Sign in to follow this  
Tumbleweed

"Loyalty" works both ways

So Cheeky Monkey gets slagged off by the usual suspect(s) for venting his frustration and suggesting (jokingly perhaps) that he might place his season ticket on ebay. 1st Wiz gets the expected response when he challenges the KTFs suggesting (or implying?) that blind faith has its own place in the complacency and inaction which is threatening this club.

Well my attitude is that I am prepared to show the loyalty I have done over the last three deacdes of support and to continue that when the Club shows me some loyalty back. As I live in Hampshire I travel around 400 miles for a home game  and it eats £60 of petrol plus food and other sundries. Multiply that by 23 and it adds up. Add it to the cost of my season ticket and its a major investment.

I''m not going to the Luton game. I''ve already decided. I just can''t face a 200 mile home trip in the dark and probably pouring rain getting home at 9pm depressed, hungry and tired. I''ve done it time and time again even through the Hamilton reign. Tuesday games? Anybody else fancy getting home at 2.00am and getting up for work a few hours later?

No more. I am fed up with the current state of play. The club have my season ticket money already. they will not miss the £3 I spend on a programme or the £2 or so on a coffee and mars bar at half time. But my seat will stay empty. At least for the Luton game.

Delia and Co- you need to show me some loyalty back. You need to sort out this mess. You''ve done pretty well up to now, taking us from those dark days to the Premiership. But things need doing.

Players- you need to show me some loyalty too. You can sit there in your saunas and private gyms swanning around and run about aimlessly once or twice a week. You need to make it worth my while to ruin so many weekends.

Worthington- you need to prove to me that you aren''t dragging this club down by its bootlaces. Your public utterances, feeble excuses and patronising attitude are wearing thin.

Enjoy the game all.

[quote]So Cheeky Monkey gets slagged off by the usual suspect(s) for venting his frustration and suggesting (jokingly perhaps) that he might place his season ticket on ebay. 1st Wiz gets the expected respons...[/quote]

Damn good post Tumbleweed, I gave it a 5 star rating before some faceless pro worthy poster could rate it one star!.

Fantastic post. That sums up my feelings perfectly! 

I won''t be going to the Luton game either as I can''t be bothered to throw away an entire day sitting on a tube/train getting from London to Norwich and back to watch the shambles that we''ve turned into.

Firstly, can we all agree to stop the ''rating'' of each others posts - it''s got a bit silly, hasn''t it?Tumbleweed, I''ve disagreed with quite a few of your recent posts, but not this.You''ve stated your case very well and, whilst I''m in the pro-Worthy camp still, I can also agree with all your questions about loyalty - to the players, management & board of directors.Even being supportive of the current incumbents doesn''t preclude questioning their ideas and commitment. Those of you who''d prefer to change manager aren''t the only ones who''d like these points to be dealt with - I guess some of my fellow Worthy supporters feel very defensive at present, but we can still hold a sensible debate.I look forward to seeing some answers to your post (I''m afraid I have none at present) and hope you''ll be encouraged to restart your long-haul support sooner rather than later.

Great post Tumbleweed, well put & eloquent.  I don''t get to many games but I can appreciate that if I spent the time & money you (and others) spend on following NCFC I would be more upset about the current situation.

[quote]So Cheeky Monkey gets slagged off by the usual suspect(s) for venting his frustration and suggesting (jokingly perhaps) that he might place his season ticket on ebay. 1st Wiz gets the expected respons...[/quote]

Tumbleweed you have my sympathy because I feel bad enough driving back midweek and I only have 85 miles to travel, let alone 200.

Over the years I have met several ardent Norwich supporters from around the country, and quite recently a number of them have decided to give games, particularly midweek matches, a miss as well.  These are supporters who up until recently have been confident that Worthy can turn things around, but now they are prepared to miss watching the team they so proudly support.

Whether it is the manager, coaching staff, or even the players the situation is likely to get worse before it gets better.  It will be interesting to see what happens for the Luton game.  The manager has accused some of his players of being spineless, there is no sign of any new loan players arriving, the board are adamant that Worthy will produce the goods.  Unfortunately having a two week lay off we will not see an immediate response from the players.

Personally I think we may well see the lowest league attendance for a home match, and if the team don''t perform then there could be more vociferous calls for Worthy''s resignation.  We need a decent loan signing to attract those who have been staying away, dare I say it some new tactics from the coaching staff wouldn''t go amiss, but it has to be something.

I will be the first to take my hat off and admit I was wrong about Worthy, but he needs to turn things around fairly quickly.  The worst scenario is that we are stuck in the bottom three come the new year, and we lose some of our better assets such as Safri, Ashton, and Green.

That''s a horrific thought silver fox, I hope the Board have the balls to know that its a real possibility the way things stand. As business people they must cater for all eventualities, including that nightmare scenario- but what will they do to mitigate the risk of it happening I wonder?

My absence for the Luton game is not a protest against Worthington, I think my views on that issue are known, but its the lack of energy I have to do the trip in these circumstances. Since the overwhelming majority of season ticket holders live close by and will not want to lose the "benefit" of the money they have already paid, the attendance will still be very healthy. The Board must not assume that this is because people are happy with the current situation, but more a desire to use a seat they have already paid for.

Fantastic post, Tumbleweed. It''s been depressing enough for me and I only live mile or so from the ground, I feel so sorry for all the guys who travel long distances to watch this shower every other week. Who could possibly blame you for giving the Luton game a miss?

Tumbleweed

I won''t be there and I don''t really give much what the loyalty mob think either.  Admittedly in my case it is because I have to work on Saturdays due to business of my own reasons, but I can''t say I am going to be too upset at missing out at present. 

After Christmas I will be going again, but hope for some improvement in all areas, on the pitch and off it.  Remembering the season ticket renewals (aka begging letters) will be on their way to us soon.

So there are many people who want to go to matches without s tickets at the moment, yes, there are and you''ll all get next season, mark my words!

Tumbleweed and others, it is really starting to amaze me how many people are ready to start missing games this season.  People who have been going for years are so fed up, that they are threatening to vote with their feet.  I will be there, but only because I am two miles from Carrow Road and as you said I have paid for my ST.  I used to live 120 miles away and like you got to most if not all home games, so I do understand where you are coming from!

The point when the board will relaise how fed up people are, is when the ST''s go back on sale for next season.  I will be interested to see when they do this and what, if any, increases to cost are made!

FROM A MONEY ORIENTATED CLUB THE ONLY WAY THERE WILL BE ANY CHANGE IS IF PEOPLE START TO VOTE WITH THEIR FEET.  I AM A SEASON TICKET HOLDER AND ONLY LIVE 3 MILES AWAY SO I WILL GO TO THE LUTON GAME, BUT I WILL NOT BE ATTENDING ANY MORE AWAY GAMES THIS SEASON.  I CAN SEE WHERE YOU ARE COMING FROM AS IT IS SO DEPRESSING ON THE JOURNEY HOME AFTER YET ANOTHER AWAY DEFEAT SO I CANT IMAGINE WHAT IT IS LIKE AFTER A HOME ONE.  I WILL NOT BE RENEWING MY SEASON TICKET IF THE CURRENT REGIME IS STILL IN FORCE AT THE END OF THE SEASON. AS I BELIEVE THERE NEEDS TO BE CHANGES FROM COACHING STAFF TO PLAYING PERSONNEL AND QUICKLY.