Sign in to follow this  
Phil Schmil

Bryan Gunn and Meals on Wheels

With our current group of players up for all sort of criticism on this board (justified in my opinion - with a few notable exceptions) I thought I would bring to your attention a current story concerning one of our recent greats.

My father-in-law (Bernie) is a volunteer for meals on wheels and was joined on his round this week by none other than Bryan Gunn. The story and pictures are in tonight''s evening news and you can read the story at the following link:

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/Features/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=Features&tBrand=enonline&tCategory=features&itemid=NOED10%20Nov%202005%2015%3A39%3A08%3A223

Gunny stayed with Bernie for the full duration of his round and made the day of a number of our more senior supporters. He also engaged in a lot of banter and took a lot of stick from Bernie on the current (non) performances of the team. To cap it all (for me) I now have signed copies of Canary Citizens and Gunny (A year in the life of Bryan Gunn).

I cannot speak highly enough of Bryan. He was a great player (our best ever goalkeeper in my opinion) and remains a great ambassador for the club and an all round top bloke.

Our current group would do well to watch and learn.