Sign in to follow this  
allways travelling

New year outlook

What position in the table come new years day after the leicester game do you think we will be in.I posted on here top four by xmas few weeks back. slight adjustment i think we could be just of the top six come new years day.Would be ideal position in my opinion after all what has gone before us injuries etc.Would set us up   ready for a new year challenge keeping my fingers crossed.

love the positive vibes i still believe we''l b in the play off''s when in matters on april 30th bt thats my heart nt my head. it depends on factors like will nigel turn it round (doubtful) or will McKenzie''s long awaited return and dickson''s introuduction turn the underachieving team around.

realistically tho after leicester we wld of just hd 6 away games (could b painful) n 3 home games considering our current form i''m thinking abt mid table or lower.......bt then this is norwich city i''ve supported them long enough 2 no we cld almost b anywhere

see u at the new den

Never mind the danger..................

Having looked at the forthcoming games and given the way we are playing I reckon we will be lucky to have 27 points. I think we are an absolute shambles the sooner Worthington is sacked the better. The only way is down.........

[quote]Having looked at the forthcoming games and given the way we are playing I reckon we will be lucky to have 27 points. I think we are an absolute shambles the sooner Worthington is sacked the better. Th...[/quote]

Absolutely spot on - if Norwich was a horse in the National, given it''s current form (fell/pulled up/refused/did not start), not too many shrewd punters would be rushing to back it.

At new year dont think there will have been a dramatic improvement. I think we will finish about 10th at the end of the season after a few jan transfers had a slight effect

we could be anywhere by new years day - hopefully on heels of playoff positions, but our players need consistency and confidence that only comes from winning matches. After an indifferent start we had some good form going into the Millwall match when poor tactics and playing personnel out of position lost us the momentum we had gained. Since then the momentum has been against us, a downward spiral - is a 2 week break and getting dicko on loan enough to turn our season around? Yes if worthy can get jarrett playing well alongside Dicko and Thorne has a decent run in the side, along with Ashton scoring 4-8 times before xmas. If Worthy can get his class players going, then we''ve a chance, but can he?

Who knows - if the squad plays to its potential the VERY BEST we will be is on the fringe of a play off place - the worst is sitting in the bottom 3 (several tough games coming up and Calum leaving so its possible) but we are most likely to be sat mid to low table given our current inconsistency.  which simply is not good enough - so how muchlonger do we give the manager then?

OTBC

[quote]Who knows - if the squad plays to its potential the VERY BEST we will be is on the fringe of a play off place - the worst is sitting in the bottom 3 (several tough games coming up and Calum leaving so...[/quote]

Lets wait and see where we are after leicester match.Then we can review the position of how worthy has done like i say i think we will be doing ok by this stage.

[quote user="allways travelling"]

[quote]Who knows - if the squad plays to its potential the VERY BEST we will be is on the fringe of a play off place - the worst is sitting in the bottom 3 (several tough games coming up and Calum leaving so...[/quote]

Lets wait and see where we are after leicester match.Then we can review the position of how worthy has done like i say i think we will be doing ok by this stage.[/quote]

I am with you allways in thinking that our position will be better than it is now - but with half the season gone and still sitting in the bottom 6, as we are now, what would your view be then? 

I dare not contemplate that.But i have said all all along give worthy this season to put wright the failings of this season starting with luton sat.Lets hope with the two latest players in which i think he has got two brilliant recruits in we are back on the road to recovery all are players seem to be getting the injuries cleared up as well.I still feel a full team available with the extra two new boys we are a match for anyone. I also feel talk of relegation on these boards at this stage of the season coupled with the level of injuries we had was a bit of a over reaction cant say its ever worried me.KTF WE ARE GETTING THERE.[:)]

I admire your bright outlook on our club as ever, Always, but I expect you know by now that I cannot share your points of view.  By Leicester we may have improved a bit, but the games coming up, being mostly away from home just doesn''t say to me, great run of results towards a play off position.

Worthy may be saying reassuring stuff in the press (as he and the board have done for quite a while now), but the results so far speak for themselves, we have, as others have said, underachieved considering who is in our squad and compared to other teams.  I hope Worthy has used the past two weeks well to instill some basic coaching and inspiration into the team, but somehow I don''t feel too confident about this.  Yes, we have had injuries, but only a few and no more than other teams have had to endure.  Only Safri being out has really caused a problem.  Worthy would still be playing people out of position even if we had an injury free team, he would still be playing long ball when we have Ashton upfront who is used to proper ball to feet football.  We would still be negative and sit on a 1-0 lead, we have done all this since he has been manager, so I don''t see it changing now.

Talk of relegation only happens if the team are playing and failing to win most of their games.  Which is how it has been.  We have been shocking in a number of games, disappointing in many and dull in the others.  Sorry Always, but I have to really think hard to remember a convincing display this season and that is why I see things the way I do. 

I think Norwich bo booed big time when they agreed to switch the Coventry game to Carrow Rd.  They thought this would give us a nine point haul with three home games instead it only gave us two points.  Now we have the horrible task of getting our season going with four away games. City should have said to Coventry we will still play you away but at a neutral ground near their place.  Big mistake that will now come back to bite us quite severly.