Sign in to follow this  
GPB

worthy will go....it's only a question of time

Worthy will go . That''s it. debate it all you like. Frankly no-one cares anymore.

Look at historical fact. No manager in Worthy''s position this far into the season has survived. Doesn''t matter who has which opinion . He will go.

The only debate is.... when?

Football is a results based industry. Worth''s results have not been acceptable for two years. That''s it. No debate.

So why do we debate these things? 1. Not many people on this board understand the game. They think they do . But they don''t. My granddad watched footie all of his life. But he didn''t know the game. Lots here fall into that category.

2. The Topics that survive on here are mainly banal. "Who was the best team over the last 50 years". Who cares. Lots of opinion. Very little fact. Not interested.

The fact is Worthy has lost the results. He will go. Sadly City will probably go for David Williams or even Steve Foley. Disaster. Pick a manager  (Rioch?)to come in and pick up the players, sell a few, buy a few (in January obviously ) and we might make the playoffs.

Don''t bother responding. Add to the threads like "Delia is to blame" or "I think Boyer was better then Townsend". Nobody will get this . We should play 442 or the diamond. with Hughes in the team we could play against one player and still lose. He''s not good enough. Neither is Marney. The End.

Worthy will go . That''s it. Quote me at Christmas (hopefully). I know. He will be gone.

I agree wholeheartedly certainly he will go, his position is untenable, has too much baggage to carry.

But if anyone lets up on the vitriol the pro Worthy brigade will take that is acceptance of the low standards we seem prepared to accept.

Supporters are a passionate bunch even if Worthy isn''t, we have to vent our spleens somehow in print is somewhat cathartic, and is preferable to physical violence.

The pc is mightier than the sword, and makes me a little happier.

Worthy out by Xmas Delia now that would be a present.

I sincerely hope you are right GPB.  I only pray that it is sooner rather than later.  If Worthington goes in the next few days/couple of weeks, we may still have a chance of making the play-offs.  If he doesn''t go until Christmas, we''ll have no chance

I do feel that I should offer a small apology for the slightly aggressive tone of my post. Truth is I have had enough and my anger, passion, and a small tincture of French Grape did lead to a curt mail.

I do stand by the sentiment though. Too much debate is not a good thing (although I completely agree with the poster thus far and thank them for their responses), and it does drive me mad that so many "best 11''s" and "My neighbour knows Iwan Roberts Aunty" does fill up valuable , proper information flow.

A few months back I questioned the role of Livermore. It got about two responses. Had I included him in an "all time XI" I would have had word from all over the world, not to say Mystics from Gorleston. 

This board should be the Daily Telegraph of it''s kind not the Daily Mirror.

I think you are nbeing a bit harsh. Not all teh threads can be the heavy stuff, we need a break from time to time!!

One hard piece of hard information I would like is to see a training plan or understand what happens at Colney. Nobody has ever provided much input on this and many of us are convinced that the roots of the problem lie there, exacerbated by NW''s managerial approach. Surely somebody must know what goes on, what they practice, how they get taught formations, set pieces, marking skills, dribbling etc.

[quote]I think you are nbeing a bit harsh. Not all teh threads can be the heavy stuff, we need a break from time to time!! One hard piece of hard information I would like is to see a training plan or unders...[/quote]

Tumbleweed

With regards to what goes on at Colney, all I can tell you is so far this season I have been to watch training five times, three on Friday, twice on Tuesday and they train from about tenish to twelve thirty on Tuesdays and till twelve on Fridays.

Some work is done on corners, shooting practice (goalies get their own coaching to start with then Greeno joins in the five or more a sides at the end).  They do a bit of fitness work to start with and then it''s mostly games.  In fact one Tuesday we went up there they just played game after game with no individual coaching at all.

What goes on on other occasions I can''t tell you about, but they all troop off after a nice lunch to be seen in the city''s various retail outlets or Green''s Health Club.  Once spotted Mr and Mrs Worthy in a very select restaurant in St Giles!!  No, I wasn''t going there for lunch sadly

Of course a certain amount must go on behind closed doors I guess, but training itself would not exactly tax an averagely fit person and the amount of technical stuff practiced is minimal. Never seen any dribbling exercises, not since Walker was manager!!

Hope that helps answer your question.  Would love to go up there more often, but alas, some of us do have to work!!

I have also watched the side training twice this season with my kids. During Monday of half term week, after QPR, the emphasis was on defending. Not getting caught out of position at the back. Following the runners, anticipating passes,cutting them out. They were awful. A group of five forwards, inc Hucks, separately played keep ball. Hucks wanted to join the main group and moaned about it a lot, but wasn''t let in. Injured Jarret was limited to jogging round the pitches. He kept acting like a prat. Seems a show off who thinks he''s better than he actually is.

Hughes was really made to work, chasing everything in the midfield. Flem was in his new RB position.

I came to the conclusion, after such a close inspection, that the defence isn''t good enough to stop shipping goals. Don''t we know it.

GPB :- you may have a problem with best XIs and other admittedly trivial subjects but would you like to consider for a moment that for some its merely light relief from the ubiquitous Worthy in, worthy out shake it it all about posts...

worthy will go....it''s only a question of time 

Of course it is inevitable, up there with the only certainty in life is that we will all die - its just the no one knows when...   As far as I can guess the earliest we will see Mr Worthington depart NCFC for the last time will be Jan, but likewise he could be here for another 3 years.   I am pretty confident he will not be here in 5 years time - but that is not beyond the realms of possibility.

If we cant debate whether worthy should be manager (the biggest issue for the club currently whichever side of the fence you are on) then surely everything is banal?  In that case we may as well shut the message boards down now.

Surely there is something more stimulating you could be doing?

OTBC

That''s scary gazza and aviator. Probably explains why we have done so poorly for so long now. Doesn''t sound like much of a "work ethic" either, more like working up an appetite for a nice spot of luncheon and an afternoon in front of the telly.