Sign in to follow this  
Old Boy

The Penalty

I''ve just seen the penalty incident on the TV. Surely a referee who doesn''t give a penalty for that has to be a crook, like that ref in Germany recently? Or maybe his attention wandered. Or he bottled it. Whatever, he should be disciplined. It should have been a red card for the defender as well.

I''ve no doubt it should have been a penalty. Trouble is Hucks has now got a reputation as a serial diver and therefore Refs are very reluctant to give him anything, particuarly in front a the baying mob at the New Den - it''s called self preservation.

If it had been at home it probably would have been given.

Besides, even if it was given we would probably have missed it.

Let''s just put it down to experience and not let it cloud the real issue - we played rubbish and we got what we deserved - nothing

It seems to me Hucks only has himself to blame. he had

the player beat and could of scored,but he bottled it, choose to move

side ways and try to win the pen.

Totally agree about the diver reputation- even though its pretty harsh

Hux is a big name in this division, and a lot of refs are watching out for him

Its now cost us a match

My GOD  but there`s some  crap  coming out of some posters about the whys and wherefores  of why Hucks didn`t get a penalty !

Hucks WAS charged down from BEHIND  !!    IN the box !!!!     maybe the " He`s a diver "   whingers  think THEY could stay on their feet   in such circumstances uh ??     yeah .... 

Old Boy ..    good point !    I too can`t` see that crooked German ref  being an isolated  case !   tip of the iceburg  more than likely !!    one caught  , how many others  are getting the  fat brown envelopes ? ...    we all know that there are some big gambling syndicates    trying to manipulate   results ,    and the two  most influential  people  that could change the course of a game is .... the ref ,     and the goalkeeper !!!!!!!!!!! 

Sort of ..... makes you think , eh ? [6]

No, Huck Tastic, playing crap for 90 minutes has cost us the match. Much in the same way that playing crap for the majority of the past 20 matches will give us another season in this bl**dy Division! 

One decision can never cost a match -  a game is played over 90 mins plus and for most of Tues we were second best.  If all we can lament against a b string millwall team sitting bottom of the table is a not given penalty opportunity then it tells me that the other 89 mins were very poor against the owrst team in the league and we got out of the game what we deserved.

Blaming the ref or hux does not cut it - the ref gave what he saw and was probably influenced by hux reputation but more by being at millwall; while hux remains our one creative hope who we have more to thank for than most realise and recriminations are inappropriate here.  Some pens are given some are not.

Diving a modern foreign phenomena?  Dont make me laugh - Rodney on Talksport was talking about a dive he took in the early 70s - its as old as the hills and practiced by multiple players in all teams.  Its part of the game - get over it.

OTBC