Sign in to follow this  
General Melchett

Top work Worthy!

Dickson Etuhu is a quality signing for us. Just what we need in the middle of the park to replace Damo. Just a shame we couldn''t get him in August. Just need to extend Davenports loan or sign him and bring in a good wide mid-filder similar to Harper/Cooper and perhaps a loan signing up front. Put all this in place and get everyone else fit and we suddnely have a decent squad. I just pray that Deano doesn''t get crocked!

otbc

His best work since.....   someone jog my memory...   must be dropping Flem..  before that are we looking at last season?

OTBC

I thought the signings of Colin, Jarrett and Hughes were generally well received. the jury is tsill out on two and seems decided already on one of those.

Lets see how things go and where he plays. I fear its just a bit of tinkering, but it might freshen things up a bit.

I actually think this is a top signing, so I will on this very rare occassion say well done to Worthy, thats right, well done.

Here''s a tip though Nige, he doesn''t play in goal!.

Why is he a "top class signing " , he is a championship midfielder which the team needs but top class is a bit over the top , as for well done Worthy , pity hes left it untill his job is on the line and our season is over before getting anybody in . Worthy always seems to see things months after the average fan has pointed out the same thing , Holt better than Safri , Fleming better than Doc or Shackell , Charlton ,Hughes and Jarrett not good enough for the midfield. Well done Worthy much to little way way to late.

...on the whole though, thinks could soon been taking a turn for the better. Etuhu is a good start.

instead of looking at next saturdays match with no real excitment and expected another defeat. i can now look at it with hope, in hope of a huge improvment in performance and results! Can Etuhu turn things around?

right midfielder has to be next on the list! 

Well done?????????? Lets see how the guy does 1st shall we? While Nige has made some astute signings in the past some have been diabolical. Kevin Frisby anyone?

Some people are never satisfied... with the window shut a loan is as good as it gets... and this should be welcomed...

Just give him a chance... you cant possibly judge him on what has been before...

Who had heard of Damo before he came?

Until proved otherwise Dickson is a god... so I have eight whole days to enjoy

And then reality will probably kick in... but until then... the job of a fan is to BELIEVE...

[quote]Why is he a "top class signing " , he is a championship midfielder which the team needs but top class is a bit over the top , as for well done Worthy , pity hes left it untill his job is on the line a...[/quote]

Premier:

No one is more anti Worthy than me, but I don''t see the point in coming down on a bloke when he gets it right, even if it is late!.

We can''t have it both ways, can we?.

And believe me, he is a top signing, trust me.

[quote]I actually think this is a top signing, so I will on this very rare occassion say well done to Worthy, thats right, well done. Here''s a tip though Nige, he doesn''t play in goal!.[/quote]

Top work Wiz!  Credit to yer, Big Man for putting your Worthy feelings aside on this one.  Good to see that you still have some of the old faith left.

all the best teams are about the right blend of players and that IMHO is where we started wrong at the start of the season, tho to be fair to Worthy, if Jarrett had been the player we hoped then maybe it would have been ok. Etuhu sounds like the type of player we have lacked. Big, strong, imposing and able to put the ball in the net too.

Come on you yellows

Well , I suppose its hard work  for the Worthy outers  to  grudgingly  admit that  Nigel might ... just might , have pulled off  an appropriate signing !    but the moan is that its a bit late , like he can see a player he wants , and , bobs your uncle ,  he arrives in a week or two !  apparently Nigel`s been after Dicko  for months !! 

There`s a touch of  deja vu  about this signing ,   Dicko   spawns from the  keegan era of Mancity   , as did Hucks  ... could it be that  Hucks has a hand in this signing ?

[quote]If Dickson is so good , why can''t he get into Preston''s team ????[/quote]

I understand its the same kind of reason why Francis couldn''t or wouldn''t get into ours before he left.........his agent maybe wanted a better deal for his client.

[quote]If Dickson is so good , why can''t he get into Preston''s team ????[/quote]

From what I hear he has fallen out with the manager at pne and desperately wanted to get away. I remember his performance in the last game of the promotion season when we beat them 3-2, he was class that day and scored a cracker, he also ran the show when pne won 4-0 at ipswich a few weeks ago. If he can recapture his form of a couple of seasons ago he will be a better player than Francis before he lost interest that is.

please will smeone tell me what the h**l is going on here . Is this a board for NORWICH CITY supporters or for personal vendeta''s against the manager?  This player has been targeted by Worthy for weeks and he has got him. It IS a good signing PLEASE get behind the team!!

[quote]Well Done Worthy now complete this weeks good work and resign.[/quote]

Isn`t that a contradiction in terms ??   saying  " Well done Worthy " , then asking him to resign !! 

Nobody knows if the new signing  will be  good or bad , Dicko , just like all footballers , have to create their CV`s with their feet , talks cheap , and there`s been plenty of that .

I think its a bit unfortunate  that Dicko is being described as the new Damo     ... like we NEED another  Damo like we need a hole in the head !   still , lets wait and see eh ?

This lad is only 23 put him along side Greeno, Ashton, the doc, Shakell,Davenport( if we keep him) and the other youngsters. Do you see a pattern.

The futures Bright - the futures yellow.

THAT IS UNLESS WE PANIC!! - know what I mean ?

[quote]please will smeone tell me what the h**l is going on here . Is this a board for NORWICH CITY supporters or for personal vendeta''s against the manager? This player has been targeted by Worthy for week...[/quote]

You need to ask that question, city r us? It''s been hi-jacked by the hysterical mob, who are trying to undermine everyone in the current NCFC set-up - not just the manager, but the board and all the players. Let''s take it back, and get back to reasoned and balanced assessments. A lot of us feel that there need to be improvements in the club, without wanting to crucify anyone.BTW, will we lose Etuhu in the ACN?

[quote]Well done?????????? Lets see how the guy does 1st shall we? While Nige has made some astute signings in the past some have been diabolical. Kevin Frisby anyone?[/quote]

nigel worthington has never signed anyone called kevin frisby.

[quote]You need to ask that question, city r us? It''s been hi-jacked by the hysterical mob, who are trying to undermine everyone in the current NCFC set-up - not just the manager, but the board and all the p...[/quote]

Hysterical?  Dont think so Old Boy; very concerned, extremely desolate, gravely depressed (GP says I am a lost cause) but not hysterical.  Poor management should nt be rewarded and we have seen spades of that from worthy over 18 months...  my time scale for him to demonstrate improvement and an ability has run out & your tolerance goes beyond mine, that all the difference is and neither of us is wrong with our view.

DE has the potential to be a top signing - young, imposing and disaffected at his current club he should be deperate to get his career going again and hopefully he can inspire my club to a very successful season.

I am not sure about the ACN but I am pretty confident that he is not a current member of the Nigerian squad so fingers crossed he will be present during those 6 weeks that Safri will be away.  Having said that we have a doubled edged sword - if he performs as well as we hope over the next 8 weeks then he could join up!!!  I am hoping he will be picked - it will show our club has improved beyond all recognition from the season so far...

OTBC 

ZLF - I don''t consider you " hysterical", and your opinions and mine are not so far apart. What I hate is the attitude that thinks it''s a rite larf to auction our captain, Hughes, on Ebay (not even very original) when he''s tried his best for us and played OK; which demoralised Gary Holt, who played a big part in bringing the team back from the dead, so much that he had to leave; and that hopes we lose games in order to get rid of a manager who was in charge when we had some great moments - making the play-offs and then winning the Championship.This is not the same as saying everything''s great - it isn''t. I remember saying in the play-off season that we need to start putting more emphasis on, and investing more in, the coaching side. I''m angry that we don''t appear to have done that, and I''ll continue to moan about that. I''m angry that we''ve got too many under-achieving lazy players. Supporting a football club doesn''t necessarily mean supporting the current manager or the current board or individual players, but it does mean not doing anything that harms the club. The most harmful thing of all is to undermine morale, and that''s what these people are doing, intentionally or not.