Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Hope Springs Eternal

Amazing isn''t it? At a stroke, the world suddenly seems a better, brighter place. Now, all the miserable gits may be right, Dickson may prove to be a pile of pants, but just imagine if he isn''t ...

I really believe this is just reason for optimism. When you really think about it, the injuries really have been quite incredible; O. K.,so there is only one really outstanding midfielder at the club (Safri), but he''s been out or not fully fit thus far, as has Hughes, who will at least try to motivate others, while Marney & Jarrett desperately need the confidence of knowing someone like Safri is there for them. Marney just seemed to be coming into some sort of form when he got injured - I remember the commentator saying "another excellent ball from Marney" several times during that match. Anyway, what this now means is that, please God (apologies Vicar) there should always be at least one class act in midfield & if they''re both available ...!!!

I also think this will actually help players like Rossi Jarvis, as there will undoubtedly be opportunities for him throughout the season, & he should have an assured player alongside him.

I suspect people assume it is much easier to get good players in than is actually the case. This is potentially an excellent signing. Perhaps SuperNige can pull the rabbit out of the hat after all!?

But who knows. Whatever, I can''t wait for next Saturday!!!

[quote]Amazing isn''t it? At a stroke, the world suddenly seems a better, brighter place. Now, all the miserable gits may be right, Dickson may prove to be a pile of pants, but just imagine if he isn''t ... I...[/quote]

Agree - potentially a top class signing and a chance for us to move forward as a club.  I am so desperate I will clutch at any straw.