Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Worthy's done well!.

Yes, thats not a misprint, Worthy has done very well in getting Etuhu on loan/ppermeantsigning in January, and I''ll say well done on that.

Whether its too little to late, I''ll leave you to comment on.

But as a firm Worthy outer, I feel its only fair to acknowledge when he does do well. We can''t have it both ways can we?.

Now whether or not he''ll make any difference to our form remains to be seen, but tonight I DO feel a shade more positive than I did last night.

So thanks for that at least Nigel.

Good to see you giving credit where its due Wizard, although I know you do have chameleon-like qualities (which is why I renamed you Lizard, although I''m trying to stop that now....)As I said in another post, even if some supporters and players have stopped fighting, Nigels still hanging in there, coming off the ropes and delivering a pretty tasty uppercut in the form of Dickson Etuthu.Hes not out of the woods by any means, but I like to think positive, this could be the beginning of the comeback of the season.People talk about Safri''s injury, and yes, we''ve missed him big time, but his absence is eclipsed by the absence of McKenzie in my opinion. Dean and Leon were building a nice little partnership before his injury, I really think the best is yet to come from them.Whether Deano will stay remains to be seen, but again thinking positively, he didn''t sign a new contract this season for a laugh. Certainly he''ll have got a better deal, but the tradeoff for that is a bit of loyalty and from what I''ve seen and heard Dean Ashton is a decent bloke.With McKenzie partnering Ashton and a fully fit Safri partnering Ututhu we will look a different side, of that you can be sure. Lets just keep our fingers crossed that when they get fit they all stay fit.I''m not saying Worthy is indispensible, no one is, but hes our best bet for the time being unless we want to do an Ipswich and end up in administration as we reach for imaginary stars. There is always next season after all.

In the same spirit, 1st Wizard, thank YOU for showing that people needn''t hold a polarised position at all times. A lesson for many of us.I look forward to taking issue with your thoughts soon, however!

[quote]Good to see you giving credit where its due Wizard, although I know you do have chameleon-like qualities (which is why I renamed you Lizard, although I''m trying to stop that now....)As I said in anoth...[/quote]

Herb - I think many of us are geting a bit misty eyed at Leons absence.   I wont upset the club by speculating on the reasons why () but Leons early season form was seriously poor and we have not missed that Leon at all.   The issue is midfield and that is more accutely visible when Safri is missing which is why he has become so key to us - Dickson should ease that considerably.

What we have missed is Ashton having a consistent partner that he gels with - which is what Leon offered towards the end of last season.  Hux simply does not give Ashton the right sort of support as a striker and Henderson gives Leon like energy but seems physically too small to add the fighting presence leon gives and lacks the quality to interplay really well with Deano.  That takes us back to WLY who has linked well and for some inexplicable reason was dropped as Deanos partner just as it was working well.  He was moved to midfield, by passed,  and subsequently blamed for some poor results.  While Leon remains out our best option seems to be WLY with Ashton and DE supporting while Safri sits deeper. 

However I entirely agree that if we can get that end of season Leon back with Ashton we will be a better team - no question about that; the question is which leon will emerge from his lay off?

OTBC 

Good comments Wiz, What i have seen of Etuhu he,s a very good player, i think if we added a decent right winger to the equation then maybe the play-offs won`t just be a distant dream after all!

Good post Wiz - I think we all agree.Zipper - whilst I agree that Leon''s form was poor this season, what he does do is take some of the physical competition away from Ashton and always keeps defenders on their toes which helps Deano find space. No other striker has shown the physical capabilities or grit to do this apart from Leon.

He does look a good signing but lets wait to see how he does before we start to celebrate.

Still not sure why he was not playing regually for a struggling Preston side.