest one thats available and

affordable. Not so easy when you have to actually solve the problem.

Moaning about it is childs play - good fun though

5. Andy Hughes is a third division player. He can''t play anywhere as most Reading fans will tell you. Ask on Rivals.net

1)  Why is there no right midfield at our club? We do have right midfield, its just worthington doesnt use them, hendo, mcveigh, marney, hughes and even huckerby can play right field.

2)  Why does worthy not pick McVeigh - obviously there is some kind of dispute going here, we dont know why and he made such an impact when he HAD to be used, not out of choice, i dont understand why we have him at the club if we dont need him............ i personally would put him on the right flank

3)  How come with one striker injured we look woefully short up front? Because worthington failed to make up the numbers in the transfer window, and with a couple of injuries the side is in trouble, it prooves we have such a thin squad, worthy needs to strengthan the back-up, not sack players (ala edworthy mulryne)

4)  Why does hucks not play up front - he played there in our promotion season - and up front for every other club he has played for? Because he is more effective on the wing and doesnt link up well with ashton as a target man, i prefer him on a free role, makes him much more of a threat.

5) how come there are 6 full backs at the club at the moment - because worthington felt the defence needed strengthening, being a defender himself he probably pays more attention to the defence, he failed to strengthan our current lack of strikers when svensson  and crow left, and also failed to sort out the midfield and the wings.

overall, wothington is at fault for everything