Sign in to follow this  
shardy

Mark Bowen and Adam Drury

Judging by my post re:- NCFC dreamteam of all time I think it''s safe to assume that we all think Mark Bowen was the best left back we''ve ever had wasn''t he great, eye on the ball at all times superb.

I actually think Drury is very similar to Bowen, although his concentration does wonder from time to time. I do think he''s got the makings of one of the best left backs we''ve had.

Come on you yellows

While Adam Drury is a good football player, he will never in my opinion have the skill and technical ability of Mark Bowen. He is often too guilty of losing his concentration and the amount of space he gives puts us under a lot of pressure.

On the flip side I cannot recall him playing any suicidal backpasses which used to be Bowens unwanted trademark!

Although I never had the pleasure of seeing bowen play, i have heard enough good things to be a fan.

Drury for me is becoming more complete, in 2001-02, he was learnin and over the last few years his won me over big time and wouldnt consider anyone else for that left bacl place, his link up with hucks works well as he has the ability to cover the crazy but great antics of hucks.

his only weakness if anything is his tenderness to warn off a challenge to the last minute which always haves me thinkin a penalty is on the cards, but credit to the bloke, he always makes the challenge and its always a joy to see him slide someone t***tin into the barclay

As much as I like Drury, he is not (and I can''t ever see him being) as good as Bowen was.  Bowen is one of the best the left backs I have seen in my lifetime and together with Culverhouse they are probably the best pair of full backs I have seen together in a team.

They were both good footballers and were an integral part of the attractive

We will be lucky to ever have another left back as good as Bowen, the way he used to just time his tackles to perfection and come away with the ball time after time was really something.

I''ve never seen anybody tackle so well and stay on their feet at the same time - one or two of the current squad could do with lessons in this area.

Mark Bowen was also a tremendous attacking full back and his positive runs and superb crosses would put most of City''s current crop of wide midfielders to shame. The linking with David Phillips was a joy to behold and only Ashley Cole comes near Bowen as an overlapping full back.

IMO Drury played his best in the championship winning season when Barry Fry''s claim he was the best left back outside the Prem rang true. Still good, but like other players this year, something is missing. He is easily the best left back since Bowen, although I remember Kenton made an impressive debut in that position. Bowen though was a class act and overall shades Drury for me.