This is also very difficult as we''ve had plenty of players to chose from

Coney Beckford

Easton Holt Emblen llewelyn

Derveld Walsh Mcgovern Heckingbottom

Judas Scum (marshall)

Subs: Crichton Keith Briggs Lee Marshall De Waard Dalgleish

Manager Hamilton

Tried very hard not to include any of present squad

Shardy hang your head in shame for including Gary Holt in that list. That guy worked his socks off for us and was a massive part of the success of the last few years. Maybe he got found out a bit in the Premiership in part due to his horrific injury but I have enormous respect for the guy and expect a few people to re-evaluate their view of him given our current predicament.

Sorry al yellow I found him out the season after holt got player of the season I watched the mans every move on the pitch and although he did do alot of running he did little else, he couldn''t pass, tackle or control the ball Holt was awful, but this isn''t a holt rant so i don''t want to get started on that one sorry.

GK: Mark Walton

LB: Fernando Derveld

CB: Andy Brownrigg (The Next Dave Watson My Arse!)

CB: Victor Segura

RB: Carl Bradshaw

LM: Raymond De Waard

CM: Andy Rush

CM: Neil Emblem

RM: Shaun Carey

FW: Dean Coney

FW: Adrian Coote

MG: Nigel Worthington

shardy you''ve got my full backing, Holt was AWFUL!!!

Marshall

Briggs         Mcgovern    de waard    hecking bottom   (soz in wrong orders)

easton        holt       stuart      llewelyn

Abbey       notman

soz to include notman but he never scored sooo!!

[quote]shardy you''ve got my full backing, Holt was AWFUL!!! Marshall Briggs Mcgovern de waard hecking bottom (soz in wrong orders) easton holt stuart ...[/quote]

Gary Holt deserves far more recognition from NCFC supporters than to be nominated in a Worst NCFC team of all time.

He was outstanding in our play-off season and it''s hardly his fault that he was consistently picked to play in our premiership season when he was so obviously out of his depth or injured. 

Rob Henry , hang your head in shame - Worthy , worst manager ever ?! Ever hear of Bryan Hamilton or Gary Megson ?

On the others - Very harsh on Abbey and Notman given their injury blighted Canary careers.

How does Crichton make it - on the basis of never playing ? Not his fault that Greeno was first choice for his entire stay at the club. 

On what planet are if you you cannot recognise that before Holt lost it he was the driving force in our midfield and a player that , if fully fit , this team is crying out for ?

And since when did Raymond De Waard play at centre back ?

I haven''t given it a lot of thought but the names that spring to mind instantly for me are - Mark Walton , Trevor Putney , Paul Haylock , Louie Donowa , Robert Rosario , Shaun Carey , Phil Lythgoe and of course , our brand new ''Wigan desperately wanted to keep him'' Jason  Jarrett.

Watt

Sutch    Emblem  Walsh   Segura

Brady   Carey  Jarrett   DeWaard

Dalglish  Scott

Subs:

Whitley  Grant  Derveld  Akinbiyi  A.Marshall

+ In charge of clapping at end:  A. Hughes

Holt?

R u kidding me?  at his best, when we made it to the playoffs, thats what we need now.

true he ran a lot but better he tries than the rest which dont seem to anymore, he on his old form, would be perfect for us right now.

Holt does not even get close to the worst 11 and is an unfair slur on his contribution to our recent history.

Hansbury

Haylock     McGovern      Brownrigg     Derveld

Carey      Des Hamilton  Maguire       De Waard 

Ottoson       Coote

Gary Holt would be pretty close to getting in my best all-time NCFC XI. The guy is a legend. One of the most important people in getting us promoted (behind only Worthington and Huckerby I reckon). You need urgent psychiatric help if you want to put him in a worst XI. Hang your head in shame indeed.

Contenders for a worst XI - Simon Tracey, Kenny Brown, Victor Segura, Carl Bradshaw, Mike Milligan, Lee Marshall, Dean Coney.

or, as an alternative, what about a most-hated former player XI

Andy Marshall

Derveld Walsh Bruce Bradshaw

Sherwood Francis de Waard

can''t think of strikers. O''Neill? I always liked Bellamy....

1. Clive Baker 6-0 drubbing at Man City. He was appaling. He later joined ipswich.
2. Johnny Wright 2 back to back performances 5-1 and 6-1 drubbings at West brom and PORT VALE!!!!!! enough said
3. Fernando Derveld Concentration span of a goldfish. Huge and hopeless.
4. Shaun Carey Inept midfielder
5. Steve Walsh Parasite that had to be paid to leave. Absolute garbage. Totally the worst player ive ever seen in a Norwich shirt.
6. Willie Young
7. Karl Simpson sent off on debut. no discernable footballing ability.
8. Adrian Coote Trier, but out of his depth.
9. Trevor Benjamin oh my God!
10. Jason Jarrett. needs no introduction.
11. Des Hamilton

Subs. Simon Tracey, Garry Brady, Peter Thorne, Raymon De Waard, A N other.

With apologies to all the other forgettable individuals not mentioned here. Of the current squad, several escaped by the skin of their teeth, many by virtue of the odd good contribution to the club in the past. This bunch would probably still give the current team a run for its money.

As a team, the current crop must be up there, more so because of the talent that many of them possess!  Guilty as charged.

Marshall (for doing the dirty and not being able to kick straight)

Briggs     Docherty   Emblem    Derveld

Stuart            Carey       Jarrett          De Waard     

Beckford           Henderson

Subs:Walton,  Segura,  Rosario,  Whitley,  Newman

Management team:  Worthington/Hamilton

Hmmmm.  Wonder why so many Worthless signings keep popping up!

[quote]This is also very difficult as we''ve had plenty of players to chose from Coney Beckford Easton Holt Emblen llewelyn Derveld Walsh Mcgovern Heckingbottom Judas Scum (marshall) Su...[/quote]

you''ve got to be joking:

gary holt played some great football for us. he was a real hero for a three seasons.

neil emblen was simply unlucky with injuries, but not a bad player or signing, just an unlucky one.

in the dire hamilton era, llewellyn was the only one who wanted to play a lot of the time, and got a few goals from midfield in an incredibly poor team.

clint easton was never as bad as he was made out to be, just never as good as the players around him at that time.

mcgovern and heckingbottom were mediocre players, not bad ones. bad signings rather than bad players. the same goes for walsh (although, for him read ludicrous signing. we''d have been better to have brought back peter mendham)

andy marshall was player of the season the year he left, though i see where you''re coming from.

paul crichton hardly ever played a game, through no fault of his own. impossible to judge.

what did lee marshall do that was so bad?

Holt is truely awful!!

i could never praise him!!  ok he did ok for us play off season, becos he ran around like a headless chicken and nobody else did so ppl liked him.

but the last 2 years, he couldnt pass, never scored, has nothing on safri and sorry him and stuart in the middle would be a circus to watch

[quote]you''ve got to be joking: gary holt played some great football for us. he was a real hero for a three seasons. neil emblen was simply unlucky with injuries, but not a bad player or signing, just an u...[/quote]

Ok then kolin I''ve read your opinions of my opinions now lets see your opinions of the worst 11, this''ll be interesting

GK : Mark Walton

DF : Paul Haylock

DF : Paul Blades

DF : Spencer Prior

DF : John Devine

MF : Louie Donowa

MF : Jason Jarrett

MF : Shaun Carey

MF : Trevor Putney

FW : Robert Rosario

FW : Ross Jack

Near Misses  : Graham Benstead , Keith Briggs , Daryl Sutch , Garry Brady , Kenny Brown , Erik Fugelstad , Garry Brooke , Des Hamilton , Phil Lythgoe , Raymond De Waard , Simon Ratcliffe , Jim Whitley , Tony Cottee , Adi Akinbiyi , Dean Coney , Gary Rowell , Matthew Rush , Keith Scott , Mike Sheron.

Kevin Bond... took penalties... but ended up with a deficit when measured against his own goals... the only player to individually have a -2 goal difference...

Robert Rosario.. mentioned already but truly awful...

Keith Scott... now a horse grazing in Berkshire apparantly...

Drazen Muzonic... our messiah world cup player... er yeah.. right

Roger Hansbury... if only for the hair

Darren Beckford... ran fast but with his eyes shut

Chris Llewyn... bounced off him more times than he controlled it

Daryl Sutch... who else would you have wanted to take that pen in Cardiff...

Just some suggestions...

I''m really irritated by people who put Gary Holt in any Worst ever XI.  

To do so, just suggests that they never actually saw him play in 2001/2 playoff year, or indeed the season after.

Limited maybe, but hardworking, committed and usually effective, and a hell of an improvemnet over what went immediately before (Carey, Grant, Hamilton, deBlassis and even Marshall and Russell) 

Holt and Mulryne was in fact a decent enough partnership in a key area of the side to keep us very competitive in Div 1 for 2 seasons (6th and 8th). Yes he was out of his depth in the Premiership, but that doesn''t actually make him a bad player...and I''d still have him in prefernece to Jarrett and probably Hughes...   

So, note to new fans: we did exist pre-Huckerby, pre-Premiership... Some of us even watched the games...

i have to say guys, half these players i''ve never heard of, possibly because i''m 15 yrs old, possibly because they were truly awful!

we have had some unorthodox loan signings over the past few years aswell.

remember elvis hammond? peschisolido? cooper?

i think the marshall era was the worst, with needergard, de waard, lee marshall, llewellyn, forbes, bellamy, etc. i cant remember them all, although they were all here 5 years ago. shocking.

i think we have to thank worthy for our success over the past 5 years, from that to a premier team in 3 seasons isn''t bad going, even for good old norwich city!

p.s. check out my doherty chant!

[quote]i have to say guys, half these players i''ve never heard of, possibly because i''m 15 yrs old, possibly because they were truly awful! we have had some unorthodox loan signings over the past few years ...[/quote]

Matt Large - is your IQ the same number as your age? Nedergard was one of the best right backs the club''s ever had, once he got established in the team. We''ve never replaced him, even yet.Bellamy - the worst? Mmmm....Kevin Cooper - the warm reception he got from the fans when he played at FCR recently shows how wrong you are about that. He gave 100% while he was here, and he would have been useful at the moment.De Waard, Lee Marshall, Llewellyn, Forbes, Peschisolido, you have a point. But there''s stiff competition.

Gary Holt in a Worst 11???

What a complete load of pony.

Anyone that puts him in when we had the likes of Carey, Grant, Milligan, Marshall (L), Des Hamilton, Sutch etc etc all vying for that CM berth has terrible memory loss issues and needs counselling.

Watt

Sutch       Walsh       Segura       Develd

Dalglish      Carey      Grant(c)       De Waard

Coney      Sheron

Subs: Tracey, Kevin Scott, Bradshaw, Brady, Keith Scott

Unlucky to miss out; Walton, Devine, Llewellyn, Jarrett, Mortenson

[quote]Rob Henry , hang your head in shame - Worthy , worst manager ever ?! Ever hear of Bryan Hamilton or Gary Megson ? On the others - Very harsh on Abbey and Notman given their injury blighted Canary car...[/quote]

RE: Paul Crichton

Whilst he never got a game - ask anyone who works with the players and they''ll tell you that his personality off the pitch was one of the biggest morale boosters the club had ever had.

Firstly, to those of you who put Trevor Putney in their list, shame on you!  Did you ever actually see him play?  He ran around like a fox in the hen house, tackled like a nutter and was part of arguably the best squad we ever had week in week out. Utter rubbish

Rant over.

Next, out worst ever player is an absolute stonewall certainty, he polluted my weekends with his presence year after year, he couldn’t tackle, couldn’t pass was an absolute girls blouse about the park.  He made us the laughing stock of East Anglia, come on down Mr Daryl Sutch.  Never has there been a worse player for the City and that includes Willy Young and Ross Jack.  Sorry XXL I admire your loyalty to the club but had you have seen him more often your opinion would be very different indeed

Hansbury

Sutch (c)          Young              Walsh               Derveld

Rush                 Jack

Tracey

McGovern

Derveld

Sutch

Walsh

Holt

Muzinic

De Waard

Stuart

Coney

Akinbiyi.

Manager: Hamilton.

Apologies to all the Gary Holt fans out there but I too thought he was awful. Couldn''t trap a bag of cement.