Sign in to follow this  
nycanary

NCFC's New Formation = CHELSEA

With Etuhu, it looks like we might be able to put together what has proven to be a very effective formation for Chelsea with three midfielders: GreenColin Doherty Davenport Drury Etuhu Safri Hughes McVeigh Huckerby AshtonWhat does everyone think?

if we played like chelsea,. wouldnt it be

green
colin  doherty  davenport drury
           etuhu
mcveigh hughes safri Hucks
           ashton

???????

[quote]With Etuhu, it looks like we might be able to put together what has proven to be a very effective formation for Chelsea with three midfielders: GreenColin Do...[/quote]

All we need now then is a Manager like Chelsea''s (please)

[quote]if we played like chelsea,. wouldnt it be green colin doherty davenport drury etuhu mcveigh hughes safri Hucks ashton ???????[/quote]

If we played like Chelsea would we all be laughing as we would be points clear at the top of the prem?

ncfc4eva, that''s a fair point but i guess i think that makelele plays alongside lamps and essien more than their wingers play alongside lamps and essien. so, yah, etuhu or safs would sit a little further back but just as importantly, mcveigh and hux sit further ahead of the midfield. you know, the 4-5-1 to 4-3-3 flexi formation.in any case, i guess i think thta etuhu is a good signing for us. maybe he can do what we all thoght jarrett would do. he''s been a major disappointment and hopefully etuhu will deliver.

It would have to be Safri in the Essien role though, and Hughes as the Makalele.

Safri''s passing ability would be wasted sitting in front of the defence.

I like the idea of this formation (the first one with Hucks and mcVeigh behind Ashton) but I don''t think our midfield has the pace necessary to cover enough ground.