Sign in to follow this  
Tim Dawson

Touch of genius by Worthy?

Like most of you today i was at first baffled by our on loan ranger from Wigan David Wright, that was until a chance conversation with someone in my office who is related to the Crewe midfielder Kenny Lunt, it would appear that Dean Ashton and Mr Wright are best mates!

It has been noted that Deano has struggled to settle, could it be that Worthy has brought Wright in as very capable cover for right back and centre half, but also to help Mr Ashton feel a bit more at home, return of confidence of form maybe. Just a thought but i would be interested to see what you all think out there.

A touch of genius?  Are you sure you are confusing the combination of genius and Worthy?  [*-)]  I think he has brought him in because he wants him - nothing else.  Not sure why personally, but there you go.  

Worthy would have done better over the last two weeks working with the players he has had all season on WHY they were not performing to their potential and some old fashioned football coaching - simple things like passing, work on corners (attacking and defending of such), working as a team etc.  I hope the two new signings work for the club, but think the main problems go far deeper than a couple of injuries.

Anyway, time will tell I suppose.