Sign in to follow this  
shardy

Why are we prepared to moan rather than praise

Just an interesting point I have noticed, I posted 2 topics 4 or 5 days ago asking for your best and worst city teams and I am quite amazed at how many more replies I have had to the worst team compared to the best team, why is this?

Is it because we would rather have a good old moan at the bad things, rather than praise the goods things that happen?

Or is it because we are a nation of moaners, or a message board full of moaners, or is it easier to pick out the worst city side or just more fun.

Because Shardy most people are''nt happy unless they are moaning - hence why I don''t come on here so much these days.  If we won the European Cup they would moan that we also did''nt win the premiership.  I personally got fed up with coming on here to hear moans about this player or that player or Worthy this Worthy that.   

[quote]Because Shardy most people are''nt happy unless they are moaning - hence why I don''t come on here so much these days. If we won the European Cup they would moan that we also did''nt win the premiership...[/quote]

Couldn''t agree more, Navman.  The reason the general mood on here amongst posters is negative, is largely due to the fact that people who want a positive outlook, give up whilst the negs stay around.

[quote]Just an interesting point I have noticed, I posted 2 topics 4 or 5 days ago asking for your best and worst city teams and I am quite amazed at how many more replies I have had to the worst team compar...[/quote]

Personally I only moan when there''s something to moan about.

16th position, 5 wins, 24 goals conceeded, very poor performances etc etc

The list is endless so I feel that moaning is currently fully justified.

I rest my case.

Personally, i only posted on the "Worst player" thread to highlight the fact that unless you have the memory of a goldfish, Gary Holt does not deserve to be anywhere NEAR a Worst 11 list.

Shardy, you claim to have watched him constantly for 90 mins each game - try that with any other player (especially someone like Drury or Huckerby) and see how well you think they do. Go on, give it a try, you''ll never see them in the same light again!

And the reason I haven''t posted on the "Best 11" is because it is depressing that we have had such wonderful talents as Crook, Bowen, Sutton, Eadie, Woods, Linighan and now we don''t.

Not just because we''re all negative.

Hi mook I''m not having a go at any one individual poster on this site it was just something that was, I thought, an interesting observation from my two posts at the time of writing this post the worst 11 was on page 4 and the best 11 had 8 replies that was all.

But as you have asked me have I watched any other players for the whole 90 mins, I must admit that I haven''t, but I have watched all of our players for long spells through games.

I would say that with Drury he overlaps alot of the time but most of these overlapping runs he runs into Hux''s runs and then you''ve got the 2 of them in the same place, so Drury then has to backtrack making his run a waste of time. I put this down to a misunderstanding between Hux and Drury or not enough work on this area in training.his defensive work I believe is very good although he is sold the odd dummy, but generally more times than not he''s got his eye on the ball, making him very difficult to get past.

On Hux, well he''s not the player he was when he first joined making great runs beating players then putting in great balls into the box for simple tap ins. most of his runs this season tend to end up with him being tackled, overstepping the ball or his crosses being blocked by his nearest defender. I think he''s trying to win the matches all on his own and not playing a team game anymore, but I think it''s down to the pressure of the situation we find ourselves in at the moment. He''ll come back to his best I''m sure.

Nothing more to say about Gary Holt that chapter is over for me.

Come on you yellows

[quote]Couldn''t agree more, Navman. The reason the general mood on here amongst posters is negative, is largely due to the fact that people who want a positive outlook, give up whilst the negs stay around.[/quote]

The whole point is that there is little positive to say about the team at the moment.

Personally I think we have a good squad of players who should be up in the playoff positions at least.

I think they lack leadership/belief/direction and the correct tactical skills to get the best out of them.

The best managers can take little talent and have success.

IMHO our manager has taken good talent and had little success.

Thats not negative or positive but factual.

Fair enough, Shardy, the Holt era is now over and not before time as he was past his (IMO glorious) best.

But just watch how many times Drury gets the ball, looks around, then aimlessly chips the ball up the line taking the pressure of himself but putting it straight back on the team.

INFURIATING! He desperately needs to work on his distribution.

And Hucks waiting for Drury to bring the ball to his feet instead of making a run, well, that drives me insane. As does his policy of being permanently offside.

I am not saying you are wrong about Holt. I am saying we have eleven players on a team, and if you study them all you will find painful flaws in all of their games.

This is the coaches job. Look at what Mourinho has made from the showboating Joe Cole.

A good coach can get the best out of his players - this might be why people moan rather than praise.

I don''t think that''s true.  As fans we have the right to voice our opinions.  The players and management get the praise when we do well.  I''m sure if you looked back to threads of two years ago you would find 4/5 threads being positive and praising the players.  They have to take the rough with the smooth

Being relatively new to this forum I have to say I have been surprised at the level of negativity, having read a number of the posts it appears that all our troubles will be over if we get rid of Delia, Roger Munby, Nigel Worthington, all the Norwich shareholders, drop Huckerby etc (Just a few of the views posted - sounds like a recipe for disater to me). People have even began to judge our new signing before he kicks a ball!!. I respect the right of individuals to express their views but I personally prefer to put being 16th in The Championship into context.