Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Colours nailed to the mast

So I can avoid being associated with those who ''change their tune'' as soon as results improve I am going to firmly nail my colours to the mast and say I believe our season has finally, and necessarily, hit it''s low point at Millwall last tuesday.

I am satisfied with Worthy''s actions in replacing Jarrett with Robinson, I feel Hughes can at least do a job on the right. I think Wright is not only a good full back but a good character in the club. I think Etuhu has been a good addition.

We now have players who will take care of themselves and others on the pitch and I expect a more robust team to show great improvement.

I think Worthy is spot on with his comments that Ashton has to dish it out a bit more.

Only one thing, keep Huckerby on the bench until we have got to grips with the opposition and give Drury some early cover.

To those who think I am misguided please feel free to criticise me when I am proven wrong. At the same time, if you have predicted the worst, then be prepared to admit you were wrong.

Only time will tell. I want to be positive and I now feel confident in being so.

I hope the failthful 3000 have a great day.

I think I agree with most of that Rudolph, certainly about nailing your colours to the mast. There will be more low points this season, no doubt, but, with the exception of the right wing slot, we can now turn out a good team. We don''t have tremendous depth because we have a small squad with too much dead wood, and therefore injuries hurt us.

I also agree with your good idea of keeping Huckerby on the sidelines until we''ve got a foothold in the game. In the light of what he''s said, he needs a rest anyway.

A good post, an antidote to all the rampant defeatism around at the moment. Come On You Yellas.

Completely agree. However (there''s always a however), it does rather mean Nigel''s run out of reasons ( I won''t say excuses) why the team''s not performing. I would also like to say that it''s the QUALITY of the performance I am personally interested in - by quality, I mean as much blood & guts commitment as "silky skills". If that''s there, results will follow, notwithstanding outrageous fortune (one way or the other)  in any particular game.

OTBC!!

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

To those who think I am misguided please feel free to criticise me when I am proven wrong. At the same time, if you have predicted the worst, then be prepared to admit you were wrong.

Only time will tell. I want to be positive and I now feel confident in being so.

I hope the failthful 3000 have a great day.

[/quote]

I think it''s time for you to hold your hands up Rudolph and admit that your post was a teeny weeny bit hasty (as mine might be). However, we are currently two down against Coventry and history says we won''t come back from that.

I''m sure the 3,000 faithful are having a great day - long journey, expensive, freezing cold, raining and then the team play rubbish again.

We might have players who can take care of themselves but obviously they still can''t take care of the opposition.

Sorry to re-visit my own thread but...

It appears that some people think others are too euphoric about yesterdays draw.

It appears that others think it is again just a blip.

In the eyes of some it re-affirms their faith in certain players.

Look at the match thread again and see how many premature conclusions were jumped to throughout.

None of us are experts but even if we had lost yesterday the performance in terms of effort and application would have confirmed my belief that we have turned the corner.

It is a long way back, but a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.

[quote user="Rudolph Hucker"]

It appears that some people think others are too euphoric about yesterdays draw.

It appears that others think it is again just a blip.

In the eyes of some it re-affirms their faith in certain players.

[/quote]

I''d hardly call one point from 2 games against teams, who were both in the bottem 3 at the time of playing, a reason to re-affirm faith in anything, nor would I call it a blip - for heavens sake, our current form is diabolical.

My God, people still believe that we will improve with Worthless in charge! I bet that they can''t wait for Xmas...don''t forget to leave out a mince pie for Santa and a carrot for your namesake, Rudolph.

Thinking things will improve and waiting for Xmas; I can''t quite see the link, Link. Also, Santa is (are the kids offline) actually a fantasy figure based upon an obscure saint.

For anything to improve there has to be a natural low point. I believe City have hit theirs which does not imply they will suddenly turn into world beaters.

Fighting back from an appalling start against Coventry, shipping out underperformers, bringing in some fresh faces with ''options'' to buy, getting players in who can do a job in this league. These are amoungst the positive indicators which give me grounds for optimism.

I do not expect us to be promoted. I would be reasonably satisfied from the current position to accumulate 60 points. From the situation we were in I would be happy to avoid relegation, consolidate our squad and go again.

On a game by game basis I expect us to play to win every time.

To be wholly honest it isn''t the premier league or bust for me (and judging by falling attendences many supporters end up dissolusioned by it too). If it happens, fine. I just like going to watch my team (preferably on a saturday afternoon) and see them play with pride and passion.

Whatever league City are in I expect them to stand up and be counted, this is what the supporters are doing and I see signs that this spirit is starting to be seen in the players.

Just to remind the waverers and the doom merchants: some of us have the courage of our convictions, say what we mean and mean what we say. And that is before 3pm and not after.

''Come on City!!!!''