Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

How can Worthington be so so blind!?

I am absolutely livid at the story on the Pink''Un home page.  So Worthington has missed out on Primus and Eastwood.  Well whoop de bloody do.  I couldn''t give a s**t.  We need MIDFIELDERS Worthington.  We only have Jarrett who is fit and, last time I checked, he is shocking.  I am speechless. 

How can Worthington be so blind as to the midfield?  We could have Shearer and Owen up front and we wouldn''t score any more goals than we are now.  This is due entirely to the fact that we have no midfield.  Not once in the past few weeks have I heard Worthington say we need to strengthen the midfield and he''s looking to bring players in. 

How much longer do we have to put up with this joke?

You mustn''t let your bile cloud your judgement.  Certainly Primus and Eastwood are not current midfielders but Nigel has a plan.  Granted not very astute but Primus with Charlton in the middle might work, couldn''t it.  Freddy on the right wing.  Remember the tactical genius that is Worthy he sees things we don''t.

DD

Blimey mate, cool it, I think you know, as well as I, the midfield area is not a problem when you follow the sort of footballing philosophy as does one Mr W.

As long as Greeno can kick a ball to Ashton (or if and when they go two suitable replacements) then that is it, ball to goal in one easy move.  Midfield is just another line to help the aging/past it/out of position/inept defenders in the back four.

Sorry DD, but if you want to see a midfield go to Crewe away and watch them. In fact anyone but us.  To show how important this area is to Nigel just look at our pre season replacements for Francis.  Still looking .....  He knew Safri would be missing through Ramadan and the ANC (not forgetting the possibility of injury) so what do we have?  Brennan and Charlton substituting, Hughes brought in to replace Holt and as for wingers?

Yes, well, anyone who is a striker can go on the right, and on the left, Huckerby, who by his own admission, is uncoachable!

It would be funny if it were happening down the road

But DD don''t we miss out the midfield when we play the big hoof. Clearly with the big hoof we need defenders who can perfect the big hoof, Primus, and strikers who can run their guts out trying to get on to the big hoof, Eastwood. Clearly that UEFA coaching badge comes in handy when instructing your team on how best to play the long ball up to the strikers.

[quote]I am absolutely livid at the story on the Pink''Un home page. So Worthington has missed out on Primus and Eastwood. Well whoop de bloody do. I couldn''t give a s**t. We need MIDFIELDERS Worthi...[/quote]

A lot of eastwood goals come from him making runs from deep very much like a midfielder.

If my memory serves me right, didnt we have a similar situation in the 80s, but in reverse, when we wanted strikers but always seemed to buy midfielders? it used to drive me nuts then. it still does now!

Or is he looking to play primus in midfield?

I only support two teams..........Norwich and anyone playing ip"£$ch!

[quote]I am absolutely livid at the story on the Pink''Un home page. So Worthington has missed out on Primus and Eastwood. Well whoop de bloody do. I couldn''t give a s**t. We need MIDFIELDERS Worthi...[/quote]

I should just like to politely point out that now we have Etuhu in the ranks, then it appears that the only person who has their head in the sand on this thread is you, DD!

If you can''t keep all of your faith, then at least keep...

some of your faith...

Are we all assuming he will be played in midfield???  Any truth in the rumour he is Ashtons new partner?

He is a good siging, a little late as we should have signed one months ago, but he should have a big impact where we need it most, central midfield.  Just hope he is encouraged to get forward...

OTBC

Whoopee doo, one signing in midfield, three months too late! (And a player that can''t even get into his own team in the same Division as us).

Wow, we should be in raptures over this! 

you are pathetic link. nothing''s ever right is it? what do you want exactly? we tried to sign him before francis left. we couldn''t get him. you can only go for what''s available and in the end we got hughes and jarrett - 2 midfielders who at the time everyone thought would be good signings.

what would you have done? with safri and hughes injured we''ve done well to get someone on loan from a major rival. the fact that he''s not in their team means nothing and shows only your naivity.

do you actually think that just because a player can''t get in one team he can''t do a job in another?

i ask you again, what would you do? i don''t understand how anyone can not be at least encouraged by this signing and how they can just sit there with the same old miserable attitude. get some positivity in your life, it might help you in it.

[quote]Not overly. It''s taken him until well into November to do this. He should have done it months ago[/quote]

dd and others

what do you mean should of done it months ago didnt mr worthy sign jj marney hughes, jj not doing it marney injured hughes just not good enough, so he has gone out and got a new midfield which is what you and a lot of others wanted now you are moaning that hes not good enough.

city till i die

[quote]dd and others what do you mean should of done it months ago didnt mr worthy sign jj marney hughes, jj not doing it marney injured hughes just not good enough, so he has gone out and got a new midf...[/quote]

He went out and got JJ, Marney and Hughes.  That''s true King.  But with those signings he got our total midfield count up to 4!!  It''s been the weak link all season and he has waited too long to do something about it

haven''t you been reading the articles dd? turns out we''ve been after DE since before francis left. and assuming when you say we got our midfield count up to 4, you are talking about central midfielders, you should know by now we''re not a big enough club to have much more than 4 players for central midfield. you can''t legislate for marney and safri''s injuries, nor for jj struggling as much as he has. he can''t be that bad if jewell wanted to sign him on for Wigan in their premiership season. 

as i said to the pne fan who has been on here, this seems to be payback for our promotion season when absolutely everything seemed to fall for us and nothing went wrong. this time, everything is conspiring against us. We just have to keep our heads down and plough through it like the staff must do.

[quote]He went out and got JJ, Marney and Hughes. That''s true King. But with those signings he got our total midfield count up to 4 !! It''s been the weak link all season and he has waited too long to do ...[/quote]

To save you the trouble dd:

"The debacle at Wolves a week ago was the final straw, forcing Worthington to resume his chase for a player which stretches back more than a year."

Try not to get carried too far on that band wagon dd, you''re better than that!

It has been clear from about the Crewe game that the midfield was not going to be good enough without Safri - that is 3 months and 16 games ago; so yes he has reacted far too late, especailly as I and many others were able to predict, without the need for crystal balls or astrological skills, that the midfield was neither good enough nor big enough in number to succeed.

So yes it is a very welcome signing but it is also  too little and too late

OTBC

[quote]He went out and got JJ, Marney and Hughes. That''s true King. But with those signings he got our total midfield count up to 4 !! It''s been the weak link all season and he has waited too long to do ...[/quote]

Oh for Christ''s sake! The man can only get in what''s available and, even then, only if they actually want to come. How do you know he hasn''t seen midfield as a problem before just because he hasn''t seen fit to publically announce this? Do you know with 100% certainty he hasn''t bothered looking for other new midfielders before now? Would you have him bring in any old midfielders just to fill the gap, even if that means no longer being able to afford a decent player when one does become available?

You can have you opinion on Worthy''s tactics, but these "he should have got somebody with class for x, y, z position in before now" comments really annoy me when nobody knows everything that goes on behind the scenes.

[quote]haven''t you been reading the articles dd? turns out we''ve been after DE since before francis left. and assuming when you say we got our midfield count up to 4, you are talking about central midfielder...[/quote]

No a1.  When we signed JJ, Marney and Hughes that got our TOTAL midfielder count up to 4

http://www.canaries.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Squad/Squad/0,,10355,00.html

As you can see from the link above we have 4 registered midfielders.  Not just central midfielders.  4 overall.  We''ve been forced to play left backs (Charlie, Brennan) and strikers (Hendo, WLY, Hucks) in the midfield.  Fair enough Worthington couldn''t have legislated for the injuries to Saf and Marney.  However, if we had the squad of other clubs in this league we wouldn''t be in this predicament.

I''d be willing to bet you any money you like that you can''t find a club where it says on their official site that they have as few a midfielders as us