Sign in to follow this  
Rossi

so who are we to blame ??

In Worthington''s own words we have gone two steps backward after one forward. Therefore, according to him, we are now one step further back than the performance over Wolves.

Fact 1: Nobody has lost more games than us in our division this season.

Fact 2: 5 clubs have scored less than us

Fact 3: We have only scored 2 goals in the last 10.5 hours of football

Fact 4: We are currently bottom of the form guide for the last 6 games

Fact 5: We (according to the clapper) have the strongest squad in the league

Fact 6: We (according to Worthy) have a stronger squad than when we went up

Fact 7: According to " why say 5 words when you can say 500 words Munby "Injuries have been to blame for our unacceptable form" - "Best 11" started last night

Fact 8: The most consistent player (Davenport) won''t be with us in a couple of weeks

I care passionately about the club and watching it becomming more embroiled in a relegation battle hurts deeply. Despite my fears and anxieties I get behind the team and I do not boo, but I do not have blind faith. This is unacceptable, it is not up to me to hold court to ascertain who is to blame. But I, and thousands of others have had enough. We have been a patient bunch but dont blame us for our feelings, we have got behind the team, especially away from home, and seen no return for that. Our feelings are ignored and we are labelled as part of the problem if we show our frustrations. Even Ipswich fans have had enough of taking the proverbial and actually feel sorry for us. Some may argue that Millwall was unlucky. If we base that on one penalty that wasnt given and a goal mouth scramble, then we got exactly what we deserved.

So who do I blame ? Nigel ? Coaching staff ? The board ? The players ?

Its times like this where togetherness and transparency need to be more apparent than at any other time, so lets have some honesty. It''s the least we deserve and not some utter rubbish that Munby graced the pink un with a couple of weeks ago. That just makes more more angry.

an excellent post Rossi, personally i think all those you mentioned above have to take some form or another of blame, but its firmly on Nigels shoulders for not changing it when it needed it.

jas :)

yea good post rossi, i know exactly how you feel. It is so depressing at the momnet because our beloved team that at the beginning of the season we had such high hopes for is being drilled into the ground.

answer to your question: WORTHINGTON!

he picks the team

he brings in new players

he picks the tactics

he decides what to say after each game

he makes the substitutions

he picks the backroom staff

HE TAKES THE BLAME!

I don''t know him personally so can''t judge him on that front but i don''t want him in charge of our team anymore, GET OUT! you''ve had more than your last chance JUST LEAVE WORTHY!

Rossi, a heartfelt post and one most of us on here can identify with.  I am in complete agreement with you, this season is a mess, a farce on the pitch and also off it, as no one has the balls to sort it out. 

Who''s to blame, well on the pitch that accolade goes to Worthy, he picks the team and is supposed to motivate them (aside from the massive wages they pick up every week whatever the result), he has been given money to replace those who left, although maybe in his defence not enough, but then again he hasn''t always used the cash available wisely.

IMO though, it has now gone beyond blaming Worthy,  but he is not up to the job anymore, I know we all have our different theories on his capabilities, but IMO he cannot motivate, cannot get the tactics right, cannot see what he is doing to Ashton (ie, turning him into a targetman donkey, when we have one of the best prospects in the country), he contines with his hoofing and defensive philosophy, although telling us we are watching passing football (?).  I honestly think he is doing his best and is now being found out.  He is not the messiah some of us thought, and now, with the present situation as it is, he has no answers.  Injuries, well, no, we haven''t improved. 

Ultimately, the blame rests with those on top, the board.  They are so committed to keeping Nigel as part of their long term (is it 10 year plan now?), that they cannot see things as they really are, to them this season has been a temporary blip, but we''ll get over it if we all stick together.  Well Munby and co, you have to wake up soon - or you will find us all in deep doo doos.  I don''t envy them the decision they will eventually have to make, and the sacrifice that it takes (probably selling Green, Ashton to release Worthy from his contract).  Will they make it?  Or will they wait for Worthy to walk cheaply away?

Of course, it could all change and we could start winning more than the odd game and turning in a decent and convincing performance or two, but .......

gazza i would agree with everything that you say but you do not give many answers to the problem. would you sack the manager if so who would you bring in? would you keep the manager but bring in a director of football if so who? would you make NW director of football and bring in a coach if so who? which players would you let go of in january and who would you bring in to replace them? we may well have to let ashton, green, & huckerby go anyway!

i still think that we should give the team four more games to get it sorted with a target of 8 points. if we do not achieve this then we have to be radical and change not only the managment structure but the playing staff as well. meantime lets get behind the team and hope that we can get back to winning ways!

OTBC

Ultimately the final responsibility lies with the Manager. He has

appointed two assisstants, who presumably advise him, but they were his

choice.

The Board may have been tight in the transfer budget over the summer,

and thus accept some responsibility, but the purchases were all his

own. Most signings are generally accepted to be poor, and probably did

not increase the quality in the side.

The loan signings are a mixed bunch - Davenport very good, Wright

apparently also. Marney  was a reasonable player, but no more,

Lisbie was ineffective and the jury is out on Etuhu.

Training and preparation, team selection and tactics are entirely the

Manager''s decision, and motivation is his responsibility. In the view

of many people for a season and a half at least there have been many

deficiencies.

As to what the Club should do about it is another question. If, as

seems likely, the Club will eventually have to buy out his contract,

should they bite the bullet and do it soon, perhaps selling a player,

in the hope that they can find a new manager will can do better and who

will redeem the season to some extent? Or should they soldier on in

some kind of hope that the Manager can change himself and his team, but

with the risk of relegation and loss of players  for even less.

Given that the undisclosed managerial contract extension seems to be for years rather than months. Two things seem to be clear:

1. They will probably have to buy out a contract at some point.
  2. There will need to be a thorough re-building of the team

[quote user="rainbowchaser"]

i still think that we should give the team four more games to get it

sorted with a target of 8 points. if we do not achieve this then we

have to be radical and change not only the managment structure but the

playing staff as well. meantime lets get behind the team and hope that

we can get back to winning ways!

[/quote]

I have to ask rainbowchaser, if in those four games we don''t get the target 8 points does somebody get the boot?

From my remote perspective Worthy et al have had more than enough "four

game" chances to sort this mess out and nothing has happened. Lots of

the normal talk about work rate and missed chances but it ain''t

happening.

How much more keeping the faith do the doubters have to put up with.

morph, the answer is YES if we do not turn it around in the next four games then it becomes a serious issue that unless changed could lead to us being relegated just like forest were so radical action will need to be taken and i only hope that the board have a contingency plan if this course of action becomes neccessary.

[quote user="rainbowchaser"]

gazza i would agree with everything that you say but you do not give many answers to the problem. would you sack the manager if so who would you bring in? would you keep the manager but bring in a director of football if so who? would you make NW director of football and bring in a coach if so who? which players would you let go of in january and who would you bring in to replace them? we may well have to let ashton, green, & huckerby go anyway!

i still think that we should give the team four more games to get it sorted with a target of 8 points. if we do not achieve this then we have to be radical and change not only the managment structure but the playing staff as well. meantime lets get behind the team and hope that we can get back to winning ways!

OTBC

[/quote]

If I were Munby et al, then yes, as the money we would have to pay off the contracts of Worthy and co would be less than the cost of relegation, which is likely given the form of the team so far this season. 

How many more games do we give them, first it was 10, then to sometime in October, then after a spell of a few home games, etc etc.  When are the board and anyone else who doubts the mess we are in going to wake up and realise we are on a downwards spiral which is not going to stop unless someone takes some drastic action.

How much more can we take of Millwall away (and home come to that).  Has anyone really got any abiding memories of good football this season, a decent 90 minutes, of players shining, of teamwork, of individual qualities?  Er no, so why are we persisting with a failing management team who keep on failing the club, the fans etc.  The players, while not blameless are obviously completely demoralised and cannot be motivated by the present management. 

I have heard that tonight at Diss, the board and D Livermore gave the same old stuff about believing and that it would all come right, so we have to keep on hoping. 

Rainbowchaser, I might not have answered your question completely, but if you are asking me to give this lot another four games then no way.  I have seen enough. 

Can you see Ashton Green etc wanting to stay if they get a choice?  No, so use the money to get rid of the incompetent management.  Who?  I have previously said, if necessary use Dave Williams as a caretaker manager for now and look long and hard later on, but a new manager straight away, someone young and hungry from the lower leagues, Tilson for example.  Would like Boothroyd back, but probably unfeasible.

[{] As i,ve said many times before, too many poor performers on the pitch. They are all experienced footballers and can have no excuses. 

As far as we are aware the message that they are getting from the coaching staff etc, is the similar message that was used during the promotion season. Our defensive style has for the last four seasons been inadequate and also we were lucky that many of our defensive frailties wer''nt punished more severely.  They are now.

Our off the ball running is woeful, and it is not that it is getting better, off sides against, seem to be the norm. Keeping awake seems to be a problem.

Some of our so called better players will be looking for other teams to hide in, does that surprise me?  Far better than putting their delicate shoulders to the wheel of our cart.  With that type beside you in a war situation you''d have to be careful ''cos they''ed join the other side when the going got tough.

I believe that we need a much more professional coaching staff who are prepared to put  quality football candidates through their paces preferably from the lower divisions, lads with an axe to grind , who have the fighting qualities that are necessary to produce the sought of ground-out results that are the norm in this division. I would like to ship out six of the present teams fancy dans and get in about a dozen who are prepared to graft and would appreciate the set up that we have at Carrow Road; long ball and all.

Above  all I''d keep Nigel Worthy if only to put two fingers up to his outers.  I''m quite sure if h''ed been given the rescources available to Moureno and Fergusson for one season then he would attain success in the short term, even though our SMALL CLUB COULD NEVER SUSTAIN THE WAGES NECESSARY due to the lack of capacity.  As reguards Delia, For me she can do no wrong, what she and her husband have done for the club, means that we are here at this moment and time, poor performances and all, half-way up in the championship.  But for her efforts we would have been in a lower division.  There have been rumours that there would have been big monied investors to take over the club, we were in the doldrums for ten years where were the investors then.Crying [:''(]