Sign in to follow this  
AlexFord

Super Dixon

Hi Canaries, PNE fan here, I have heard about Super Dixon coming to yourselves on loan and thought I would give my opinion!!

On his day he is fantstic, strong in the tackle and makes fantastic runs forward supporting the attackers and can be a presence. However, he is very inconsistent and seems to go missing in games. He has never taken a game by scruff of the neck like Viera, which is what we all think he is capable of and certainly has a similar physique and for some reason needs to play alongside a strong defensive midfielder who can talk him through games and allow him the freedom to move as he likes. It''s no coincidence that he was by far at his most effective for PNE when he had Gregan besides him and hasn''t been the same player since he left.
I''ve no doubt with the right players and manager behind him he has the talent to cut the mustard in the premiership, unfortuneatly I just don''t think Preston is the right place for him.

Good luck with him it certainly looks like you need a new midfielder as it seems Ashton is the only person who can score goals!

Sounds like Safri could be just the man to play alongside and get the best out of Etuhu. Please with this signing as a player I have liked the look of for a long time. Hopefully coming to a new club will give him the boost he needs to reignite his form!

Bit late though - really could have done with him a few months ago!

thanks for the PNE view on him.   As Jim has said sounds like Safri could be a useful partner for him and Hughes for that matter.   My guess is Hughes will be playing right wing or right of a diamond though.

Looks promising, just hope it isn''t too little too late and we can''t rest all our hopes on one player to change the rest of the team.   I think we should rest some of those hopes though and who knows an inspired performance or two from Dickson could inspire the likes of Hux and Deano to start scoring again.

OTBC!!!

Thanks for the info mate.

I''ve got to say that on that description he sounds just like Francis!

Thanks for the info mate.

I''ve got to say that on that description he sounds just like Francis!

This is some very good and much welcomed news.  I will be particulaly happy should we bring him in, as its a name I mentioned some time ago in fans forum in the EDP!

My mind may be playing tricks on me, but i think he was prominent in the televised crushing of ippo at portman road, earlier this season. Preston were v. good that day, and ippo were crap. most enjoyable game ive seen this season.

Yes I saw most of that one, then drove to Stoke to watch us get well beaten!  I thought Preston could be the dark horse of this division on that performance. 

Hopefully he can start putting some performances in like that and fast!

your right he had a stormer against Ipswich so im sure he will become a fans favourite already with that background!! He also played very well and scored against Watford on the opening day of the season!!.

Good luck I hope things improve for you guys and Dickson makes an impression as the player deserves it!!

thanks alex, we look forward to seeing you guys down at cr this season - will never forget the game at the end of our promotion season! very strange type of game, played in a total party atmosphere. the pne fans were excellent and you guys were unlucky to leave with nothing that day. but everything went for us that year, and absolutely nothing is going for us this year!
that''s football i guess!

[quote]Hi Canaries, PNE fan here, I have heard about Super Dixon coming to yourselves on loan and thought I would give my opinion!! On his day he is fantstic, strong in the tackle and makes fantastic runs f...[/quote]

So he really is the new Francis

i really think this is a great signing for us. the player, and the situation, all sounds so similar to francis! not played consistent for quite some time, has got a lot of potential and shows real class on occasions. francis is now playing very well for his new team, and i would like to think this will be the same for him.We know we wont be lacking effort or commitment if he wants a move away, and will want to make a good first impression. so we might get to see the best of Etuhu that anyone has seen for a long time. safri and hughes has not really worked out, hopefully this will.

i''m suprised preston let him go, he couldn''t have been happy there. should be a great loan deal, probably permanent aswell. now we can play a diamond midfield.

[quote]Once again a good loan signing, but the downside is that young Rossi Jarvis, who was praised by Worthy after the Wolves game, is now likely to disappear from the scene. If you are Shackell, or the Ja...[/quote]

Thats always been in the back of my mind Fox ,  what REALLY happens to our players on the training field ?   I canT believe its solely down to Nigel  that  a players individuality becomes stifled , its more like the coaching " establishment "   knocking  such trendy ideas out of them ! after all .... we still have a " sports scientist " God help us !   

Once again a good loan signing, but the downside is that young Rossi Jarvis, who was praised by Worthy after the Wolves game, is now likely to disappear from the scene.  If you are Shackell, or the Jarvis brothers, or Henderson to a lesser extent, you must be wondering what you have to do to get in the team and stay there.

From what I have seen of Etuhu he is a good player, but there again he hasn''t been asked to play in the Infamous Worthy shape yet.  I still argue that you cannot name a player that has improved since having Worthy as a manager.

[quote]Once again a good loan signing, but the downside is that young Rossi Jarvis, who was praised by Worthy after the Wolves game, is now likely to disappear from the scene. If you are Shackell, or the Ja...[/quote]

Paul McVeigh was transformed from forgotten man to integral part of both playoff season and Championship-winning side under Worthy.

[quote]So, if he''s so good, why can''t he get into the Preston team?[/quote]

I think they call it falling out of favour with the manager.Just like our francis saga does not make him a bad player.Now he has joined a club with a good manager oops shouldnt of said that to you.