Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

The 600 souls who ruined City!

Those who backed Worthless and the board at the AGM!.

Not to mention the fact that there are 6000 shareholders I believe, and the board were reelected by only a small percentage of them!.

I have to be careful here, great posters like Gazza the Great, who went, had no chance to affect the decisions on her own, and it was staged mannered to some degree I believe.

But what an opportunity wasted, 599 souls should hang their heads in shame!.

Not forgetting that if we carry on in the same direction the shares will finish up with the same value as Russian siberian rail shares

Wiz

Yes I went as you stated and so did Meeky (who I know won''t mind me telling you is no KTF person either), we spoke to several people who are not in the Keep Worthy camp as well, not all shareholders view the board''s line on this as read.  Some of us who attended that night knew in advance the likelihood of what transpired, sadly.

As you say, 600 from 6000 shareholders is not a great number or great ratio of support.  However to ask every single supporter of their views would be too time consuming and logistially impossible.  Having said that, the Pink Un poll, thought largely unrepresentative by the media is no more unreliable than asking a load of shareholders in a meeting. 

I think to be honest the next test of support will be season ticket renewals!  Bearing in mind some of those on the waiting list have taken their names off, and some won''t renew, will we still fill the ground next season?

I am still in the lucky position of having a choice whether I renew or not.  I will not renew on the strength of the football I see this season, but on the basis of what might happen next, if we carry on as we are.  There will be a change if things don''t improve, but don''t expect to see it before then.  Just a hunch. 

I have bought a few hundred quids worth of shares, not because I want to make a profit or ever sell them. I paid out because I love Norwich City and the first lot of shares helped to fund Crouch and Huckerby.

We are not ruining the club its the constant criticism that doing that.

Nick

[quote]Those who backed Worthless and the board at the AGM!. Not to mention the fact that there are 6000 shareholders I believe, and the board were reelected by only a small percentage of them!. I have to ...[/quote]

stop using such irritatingly over-dramatic language, please. its incredibly boring. no one has ''ruined'' city just by saying the board should stay. compare the current board with robert chase. it could be a hell of a lot worse. we go through a bad phase and, if we were to take the accumulated advice of all the negative posters on this board, every single senior player at the club, the management team and the board would all be out. in fact, if city were to pay attention to the negative posters on the board, norwich would only have david williams and rossi jarvis left at the club. and these are a lot of the same people who were claiming not long ago that continuity was what was needed at city, a la charlton. deary me.

Nicky I too have a number of shares which I was happy to splash out for, the club is being ruined by Worthy, lets look at the irrefutable evidence 12 wins from 60 games, this cannot be argued with.

Shareloders probably sat on thir hands at AGM because uncertain if voluble criticism of club would affect their status. 

Yes its very easy to knock the shareholders who were at the meeting, but you were not there.  Any criticism of Nigel Worthington seemed to be taken as a criticism of our board.  Like it or not that is the way that it appears to be taken and who wants to knock Delia and M W-J for what they and the rest of the board have done over the years.

I went along with eight or nine others expecting Nigel and the board to be under fire, but from the outset people stood up and backed the manager and the board.  Its very hard to go against the gain in front of so many others, I can assure you.

I came to the conclusion that maybe I might be in the minority wanting a change of manager.  Yes there are loads of people in the chat rooms calling for change but is that a true representation of the fans, you have to ask yourself?  Because I tell you what they are not exactly calling for his head at games are they?  

A small minority giving a lot of ''verbals'' won''t ever make a majority and the more aggressive the posts, the less likely the majority are to get involved.

And that''s the feedback I''ve had when I''ve asked people if they''ve commented on what is being said on here.

[quote]Those who backed Worthless and the board at the AGM!. Not to mention the fact that there are 6000 shareholders I believe, and the board were reelected by only a small percentage of them!. I have to ...[/quote]

First Wizard,

I was one of the 600 shareholders who attended the AGM. Taking the subject of your post literally you therefore think that I am one of the 600 souls who have ruined city.

Let me share some facts with you:

1. In the Autumn of 2003 I decided to invest some of my hard-earned money in NCFC at the time of the share issue. This contributed to the purchase of the players that secured our promotion in 2004.

2. In the Autumn of 2004 I had the opportunity to cash in my ''B'' preference shares and walk away with £200 in my pocket. I decided not to and so did hundreds of other shareholders. The money the board saved as a result of this contributed to the purchase of Dean Ashton.

3. By no means was there 100% support for Worthy at the meeting. At the beginning of the Q&A session the first questioner spoke at great length in support of the board and Worthy. In my opinion this went some way towards defusing what could have been a very tough meeting for the board and the manager. There were still enough difficult questions put to Worthy that made members of the board visibly squirm in their seats and drew applause from the floor.

Just so you know where I stand, I support the board. I haven''t always agreed with their actions, but I cannot think of anyone else I would rather have running the club.

I am also in the ''Worthy out'' camp. I felt that he deserved the chance to take us back up again following our relegation, but the recent performances at Luton, QPR and Wolves lead me to believe that he is taking us in the opposite direction. In my opinion he still remains a good and honest man and I hope he does the honourable thing and resigns.

I await your carefully considered reply to the above with interest.

[quote]First Wizard, I was one of the 600 shareholders who attended the AGM. Taking the subject of your post literally you therefore think that I am one of the 600 souls who have ruined city. Let me share ...[/quote]

Hi Phil.

Firstly, may I congratulate you on your finely worded post, it makes a refreshing change from the one line insult (you know who you are!) I can tell you.

You say Worthy is a fine and decent man, I have no argument with that statement at all, but as a football manager, I, like you it seems, find him totaly lacking in tactics and player motivation.

Where you and I differ Phil is the board.

I find Delia at times to be an embarrassment, true she has put considerable amounts of her hard earned money into the club, for which I and thousands of City fans are very grateful, but giving her near ''Saint hood'' is beyond the pale with me I''m afraid.

Her continued support of NW and her infamous ''letsbeavin you'' rant demonstrates her complete lack of football knowledge, and I have found some of her recent comments to be bordering on the arrogant!.

And that''s a shame, because like NW, she too no doubt has a good heart and is an honest person also.

But having those fine qualities is not enough in my book, failing to act quickly is just that.....failing.

Failure to remove NW from office, justifies removing her also, although as majority shareholder (we should have never got in that situation in the first place!) will be hard to do.

Anyone know of any rich Russians going spare?.

Dave (1st Wiz)

[quote]Hi Phil. Firstly, may I congratulate you on your finely worded post, it makes a refreshing change from the one line insult (you know who you are!) I can tell you. You say Worthy is a fine and decen...[/quote]

Hi Dave (1st Wiz),

Thanks for your reply.

Whilst I agree that Delia''s half time rant against Man City was embarrassing I think it was well intended.

Above all she is a genuine fan of the club and with her and the rest of the board in charge it feels like ''our'' club. I doubt that the majority of died in the wool Chelsea fans could say the same.

Phil

major point of issue here...if you are going to ''sack'' the board, then who will you replace them with ??? And if you can find someone to buy out Delia and Co (someone i might add who has to have the odd £10million lying around) would they be any better anyway?

We are fortunate to have a board who have the clubs best interest at heart even if we don''t always agree with them.