Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Has the tide turned at last ?

First off, don''t jump to conclusions based on the subject of this post.

No, I''m not some demented and deluded supporter that thinks are getting better. Far from it.

The interesting thing is that since last night''s shambles there has been a noticable lack of posts from those so called die hard Worthy supporters.

Have they at last seen the light, has the penny suddenly dropped, do they now realise that us "Worthy Out" mongers have been right all along, do they finally understand just how bad we are and are they now prepared to join the overwhelming majority of supporters who say enough is enough.

I notice in one post that even one of the most ardent Worthy supporters, our good friend Allways Travelling, is starting to have doubts and the lack of activity on this board from similar like minded people appears to speak for itself.

Perhaps they''re too numb to type, perhaps they''re lost for words or perhaps, just perhaps, their hitherto undying admiration for the current Manager is starting to diminish.

No doubt this post will act like a red rag to a bull to the few stragglers that remain and there''ll suddenly be a rush of posts in his defence. However, I detect that indeed the tide has turned and that the many factually correct, logically constructed and generally sincere posts calling for the termination of his contract are beginning to sink in. After all, we too have the Club''s best interests at heart.

So that''s most of the supporters sorted, all we''ve got to do now is convince the Board.

A tougher nut to crack no doubt but I feel sure that even they, in their quiet moments of contemplation, must be comming to the end of their tether and having second thoughts now.

Let''s hope so.

It''s funny how the "Worthy-outers" are always calling the "Worthy-supporters" and vice-versa. It''s as if everyone''s opinion is absolute and to change your mind about something is a disgrace or makes you a lesser person/supporter.

I was 100% behind Nigel Worthington. I appreciate that he turned the club around and was still backing him up until five or six games ago.

The performances of late have been unnaceptable and I now believe the only way forward is a change of management. I stuck with Worthy as long as I could but he''s now lost my support - and the support of many others.

However, I do not disrespect those who continue to support him, nor will I try and persuade them to change their mind. Their opinion is just as important and as valid as mine.

I think a lot of people find it difficult to criticise a man who is fundamentally decent and honest. There have to be dispassionate business decisions made.

It was interesting to hear one caller to Neil Adams talk about Worthy being brought down by his back room staff who he should look to replace. What a shame Boothroyd''s ambitions were not met by Norwich City.

Don''t worry, Nigel, one of the more irritating KTF''s has donned his yellow and green spectacles tonight and posted a couple of his typical hit-and-run snipes. For these few misguided KTF souls the penny wouldn''t drop until we were in the Conference, judging by the usual inane comments.

MPFN

Perhaps they are still numb from shock, when the realisation of our plight first hits you it does take a bit of getting used to, and then something else to admit to others that you have just realised it.  However, perhaps (like the caller called Kip on the phone in after the game) there still are legions of people who find the games we have played this season perfectly acceptable and that the real season doesn''t kick off until after Christmas. 

We all want to live in hope, that is after all one of the essences of supporting your team in the first place, but this season is beyond all hope now, and for some of us, has been for a long time.  I am not proud to say I thought it was over after the first three home games.  Convincing nine points, NOT. 

So what happens now?  Well as far as the board goes, not a lot.  They have nailed their colours to the mast and won''t be changing their minds.  We have Nigel and whoever he wants as his coaching staff until the end of time.  Sorry, but I really do feel that they will never sack him.  I just wonder if the pressure gets to him eventually and he thinks this is not worth the hassle (or the 400,000K a year) and leaves while he still has all his marbles intact.