Sign in to follow this  
Canaries for Ever

David Wright on loan

Can someone tell me why we have signed another right back? As i''m confused, it''s obvious our problems have all been in that position!

I''m thinking worthys tried all other loan possiblitys and can only get wright? better than nothing i spose.

Can he play in midfield? (if he can''t worthy will make him, ie charlton!)

I thought one of the few areas we had seen a decent performance from was Colin at Right Back??  Obviously Mr Worthington sees it differently!  After all the bluster about a ''settled'' side being needed we are bringing in two loan players and declaring that they are going straight into the squad for Saturday, which seems slightly to contradict the earlier arguement about a settled team bringing consistency?

On a secondary point, these new forums are not working correctly, half of the ''quick links'' and ''reply'' buttons are missing as the right hand border cuts them off!  Oh and those tacky teenage ''msn messenger'' emoticons.......eeeewwww!

[quote user="JC"]

I thought one of the few areas we had seen a decent performance from was Colin at Right Back??  Obviously Mr Worthington sees it differently!  After all the bluster about a ''settled'' side being needed we are bringing in two loan players and declaring that they are going straight into the squad for Saturday, which seems slightly to contradict the earlier arguement about a settled team bringing consistency?

On a secondary point, these new forums are not working correctly, half of the ''quick links'' and ''reply'' buttons are missing as the right hand border cuts them off!  Oh and those tacky teenage ''msn messenger'' emoticons.......eeeewwww!

[/quote]

I agree it makes no sense even after the confirmation of MLJs further injury (yet another on the training ground!) - if our coffers are so low why oh why are we wasting money on a back up players when Flem can give cover if Colin gets injured and we can then loan in Wright if that eventuality happens?  My money is on Wright starting within a couple of games in place of Colin, who I agree has looked OK for most games especially bearing in mind the step in acclimatising to the change in pace of the game in this country.

Our weaknesses remain in midfield (wide right in particular) where a lack of quality and cover have cost our season dear.  With Leon & Thorne still injured we could have even strengthened the strike force first to easy the burden on Ashton but a 10th defender at the squad is surely overkill???[+o(]

OTBC

this might actually be a smart move from worthington. If MLJ is fit, play David Wright at right back and then place MLJ on the right flank.

anybody know if MLJ is far from fitness?