Sign in to follow this  
sheded

Wigan !

I expect most of us are  looking at where Wigan are now , with no small degree of envy !   here`s a  club in a rugby town , with a stadium  that I wouldn`t let my dog sleep in  ,  and  they`re  right behind Chelsea !!   

I say good luck to them , yet ... why couldn`t we have   done half as good  last season  ?  just what is their secret ?   we need to know .....

Sickening, isn''t it?  They''ve got more points now than we had at Easter!  However, the same could be said of both Palace and West Brom (who only stayed up because someone had to).  I think something very strange is happening to the Premiership, not sure exactly what, but it seems to be turning into a sort of super-Championship, with everyone beating everyone else apart from Chelsea.  

Never mind, at least our ticket office (if you can find it) is better than Chelsea''s. 

You have obviously never been to the JJB stadium if you think the stadium is not fit to let your dog sleep in.......

It''s a fantastic well built and modern ground.

The reason Wigan are doing well is because they play with passion and belief and have a fantastic manager who can motivate his players.

[quote]You have obviously never been to the JJB stadium if you think the stadium is not fit to let your dog sleep in....... It''s a fantastic well built and modern ground. The reason Wigan are doing well is...[/quote]

My apologies Wiganer , it must have been 14 years  since I was up there !  touch of the sour grapes  coming through  I`m afraid

Passion and belief eh ,  and [ ooer ]  a manager that motivates the players ! ....... it looks like we`re dooooomed 

[quote]My apologies Wiganer , it must have been 14 years since I was up there ! touch of the sour grapes coming through I`m afraid Passion and belief eh , and [ ooer ] a manager that motivates the p...[/quote]

They weren''t even in the JJB 14 years ago!The JJB was built by their current owner who also happens to own the JJB chain of sports stores...which brings me neatly onto one of the reasons why Wigan are doing well, money is not a problem for the guy.

[quote]My apologies Wiganer , it must have been 14 years since I was up there ! touch of the sour grapes coming through I`m afraid Passion and belief eh , and [ ooer ] a manager that motivates the p...[/quote]

Apology accepted.

You might have been thinking of Springfield Park our old ground.

Don''t be too gloomy about Norwich''s predicament there is still a lot of the season left....

The secret is no secret, they have a moneybags owner who allowed the club to spend over £8M in the summer. Not many promoted clubs could do that on the kind of gates they had

[quote]They weren''t even in the JJB 14 years ago!The JJB was built by their current owner who also happens to own the JJB chain of sports stores...which brings me neatly onto one of the reasons why Wigan are...[/quote]

Exactly.

Wigan''s success this season has been built on a strong foundation of backing by the board and sensible management.

Their business in the transfer market has been imaginative and it''s worked, also, they''ve been positive from the word "Go", which is one thing we failed to do last season.

I wish Wigan luck - even if it makes my blood boil

[quote]Sickening, isn''t it? They''ve got more points now than we had at Easter! However, the same could be said of both Palace and West Brom (who only stayed up because someone had to). I think something v...[/quote]

Yeah Clare ,  nothings ever 100% gloom  is it  ?  LOL