Sign in to follow this  
beelsie

Whingeing Footballers

I’M FED UP WITH WHINGEING FOOTBALLERS

Now, again, we hear the excuses from Huckerby this time" which he says "they’re not" He praises the new signing, and immediately bursts into whinge mode, about injuries, and players that cannot perform in midfield, and performances that would have been good if we could turn out a settled side.

Do the so called team of footballers not realise that the supporters only require the team as selected to turn out on the field for a complete ninety minutes and give of their best without falling asleep for different periods in the game. We require him, and others to defend when required and make themselves available to their team- mates, to move up and down the field without leaving unprotected gaps. To play, as if there might some kind of cohesion, or plan of approach to the game.

Then a side swipe by Hucks, at Worthy saying "his job is to get us playing better together, and it’s difficult because we’re trying our best". I say, if that’s your collective effort it’s not good enough!!!

When are we going to get a group of footballers, who can deliver a dead ball accurately, who have a first touch that comes off at least fifty percent of the time on the move. Who can kick accurately with both feet, who can arrive in sufficient numbers in the penalty area to make a difference; and are awake enough to spot when they are in offside positions.

Yes!! Norwich City it sounds remarkably like a professional tennis player who has in the skill section of his CV "can only make an overhead smash, and play forehand shots". Or a plumber who could’nt be expected to bend pipes.

I doubt whether there would be too many Agents looking for their signatures. These skills I have mentioned are basic to their trade /profession and it is up to them all to turn out for an extra hour each day after scheduled training to at least satisfy their own personal pride in performance that they personally are up to speed, and capable of at least doing the job that they are paid for.!!!

I detect a certain amount of anger!!, seriously I agree with a lot of what you say, I get hacked off with Huckerby running down the left wing then turning back to cross with his right foot (into the goalkeepers hands), rather than crossing with his left (away from the goalkeeper), he used to cross with his left and we used to score goals as a result.

[quote]I’M FED UP WITH WHINGEING FOOTBALLERS Now, again, we hear the excuses from Huckerby this time" which he says "they’re not" He praises the new signing, and immediately bursts into whinge mode, abou...[/quote]

Do you know something Beelsie, you are absolutely right, it''s about time Hucks, and the others took some responsibility for their actions. 

Maybe playing out of position or through an injury is the fault of the manager, but they should at least have the fundamentals of their job role, ie passing etc at the required level.

If not, then they have all day to practice, not the two and a  half they currently enjoy which consists of just drifting on with the same old routines.  Time to shape up or ship out.

What the comment tells me is that all is not right at the club, the coaching is failing the players (managers responsibility) as are the tactics and player selections which do all impact on player confidence, which in turn affects a players ability to perform at their best. 

Passing is like communication.  Most people can talk, but communication involves listening and checking that your words have been received in the right order.  Its the same with passing - players can kick a ball but the recipient needs to be expecting the ball, available to receive it, be moving to create space have a decent touch to control it.  These are tactical and also linked to team spirit, which from Hux comments, appears to be in very short supply at the moment.

I am not defending hux or any other player, they all have a pampered highly rewarded and easy lifestyle at our expense and they should accept some responsibility for their actions (Finger pointing Flem leading by example there).   However the influence any manager has on a team is enormous, whether in football or any other environment, and can convert good performers into poor ones very quickly.  

OTBC

Thanks to the team for sorting a communication problem out. and congrats on the new format IMO it looks good. Thanks to the posters for the above replies.

There was in my thread a certain amount of anger,  felt by all us supporters, born, I think of frustration at the interminable length of time taken to address mid field and defensive indecisiveness.

Huck''s we have mentioned, he has no excuse IMO.  He has stated that he knows his football!!  His football is one of the problems, he should use his knowledge of the game to fit in with the team instead of trying to be the cavalier of City football.  I and he knows what he has to offer and he falls far short again IMO.  It is nice to be the born again winner, but is far better if he was to function in a team envoirenment.  It has not gone un-noticed that the best football has been played this season without his starting tallents.  From the bench he offers what he is capable of.  As for the Manager he has made mistakes but his methods of football are, though not very adventurous, have been proven to work to a point, but for me as always his strategy is too deep to take advantage of any mid field spaces. His control of coaching is propably the same as it has be for the last three seasons.  His players have all one voice when it comes to assess their own effort, "not up to standard" is the collective rhetoric.  Well they say they know what is required, seemingly Worthy has also told them what is required of them, they are grown men, I ask them what are they going to do about, it seeing that they are so knowledgeble, they have the answers and we all know what that answer would be, were we asked the same questions in our collective employments.  Sack Worthy, I think not, who on earth would wish a group of non perfomers on any new manager with no funds to buy in more replacements and on their present showing in the football market place who on earth would want to buy them. ZLF you also made some good points and I have tried to consider and address them in the rather long drawn out paragraph above, cheers everbody.