Sign in to follow this  
Oh Huckerby

Worthy wants a defender

Whilst waiting for the players coach to arrive outside Goodison Park on saturday, Gunnys coach of V.I.Ps arrived in front of a group of me and my mates, a father of a friend knew one of the directors who got off the bus and spoke to him for a few minutes. From what was said NW wants to bring in another defender possibly within the next few weeks or before the run in to the title race. Any ideas on who he may target?

I would go back in for Bromby as he has great pace and distribution as well as a great throw in that caused all sorts of havoc in the opposition box when he was last here.

If the rumours of Robert Huth from Chelsea are true, then Worthy''s pulling off another bobby dazzler. That boy''s got class.

Robert Huth would be great, but unless Chelsea get a defender in the transfer window, then I can''t see it happening - he''s been playing a bit for their first team this season, so I''m guessing he''s needed at the moment. Unsworth, apparently, has regained form at Everton and isn''t looking to move anymore. I haven''t heard any more rumours, but given Worthy''s form in the transfer market currently, I''d put money on him finding a quality buy. And when I say quality, I don''t mean Leigh Bromby. Who, incidentally, I belive is injured for the next month or two, so wouldn''t be much use to us anyway.

Unsworth may have regained form, but has been made a final 1 year contract offer, which he has turned down. Thus he has been given permission to talk to any club he chooses, and has publicly stated that he expects to leave Goodison. Everton hvae said that they will review the situation again in the summer if he hasn''t moved on.

The only drawback with Unsy would be his missus - she''s already made him leave West Ham after a season, then Villa after a month because she was homesick for Liverpool.......kind of restricts his options, doesn''t it? Tranmere Rovers, is it?

At the moment I think we are fine for defenders. At the end of the season we will need someone coz we all know mckaay cant handle the likes of Nistelrooy and Henry, IN THE PREMIERSHIP!(Come on the Canaries!) But at the moment we have got the best defensive record in the league so as the saying goes ''don''t fix what isn''t broken''!

Not trying to be funny but surely we should be looking for another Adam Drury type player as unsworth is not exactly young? and bromby is an average second division player

that Huth looks like a good prospect but he is an up and coming german international and probably would be talking 2million minium and thats before the top German clubs coming knocking

maybe we could go for the southampton reserve player Kenton????

yes the back four are ok james, but if we lose mackay AND fleming (unlikley but reasonable) - we don'' have a natural central defender.
This is why Nigel wants a defender - as backup who could easily come into our team unnoticed and be of the level of flem or better.

I heard we were interested in Chris Marsden but thats kinda irrelevant