Sign in to follow this  
General Melchett

Stop moaning...

...about the board and that they''ve lost the plot etc etc. See article

on the official site stating that Worthington has a 12 month rolling

contract and not the 5 or 6 year contract that a lot of people suspect.

Perhaps now this has been put to bed we can all get on with supporting

the club through this rocky patch and not spend wasted effort on

finding reasons to moan. Ok moan over ;-)

http://www.canaries.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/FirstNewsDetail/0,,10355~748204,00.html

OTBC!

You''d like that wouldn''t you?. Well my answer to you contains two words ''Get Lost''.

Sorry, but I have a right to question decisions made by our overpaid fool of a manager, and I will continue to do so whether you like it or not!.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

You''d like that wouldn''t you?. Well my answer to you contains two words ''Get Lost''.

Sorry, but I have a right to question decisions made by our overpaid fool of a manager, and I will continue to do so whether you like it or not!.

[/quote]

Well you''re clearly entitled to voice your opinion 1st Wiz, but let''s be honest, you do moan about anything and everything. So many rants == far less weight to each rant, but there we go, that''s your choice. Plus, the level of personal insults you include in your posts pretty much undermines any point you''re trying to get across.

Back to the topic of the post, the details of the contract clearly haven''t been revealed - after all, there could be any number of clauses which we don''t know about. However, fair play to Worthy for at least allowing the basic facts of his employment to be released; I have to say I find his honesty quite refreshing, regardless of the team''s current predicament.

Perhaps the board just have more faith than we do? Clearly the buck stops with the manager, but I would say it is our overpaid, underperforming, squad that are equally to blame - perhaps we should start terminating their contracts as well.

Cheers,
Ian

Oh right so in that case your probably thinking you''d prefer to be a

Pompey fan? oh how they sing and shout as they enjoy the

merry-go-round...Just be thankful that we don''t have a mad Croat

running the club and that we do have one of the best young British

managers going...

[quote user="jonercanary"]Just be thankful that we do have one of the best young British managers going...[/quote]

Oh really !! - best, young ?

Let''s hope he''s "going" soon then.

Lets all try and find reasons to moan shall we. Let me see. Norwich 1 Coventry 1.. Norwich 1 Crewe 1...  Norwich 0 Reading 1... Norwich 0 Leeds 1... Norwich 0 Sheffield Wedenesday 1... add to that Watford, Birmingham, QPR, Millwall .. yes Millwall.. so bad they named it twice. and many, many more. Hard work? barely broke sweat. Time for a change.

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Which begs the question, if he''s only on a 12-month contract why is he still here?[/quote]

Two reasons probably - the Board thinks, based on his past record here, that he can do it, and secondly that they are loyal to someone who helped drag us out of the mire. Both reasons are defensible IMO: whether correct or not is just a matter of opinion. There''s also the question of who would be out there who would be short enough odds on being more successful, and at the right price. It''s like players - you have a price range.

At least the really unpleasant stuff about NW hanging on until the mega-payoff can die. He patently wasn''t/isn''t doing that.

I like the 12-month rolling contract idea for players - it would certainly keep them focussed. Try it on McVeigh.

Surely it depends on the criteria for the contract rolling on? For example if the contract says the club can terminate the contract in any given season shold his performance level drop below a certain level then that is a good incentive for his performance. If however the contract says that it will continue to roll over indefinitely unless Norwich are relegated to League 2 then that is akin to an indefinite deal.

Its good that the club and Worthy have agreed to release some details (and perhaps shows they are starting to feel the pressure) but as someone above has said if this means the reason he''s still here is not to do with the financial cost of paying him off then that means it is a football based decision which is in some ways more worrying!

Once again, the one''s who want Worthington to stay are drawing on past glories.  The last time I checked I thought we were trying to be a progressive, forward thinking club?  How can wanting a manager to stay based on what he did 2 or 3 years ago be forward thinking?  At the end of the day, Worthington has offered little in the last 2 years to suggest he is the man to take this club forward.  Relegation in the easiest Premiership since it was formed, woeful performance after woeful performance this season and embarrassing signing after embarrassing signing. 

Oh but lets not forget, he saved us from getting relegated 5 years ago!  ALL is fogiven  [*-)]

DD,

You''re spot on and that from a Worthy fan until fairly recently I think.

Jonercanary - Pompey have certainly had a fair turnover of managers over the laat few years but to compare us with them (on the assumption we were to get rid of Worthy now is misleading). For FIVE YEARS now we have had this much vaunted ''stability of management'', we have NOT ''chopped and changed'' during that period. One question for you and the KTF brigade though.

When does this ''stability'' period end for the manager, after which, presumably we will be allowed to judge his record on it''s merits without this caveat being applied. The Board clearly are of the opinion that to sack him now would automatically mean that we have once again embarked on this ''chopping and changing''. Are we looking at the end of this season, another 2 years, 5 years, 10 years........??

Played well for us for the most part when on the left wing

Worthy then starts playing him on the right drops him  the right again drops him up front drops him up front drops him low and behold back on the left wing again - oooopps he played a blinder

WORTHY IS A IDIOT- WE HAVE NO RIGHT MIDFIELD AT THIS CLUB????????????????????????????

joner, title stop moaning. what did u do? moan.

rocky patch ? you are having a right laugh. i suppose the grand canyon is a small naturally formed ornamentally designed rock feature is it ?

A rolling contract  [ if I have my facts right ]  means that it can be terminated at any time  , but  a years salary  has to be paid ..   Nigels salary hasn`t been disclosed ,  but it might easily top £1M   ,  then there might be clauses in the contract  that may increase the severence payment .

sheded is right- all it means is that it takes 12 months notice (at any time) to cancel it. So NCFC could give the 12 months notice, but ask him to leave straight away by paying him the 12 months salary (and other benefits like accrued bonuses, pension, car) he would have earned while the time on the notice was running. Similarly NW can leave at any time by giving 12 months notice, but if he just walked out the club would be unlikely to get much compensation for him not serving his 12 months (in fact a court might take sympathy and award us damages if he stayed!!!)

Also, this "stability" is total nonsense. Someone (I think it was DDiM) posted a list of NW loans and signings: 49 in 5 years. Plus youth team players equals about 60 nerw faces- 12 a year. that''s not stability in my book it just perpetually mucks things up.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

Wiz, please explain what you term ''overpaid''. Personally I don''t know how much he earns, so I''d welcome your insight. You clearly know how much he is paid and how much other managers are paid in order to reach your view that he is ''overpaid''.

Please carry on questioning his decisions though, that''s fair enough.

[quote user="DumbleDelia is Magic"]

Once again, the one''s who want Worthington to stay are drawing on past glories.  The last time I checked I thought we were trying to be a progressive, forward thinking club?  How can wanting a manager to stay based on what he did 2 or 3 years ago be forward thinking?  At the end of the day, Worthington has offered little in the last 2 years to suggest he is the man to take this club forward.  Relegation in the easiest Premiership since it was formed, woeful performance after woeful performance this season and embarrassing signing after embarrassing signing. 

Oh but lets not forget, he saved us from getting relegated 5 years ago!  ALL is fogiven  [*-)]

[/quote]

DD, there''s a small flaw in your agrument though. Even Pompey (in the Prem, so can attract higher profile manager and pay higher wages) can''t attract managers like Dowie, Rednapp, McLeish, all of whom'' sucess is in the past follwed by more recent failure, or Warnock, who has never really had success. Given that, you name me a manager who is enjoying current success and who we could attract! It would have to be someone doing it at a lower level, ergo unproven at this level.

If Worthy goes (which he won''t this season), who would replace him, other than a manager with more recent failure than success at our level?

You think through as many managerial appointments as you can remember: how many of them were enjoying success when they moved. How many were out of work (because of previous failure) when they joined a club?

EVERY manager will eventually fail! One day, Chelsea fans will call for Mourinho to go because "he''s taken the club as far as he can and it''s time for a younger fresher manager". If we change, all that does is keep the merry-go-round going, it rarely guarantees success or failure.

Controversial point: if Rioch or Hamilton had had the money that Worthy has had, would they have had the same success as we have in the past few years?

Stop moaning. We have nothing to moan about. Worthy and delia need time. You should all be ashamed of yourselves. Call yourselves city fans. Must all support ipswich zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz