Sign in to follow this  
Anderz

Shirt Sponsorship Deals

Just read on the BBC website, in an article about Vodafone and Man United parting company, that United have only ever had 2 shirt sponsors - Sharp (1982-2000) and Vodafone (2000-2005)

How many shirt sponsors have we had in our history, I''m guessing at about 6-7, but thats only an estimate... Anyone wanna try naming them all? 

Slightly off topic but allied to it - given our current predicament, who should our next Sponsor be ?

Can''t think of any at the moment as I''m a bit busy but there must be some absolute crackers.

Suggestions anyone ?

[quote user="Anderz"]

Just read on the BBC website, in an article about Vodafone and Man United parting company, that United have only ever had 2 shirt sponsors - Sharp (1982-2000) and Vodafone (2000-2005)

How many shirt sponsors have we had in our history, I''m guessing at about 6-7, but thats only an estimate... Anyone wanna try naming them all? 

[/quote]

Fosters, Poll withy, Asics, Norwich and Peterborough, Colmans, Lotus/Proton, thats 7 (using lotus and Proton as 2 separate) that i know of since the early 80''s... anyone know of any more?

jas :)

[quote user="Cheeky Monkey"]

I quite fancy Bernard Matthews "Norfolk Turkeys" to be our next shirt sponsors!!

Quite apt I think!!

[/quote]

Not bad. How about a Manufacturer of Incontinence Pants (whoever they are) - stops leaks at the back !

Chipperfields Circus, 11 clowns and a ring master after all

Very supportive of your club, well done.  Sure it will help morale all round.  Nice to see you doing your bit.

I quite fancy Bernard Matthews "Norfolk Turkeys" to be our next shirt sponsors!!

Quite apt I think!!

[/quote]

Good suggestion but should be ''Turkey Roll'' because it is gutless, has no wings and can be sliced open easily on any occasion.

[quote user="Dicky"]

Chipperfields Circus, 11 clowns and a ring master after all

Very supportive of your club, well done.  Sure it will help morale all round.  Nice to see you doing your bit.

[/quote]

Dicky - re arrange these word into a phrase "up Lighten have and laugh a God''s sake for"

Jas is as much a fan and supporter as you Dicky -  a bit of gallows humour never did anyone any harm and can help through some tough times, such as now for city fans.

Has to be durex - to provide some cover for defence, or IBM for creative solutions in support of the attack...

Or for the fans some anti depressants - to keep us all happy!

OTBC

Has to be some manufacturer of Viagara for me -  "For the longer lasting experience."

Or perhaps Walt Disney World. We need something to "Discover the Magic".

over the tannoy

"norwich city''s shirt sponser, paxo;  ''Garenteed to get the best stuffing every time''"

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

lol @ dicky.. bah humbug to you to!

suprised no ones thought of this...

"virgin" because we never score

jas :)

[/quote]

We couldn''t have "Virgin" when we end up getting ****** every week!

Had no idea that this posting would go off on quite such a steep tangent and create a much needed and welcome diversion to the doom and gloom being permeated on here lately. I think the Samaritan''s idea with the telephone number visible is my favourite so far - with all suggestions obviously borne out of collective anxiety for whats happening to our beloved Club...

How about a combined sponsorship of Bernard Matthews and Paxo

The Turkeys Got Stuffed Again !

Quite apt I think!!

[/quote]