Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Why I hate Luton

The championship is full of innoculous teams who we take too lightly because we haven''t heard of most of their players and sort of respect their supporters as real fans. They see Norwich as a big club with players who have played in the premiership and a match with us is an occasion they want their players to rise to. This has to change, let''s want to annihilate the opposition, Luton is a good team to begin with.

Ten reasons why I hate Luton:

1). They ended out 1959 cup run after we had already beaten the best opposition.

2). This season at their place.

3). For always being featured on our regional TV sports bulletins and programmes. They didn''t even qualify for the ''Willhire Cup'' remember. (You can include Northampton Town in this too).

4). For ''Match Of The Week'' with Gerry Harrison. As a lad I thought Luton was somewhere local as their matches were always featured.

5). Tinkering with the plastic pitch concept.

6). For occasionally wearing orange.

7). For being a place associated with the mist ridiculous looking car of all time: the Vauxhall Chevette.

8). For being one of three places in the UK with the same name when there is only one Norwich.

9). They are Mercians. Eastern Angles unite and cast these invaders back whence they came.

10). Have you been there? Enough said.

Yes, three points are vital, but at this moment in time each match is a cup final, let''s show this bunch what a real match atmosphere feels like and drive our lot to bust a gut whether they want to or not.

I used to live in Luton.

It is quite possibly the most horrible place in the galaxy.

How dare you, Rudolph - my first car was a Vauxhall Chevette.

Don''t forget that game at FCR in the late 80''s when they scored two in the last couple of minutes to snatch an ill-deserved draw. I''ve always hated them for that and their old chairman David Evans - he just reminded me of Chase.

I agree. Luton is definitely part of that famous ''axis of evil''.. along with Watford and Milton Keynes obviously.

Have I been there?!!!   As a young man I was the Manager of a sports shop in the infamous Arndale Centre, a character building experience, but not necessarily one I would recommend nor wish to go through again

I spent 2 years working there, although I commuted from Norwich as I refused to move closer to it.

The place is a dump, full of really weird people. I''d like to be more truthful but I''ll probably get modded.