Sign in to follow this  
Ulf Ottosson

Good Players don't become bad players....

Ok this has been an often used phrase about our squad this year but am I the only one here who thinks we aren''t that good and everyones expectations (automatic promotion) are laughable. We got promoted in a weak division and along with WBA, Palace and Soton were four of the worst teams ever to grace the premiership I mean WBA stayed up with what 35 pts!!

In my book we have four quality players - and three of them haven''t (Yet) turned up this year and one has been injured for sake of argument these are Green, Huckerby, Ashton and Safri in my book. Everyone needs to stop and get a dose of reality and realise this and hope that we can recruit the players in Jan to give us a  shot at the play offs - I mean we only 6 pts from it (3 if we could take pens).

I accept we have been awful this year but this is only as most fans seem to measuring us against a totally inaccurate yardstick - we aren''t half as good as we think we are!!

Agree totally.  Only I would add Shackell to the list.  I think he has genuine potential.  As for the rest of them - they''re a rank average at best.  Fleming, Doherty, Drury, Jarrett, Colin, Henderson, McVeigh, Hughes....... are not quality players.  End of story.