Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Contradictions!.

Roger Munby in this very pink sports paper, says at no time have they (the board) discussed replacing Worthy as manager of Norwich City FC.

Okay, fine.

So could someone explain to a thick old wizard, just why in Radio interviews when Worthy was talking after the last two defeats, he referred to his job being on the line?.

Something somewhere doesn''t quite add up, does it?.

Thoughts?.

Wiz!! although have posed a question ,I believe that you already know the answer!! Worthy will realise, that with the poor performances of the team, he, being a responsible and honest manager who has made a few tactical mistakes, realises that his job must be on the line because that is how football is run at most clubs.

Ultimately he is seen as the fall guy.  This fact puts him, or even a manager in the Venables class in an untenable position, especially when player-power is exercised in an open or underhanded way, saying all the right things, backing the boss to hilt, and underperforming purposefully.

They, the players can, as we all realise, make it very difficult for a manager to enforce rigourous training programmes, such as was the norm in the Ron Saunders days.

When a group of spoilt kids who are securely in the comfort zone and being well paid for it have difficulties coming to terms with doing the right thing, such as putting their backs into the job on the football field for their own self respect and the pleasure of a performance for the fans, for whom they seem to have little respect, a manager has no chance.  I fail to see the argument that it is up to the manager to motivate what we are supposed to recognise as grown men. We were seventeen year olds in the trenches we did,nt need motivating, we were **** scared, with only one direction to go in, and with bad fortune could pay the ultimate penalty, for our lack of application, perhaps that is the sort of motivation that they need, instead of a luxurious chant from your fans, of "On the ball city". Best wishes WIZ!!!!

Very simple really, But I will spell it out .

If the team of staff that I manage at work were under performing all of the time, I would feel that my job was on the line, especially being in charge of them.

There always has to be a "figure head" and the blame does fall on this person although the "Manager/Team leader/Chief/Person in charge/ Headmaster/ head Mistress etc etc....." can only do their best to motivate and advise those in the lower peer group.

There you Wiz a very simple answer to a simple problem.

The players are NOT doing their bit! 

If RM is saying at no time did any of the board discuss the possibility of the removal of Worthy during the recent bad run then frankly I just don`t believe it.

When Delia and he husband released their statement its obvious they would have talked about it with at least one other board member.

To release the statement means they must have discussed/thought about the "situation" in some form.

[quote]If RM is saying at no time did any of the board discuss the possibility of the removal of Worthy during the recent bad run then frankly I just don`t believe it. When Delia and he husband released the...[/quote]

The board would have had to be living deep down a  cave somewhere not to have had knowledge of  a general  call for Nigels head , USA canary ....  they issued a statement to say that the question of Nigel  being sacked was not on the agenda , this  wouldn`t mean  that they haven`t discussed  the calls for his sacking !

I cant see why RM''S remark is an issue, because Worthy and all the posters, fans etc. are aware of any managers situation reguarding employment and its contractual niceties when viewed in the light of the current teams performances; as RM said, they have not, and IMO they are unlikely to discuss NW''s replacement until his dismissal or resignation takes place. There will be no need to do so, because if he is dismissed money will be an issue, and knowing NC board it will be an in house replacement with as little upheaval as possible, and the only money that changes hands will be Worthy''s compensation package.  I am pretty sure that survival is the object of the club at the moment and it will be done  with Worthy at the helm, or there will be a face saving offer for Worthy to move upstairs, to a director of football position, and a step up for one of the present staff if survival is established in MHO.

As Tommy Doherty once said, the only thing you know for certain when you join a club as a manager is that one day you will get the sack! There are very few exceptions to this.

bit late I know, but i have just had the unfortunate pleasure of reading yesterdays pink un. Apparently the board have never talked about sacking Nigel. Erm, why the hell not ?? But old Roger Munby ain''t as clever as he thought he was. After declaring that Nigel''s sacking has never been talked about, he then followed to say that every factor surrounding the clubs poor start has been discussed....Hmmm doesn''t make sense. They even released a press statement and they call for honesty! Anyway this years finances have been calculated on Norwich''s worst case scenario....mid table. Now in plain English that includes positions 1-12. Are we there or look like we are gonna be there....Mass debate ensues! After agreeing that any purchase of Ntuhu will wipe out any cash for players, and having previously declared that injuries have hampered our start (due to squad size and quality..me says) how can he possibly add that we don''t need to sell key players. The painful reality is that if any of our first choice gets injured we are like the Dog and Duck on a sunday morning...and if the last two seasons is anything to go by we gonna have plenty of injuries. Don''t need to sell ? True ? Are we gonna need more players ??? Absolutely. The only question I come up with is should ol Nige be trusted with the cash of any likely sale of Ashton ???