Sign in to follow this  
grinner

rivers, easton,briggs.

these players are not in nw plans,now or in the future.it seems to me.so it must be a good time to off load these guys ie mid season.then spend their savings on a lone player or two.who could make all the differance to our big push to the promise land .it seems the above guys will not be here much after the end of season any way.

Defensively Edworthy is brilliant. However, he is not good going forward and he punts the ball down the wing to no-one, all the time.

Are you sure you mean Edworthy Snake Pit cos what I can recall of posts on this site people seem to be very impressed and what I have seen of him I can only agree.

Well were you at Everton on saturday Bomber?

If you were im sure you would agree-he got turned inside out all game and his disribution is getting as bad as Mackays!!

Snake Pit R
I am getting worried about you-you never seem satisfied these days. Edworthy by any standards has performed well as any member of the team and has probably been the second or third best player for the last ten games. Just because he had an average game at Goodison is no reason to say the jury is out Hucks has had a couple of bad games also. As for Mackay-he may look crude at times but look at how many goals the defence has let in-they are the meanest in the league. Players have bad games posters to this website sometimes have bad posts possibly due to illness, in your case a lttle bit of verbal diorrea perhaps given the number of posts you have made today. Hope you are well soon.

We dont want to be letting all our second choice players go, as if I recall Worthys main worry a few weeks ago was that the squad was to small to cope with many injuries or suspensions lets wait until the end of season and assess where we are then hoefully the prem

Happy 2004 to all posters

Edworthy is a fine 1st division player - not sure how he''d cope in the Premier. He was horribly exposed by Mcveigh against Everton though, so had a lot of work on his hands - I thought he did pretty well considering. Briggs, thus far has looked pretty good and Edworthy hasn''t many years left so he''ll be one for the future.
I don''t see anyone leaving apart from Rivers - I really don''t think Worthy likes him anymore. Don''t be surprised to see Harper back soon.

Rivers has to be on his way as he has got value and presumably is on relatively high wages.

I think he is great but if Worthy doesn''t like him he might as well leave.

We need utility defender cover and ideally a playmaker for the middle. Yes I like Mulryne but something is not quite right at the moment (injury, personal problems?) and we need another clear head.

But if nothing happens we can still do it with what we''ve got!

Hey ..Edworthy was left exposed a lot he often had Kilblaine and Graverson and the full back to contend with. Kilblaine is a world class player..MCviegh didn''t in the 1st half give him any cover or much support.. Edworthy has been one of the best things.. fitted in so I don''t think we missed steeno quite as much as first thoiught

If as many seem to think on the message board that Rivers is on his way. whose wonderland are we going to be walking in?
It seems to be governed by syllables rather than ability so I presume we are looking at Fleming, Drury, Jarvis or Svensson. What do people think?

I think Edworthy is a good player, along with his under study Briggs(who hasn''t really been giving a chance to establish the position as his own) and i also think a few fans are still in Kenton/ steeno land!. Edworthy has done well since his arrival. People keep on about how the back four are so solid, so where has this doubt come from? The Everton game was not a true reflection on how City would cope with life in the Premiership. City had a small matter of PROMOTION!!!!! to also think about. Yes i think the step up is widening, but the team that win promotion is not necessarilly the team that play in the Premiership. The reason that Edworthy is a little shakey in pushing forward and playing a telling ball is that in previous matches Hendo has not made any runs to give a valid option. As for Rivers I like him. He is a player that needs games to build confidence, he is a good player to have in a not so big squad. As for Easton BYE BYE!!!!!!!

Lets hope that the 3 points are ours on Saturday. OTBC

The three players in question are all of a different category. Rivers has obvious talent, but for some reason isn´t performing to the best of his ability. That, coupled with a prob. fallout with Worthy means he will have to seek another club to regain form. Easton has never convinced at this level, and is well down the pecking order now and should be released (don´t agree with the barracking though, it doesn´t help them). Briggs hasn´t been given a fair crack of the whip yet - I think he is good, and may well have some part to play this season. I am afraid there is no place for sentiment in football (apart from injuries of course), and Roberts should be released, firstly to allow younger talent to have a chance and secondly to allow some of his wage bill to be used for someone who can play every game for 90 mins - they are professionals for Christs sake, if he was 45 I could understand it!